A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
658 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: NEW Crafting Group in the East Bay area?  (Read 15903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mellyp

QFA - you know you want to...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 29, 2004 04:22:59 PM »

I know there have been some posts for this in the past, but the most recent ones I found were from September. I am dying to meet some other crafters like myself - none of my friends here craft at all (how can that be?!?)
I live in El Cerrito but I am a few blocks from Albany and just a mile or two from Berkeley. I have a small house and can host a craft night, I'd love to start up a weekly rotating group.
My name is Melissa, I'm 27 - I don't descriminate against any crafts and right now I am working on handmade christmas presents. I have found too many great ideas on this site and I am trying to whittle down the idea list!
Or...if there is already a group in my area please let me know!
Thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

alberta alberta - crafty goodness for you and your home
albertaalberta.etsy.com
http://albertaalberta.blogspot.com/
Jerome
giggedy, giggedy, giggedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004 09:38:18 PM »

Hi Melissa, my name is Jen, 30 years old and live in Oakland.  I've been looking for some groups as well... I mostly knit and am starting to sew as well.  Primarly I'm into making things I can wear or decorate my house with.  I can also host meeting as well. 

I have found a few stich n' bitch type groups that meet on Wed. nights.  There is also a yahoo group called SFCraftyVixens.  I joined it very recently but haven't looked at the calendar yet to see if there are any events/meetings I want to go to.  Here is the link - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SFCraftyVixens

Hopefully some other locals will chime in.  I'm definitely more interested in East Bay groups vs. the greater bay area. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mellyp

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004 09:03:21 AM »

Jen - Thanks so much for your reply! I am excited about the prospect of starting up a group and meeting some new people.
It is a lot easier for me to get around the EC/Berkeley/Oakland area than to drive to the city, especially after work - I know there must be more people looking for a group like this too.
How often are you free to do something like this? What kind of frequency are you interested in? I would love to get together weekly, most evenings are fine for me but I am pretty flexible on schedule.
Thanks for the link - I'm going to check it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

albertaalberta.etsy.com
flyinpurplemunkiez
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004 11:25:16 AM »

Well if you group gets more interested ppl and my group continues to get none then I'd be happy to join your group Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mellyp

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004 11:40:20 AM »

You'd be more than welcome flyinpurplemunkiez  Smiley We will keep this thread going for all interested parties and see what happens!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

albertaalberta.etsy.com
portobello
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004 02:57:48 PM »

HI, my name is andrea and I live in Berkeley, I am a student here and would be interested in meeting people into crafting. I'm mostly into knitting right now, but I have been known to sew, bead, and improvise various crafty methods in the past.

However, I just discovered this forum and I don't know how often I'll be here, so if you plan to get together please email me at:

ananda at tentacle dot net

Thanks,
I look forward to meeting like-minded people!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewgeeky

let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas this year!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004 05:16:20 PM »

I live in Oakland but work in the south bay (why, yes, I DO love my commute!), so I'd be available for weekend activities in the east bay.  I could even host, if your standards are seriously low and numbers are not to large!  There's a good cafe up the street from me if it got out of control.

I'm definitely thinking post-Christmas, though, because I think my brain is done for December.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mellyp

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004 01:48:11 PM »

sewgeeky - great! i think after christmas would be best too, there seems to be more and more happening in the next few weeks and not enough time to do it all. i will put you down on the list of interested people and i'll contact everyone after the holidays and we'll go from there. thanks for your response!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

albertaalberta.etsy.com
mahogany413
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2004 09:23:50 AM »

I'm in San Francisco, but visit my parents house in Oakland often. I'd be willing to meet whenever you guys meet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leslieduckie
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2004 11:41:04 AM »

Heylo, my name is Leslie and I'm 24 and live in Oakland. I'm down to host at my house in Oakland too. I usually play around with acrylic felt to make flowers and chains and such but I'm starting to get into sculpting plastic and felting/fulling. Let me know when you all meet up in, January is it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feisty Elle
Accessories for the Feisty-Minded
www.feistyelle.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese
Behind the Sandwich: Crispy Pork at Bark Hot Dogs
The Best Burger in New York City: The Brindle Room
Dr. Travis Makes a Healthy Deep Dish Pizza
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...