A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
312 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Doctor Who & Spin Offs Swap Gallery!!  (Read 15006 times)
Tags for this thread: dr_who , tv , doctor_who  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tazzell
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007 03:24:32 PM »

Wow I so hope there's a Dr Who swap again soon, all your work is amazing.  Well done everyone Cheesy  I bow to your greatness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taz

'Life must be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards' - Soren Kierkegaard

My wists
http://www.wists.com/tazzell
My blog
http://cutitandpinit.blogspot.com/

Trends may come and go but I'll always be a crafter.
yamwam
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007 07:04:18 PM »

Received from my absolutely fantastic swap partner Midnightoak today and I couldn't be happier. Thank you a million times over, Midnightoak! I feel so spoiled. Want to see what I mean?

How did all of this fit into one box? I think Midnightoak must have used Gallifreyan technology. Clockwise from top left: TARDIS sewing box that falls open, Capt. Jack Harkness' vortex manipulator, heaps of British candy--I mean sweets, strange pocket that came with a note that said "Bigger on the inside", cards/bookmarks featuring my favourite characters and quotes, registered merchandise including a Doctor Who pen and pencil and a "Monster message pad" (hee hee!), and these cool cards featuring quotes and sort of coloured silhouettes of the 10th Doctor and Jack Harkness.

The TARDIS sewing box, made like a fall-open box:

I saw it in a previous Doctor Who Swap and wisted it. Midnightoak's sister made the original one, which shows that this amazing talent must run in the family! I love love love it. Check out the attention to detail--there's even a wee pincushion made up to look like the controls:

This is a vortex manipulator that my partner "picked up in a secondhand shop in Cardiff". Even though it doesn't work anymore--I guess it would be pretty irresponsible to leave vortex manipulators where any mortal could get at them!--it still looks really cool:

My limited photography skills would not allow me to take pictures of the various cards and bookmarks without glare. If you have any good pictures of them, Midnightoak, feel free to post them!

I also mentioned to Midnightoak that I have a sweet tooth, and since she hails from the UK she was able to send over lots of yummy British candy that's probably outlawed in Canada. I'm going to eat it at work and see if my productivity spikes. Trust me, it'll be awesome.

The last thing I examined was the strange little pocket painted like the TARDIS. How could it be bigger on the inside? And then--

Hey, wait a minute!

Oh my God! It is bigger on the inside! It's a bag that very cleverly folds into itself and, even more cleverly, is painted to look like the inside of the TARDIS. I'd been meaning to make one of these since I saw that tutorial, but nothing I could cobble together could ever be as incredible as this! Midnightoak is so amazing at sewing that she even made the handles look like those lacy column-things inside the TARDIS. It's unbelievable.

It's all unbelievable, really. You are marvellous, Midnightoak. Thank you again, and although my package seems inadequate now, I truly hope you enjoy it as much as I like all of the above!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010 05:11:51 AM by lapoli - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Midnightoak
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007 11:08:11 PM »

Grin It arrived! Yamwam got much better photos of things than I did of the vortex manipulator...maybe there was some residual energy when I was taking mine  Roll Eyes

anyway here are some photos of the cards I made: Excuse the general crafting mess that surrounds them...

These are quotes from the 9th and 10th doctors with card toppers made out of coloured layered card (an idea I had at the last minute on the way home from work and just had to make)

And a detail shot so you can see more of the tennant topper, I am just so pleased with how his hair came out  Cheesy (this was before I put them on the quote cards), the Eccleston/jack harkness one was much simpler to put together. I might have to start making the entire line of doctors in future...

I am so glad you liked them, this was by far my most nervous wait for a parcel yet, I am especially glad that the manipulator looks like it fits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Luinecu

"Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007 01:01:30 AM »

My gosh, we have so much awesome stuff coming out of this swap! I am seriously impressed with everyone's, wow!! Shocked

Cherrybomb; I totally adore the bomb pillow if not lacking a very sexy man astride it!! Cheesy Very creative, and the writing you used on the quote is so neat, I'm in awe!

Midnightoak; I would totally spend all my money on that wrist comm if you were selling them, it's truely awesome!! I'd wear it every day too.. heehee. Also your 'bigger on the inside' TARDIS bag had me jibbering across the room at the bf. Cheesy Love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luinecu
x x o

Livejournal // Wists
Shazrasha

A very crafty Doctor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007 01:29:54 AM »

Ah it's nice to see my confusing internet instructions to midnightoak made sense in the end  Grin

The bag turned out very cool and I love the wrist manipulator and the card tops. I want card tops like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I do Personal swaps though you might have to ask me really nicely as I don't have huge swathes of time on my hands Smiley However I love crafting for other people.
Mave

do-dee-do-do-dee-do-dodododo

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007 03:52:50 AM »

Oh wow!  Love the bigger on the inside bag and the cutouts.  What a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my (very short!) wist http://www.wists.com/MaveH
ch-ch-cherrybomb
lovely as a split lip

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007 06:42:11 AM »

i am completely drooling over the "bigger inside" bag and the vortex manipulator!  two more things for me to add to my wist Cheesy
absolutely brilliant!

and thanks, luinecu, for the compliment Smiley

i can't wait to see everyone else's goodies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mave

do-dee-do-do-dee-do-dodododo

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007 03:32:57 AM »

i received from raenef, but i can't open my package till friday, cause i'm not at home! the suspense is killing me...

i'll post pics at the weekend - thanks raenef! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my (very short!) wist http://www.wists.com/MaveH
Raenef
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007 10:57:58 PM »

I hope you like everything. I've got terrible swap anxiety from the awesome crafts that have appeared on this thread so far  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC's up for trade here
Photos
modgirl
Vinyl, Lipstick, & DIY

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2007 05:42:07 PM »

Lots of impressive stuff in this gallery.  Do you mind my asking what is the night sky box about?  (I'm a new Who.)  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Be It

looking for a Readymade issue
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...