A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,651
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Cloth Pads Tutorial  (Read 234855 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , cloth_pad , template  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starrygal
« Reply #700 on: February 25, 2008 10:50:10 AM »

Thanks javastain and the noodle princess Smiley (love your names btw Cheesy)

Checked Etsy out, tis ideal! Now all I need to do is convince my mum how great these are, otherwise I can't buy them Roll Eyes thank you both Smiley (I love craftster <3 )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ReconstructiveChoice
LGM

Wiggle your big toe.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: February 25, 2008 04:10:02 PM »

I've read about 12 pages into this thread, and I'm strongly tempted to convert.  I'm currently a disposable tampon user, but I feel bad about flushing them down the toilet to God-knows-where, only to wind up in some waste processing plant that throws them into a landfill anyway.  Disposable pads itch sometimes, and they almost always leak!  A few (about 50  Grin)  pages back, someone mentioned sea sponge tampons.  How do those work?

What's also really great for tampon users is the Keeper or Diva Cup.  google either one, they're the best... you can't make 'em though, so sorry if i'm filling up this thread w/ non-craftster stuff.  but the Keeper does come with a fantastic little drawstring bag that I lost and so I made a new one for myself... there's a crafty element!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniefee
« Reply #702 on: February 25, 2008 06:46:41 PM »

Today I came across this site: http://www.goods4girls.org

and thought how awesome it is and how awesome this thread is and how awesome you all are, and so I had to share.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #703 on: February 27, 2008 07:37:16 PM »

starrygal, try looking on Etsy.com, there are some really good deals on pads there.
OH! Duh! Yea! Etsy!!! I wasn't thinking!!! I know someone who has the best pads! I have some from her if you want a referral you can PM me!!!

Love you noodleprincess!  Wink

ahahaha! thanks, javastain! actually i haven't been making them much lately since i got into spinning yarn! but it seems like there are TONS of people selling them now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #704 on: February 28, 2008 12:15:32 AM »

starrygal, try looking on Etsy.com, there are some really good deals on pads there.
OH! Duh! Yea! Etsy!!! I wasn't thinking!!! I know someone who has the best pads! I have some from her if you want a referral you can PM me!!!

Love you noodleprincess!  Wink

ahahaha! thanks, javastain! actually i haven't been making them much lately since i got into spinning yarn! but it seems like there are TONS of people selling them now.
Hahhahahhaa! Me too! I got my wheel exactly 2 weeks ago and all I do is spin!!!! I dream about spinning! Seriously!
I digress....

So, I still use the pad I got from you and I still use the crocheted tampons and strongly encourage EVERYONE to get their hands on some cloth/reusable pads of their own!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

« Reply #705 on: February 28, 2008 10:02:02 AM »

anniefee, that IS awesome! maybe i will sew up some pads to donate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
jennyleigh

So many projects. So little time.

« Reply #706 on: March 03, 2008 11:36:15 AM »

I have an umbrella that has bitten the dust as far as umbrellas go; however, the fabric is still good.  Do you think it would work as a waterproof lining for cloth pads?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
muguet
« Reply #707 on: March 03, 2008 03:47:14 PM »

jennyleigh: I don't see why not.  I have an old umbrella, too, and I was also considering using mine for the same purpose.  The pads I made, though, just use polar fleece as a water resistant backing.  It is a bit thick, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog:
http://muguet.wordpress.com/

And the essential wistlist:
www.wists.com/muguet

Recycle your books and get new ones! PaperBack Swap
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #708 on: March 04, 2008 12:42:15 PM »

you know what makes a super great moisture barrier??? WOOL! You could knit/crochet (or recycle a sweater) into a barrier layer with natural wool. I know people make diaper covers with wool and they work great! You can add lanolin to the wool for more protection too. I figure if it can keep baby pee from leaking, it could keep my flow from leaking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
jennyleigh

So many projects. So little time.

« Reply #709 on: March 04, 2008 01:49:46 PM »

I know it's a mental thing on my part, but wool sounds so hot and itchy -- especially "there."   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vertical Vs. Horizontal Photography
Selecting Image Quality on Your Digital Camera
Digital SLR Photography Tips
iPhone Photography Tips
Understanding White Balance
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...