A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEW Crafting Group in the East Bay area?  (Read 14907 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leslieduckie
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2005 10:08:46 AM »

In the meantime, I say let's hear from everyone which days work best to meet up. For me, Monday and Tuesday evenings are good and definitely what I prefer.

Wednesday evenings are closed, and I'm starting a sewing class on Thursday nights that ends on February 17th. I save my weekends for being irresponsible and spontaneous so I'd like to keep that off limits, if possible. =)

I'm excited to meet everyone. I'm totally open to my house in Oakland (Lake Merritt) be a meeting spot. =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feisty Elle
Accessories for the Feisty-Minded
www.feistyelle.com
lisascenic
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2005 10:13:51 AM »

The negotiating begins....

Mondays are not good for me.  I live near Lake Merritt, too.

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leslieduckie
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2005 10:15:27 AM »

What days work for you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feisty Elle
Accessories for the Feisty-Minded
www.feistyelle.com
portobello
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2005 10:54:44 AM »

Hi guys, I live in Berkeley but would be totally fine coming to lake Merritt, I come there all the time anyway because my mom lives in The Essex (heh.)

I have classes pretty late on Wednesday and Monday but Tuesday and thursday look good for me.

--portobello
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mahogany413
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2005 02:33:51 PM »

tell me when you guys are meeting, I'll come
THIS ROCKS   Logged
casiep
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2005 04:58:47 PM »

My schedule is wide open most any weekday night.  If I had a preference I guess Monday, Wednesday, or Thursday would be best?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heathertea
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2005 08:45:40 PM »

Hi I'm in the east bay and have been looking for a crafting/knitting/whatever group type thing for a while! Any weeknight works for me... though I'll be limited in having to take bart to wherever we meet up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mahogany413
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2005 11:43:56 PM »

Can we do an online chat, like in a private chat room or something, to plan this??? Maybe even on AIM? That may be more effective, hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mellyp

QFA - you know you want to...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2005 05:20:17 PM »

hi everyone - this is melissa, i started this thread a million years ago and unfortunately got caught up in the holidays, moving, vacation, etc...i apologize for the delay in organizing anything concrete. i know some of you have PM'd some other people for get togethers, that's awesome - any offshoots of this initial idea are great!
i am still interested in getting together with some other east bay'ers...this is what i can do and what i am hoping makes sense -

* a group interested in meeting in the el cerrito/albany/berkeley/oakland/richmond area - san francisco is ok too - i know travel is a concern of some people, me included. i think, for the sake of time and convenience, if it takes longer than 45 minutes to an hour to travel it might be worth it to join/organize a craft group closer to home. that being said, no one is excluded from this group  Smiley just keep in mind that we'll probably be rotating locations each meeting so it totally depends on each individual's ability to travel.

* an weekend group  - i think this is best for the majority of crafter's work/school schedules and everyone dealing with freeway traffic and public transit.

* i can host the 1st meeting. i have a small house in el cerrito, practically under BART and i can practically have about 8-10 people over to craft.

so! please PM me if you are interested in this - from there i will get together a list of crafters and i promise to follow up with you quickly this time!

if this group doesn't work for you please don't be discouraged - there are so many people on this thread looking to meet up with other crafters, start a group if you can't find what you are looking for...it's free!

thanks for your patience and happy crafting!
melissa

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alberta alberta - crafty goodness for you and your home
preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'albertaalberta.etsy.com')
http://albertaalberta.blogspot.com/
peggysheehan
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2005 11:06:49 PM »

Hi everyone!

I've been spying on craftster for 2 years and finally joined up. 

I'm still pretty new at crafting, but totally want to join your club.

I live in the smallest studio in Rockridge/North Berkeley so I can't host.

I'd prefer Monday nights, weekends (-Saturday mornings when there are Yellow Jacket rides).

A little about me: 26 yr old female.  English major working in publishing.  Used to run an artist group, which was really an excuse to get together drink and draw when ethere was nothing else to do and I was living in the suburbs. 

Please keep me posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style Portrait: Student Amanda Jane Givens
Style Portrait: Fashion Blogger Peony Lim
Style Portrait: Blogger Angelica Ardasheva
The Cut Field Tests the Peplum Trend
Street Style Hunting with Bryan Boy
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...