A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need something mushy to make my long distance boyfriend!  (Read 971 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thisissunshine
« on: July 20, 2007 10:58:42 AM »

Okay I know I shouldn't be freaking out this much because his birthday isn't until september.  But okay, so we've always been long distance but now he's in the army so we're even more long distance.  but before we were just friends.  So now I'm having troubles.  Okay so, he's very very mushy and sentimental like I am.  He likes cartoons (Oh yeah Invader ZIM!!) he's turning 20.  He's in the army. uhhhh hmmmm.  I love him to death and I want to make him something special that reminds him of me and makes his heart get all melty.  But I also want it to be quirky in a way because we're both pretty odd and goofy.  He's done a lot of stuff so I guess he doesn't really have any hobbies, he used to play violin and guitar, and wants to pick violin up again.  I've read all the other threads and nothing jumps out at me... maybe I'm not looking hard enough.  Anway if I forgot something mucho important tell me, and I'm sorry in advance.  Please help!  Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninjanator
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007 11:29:14 AM »

hiya, i don't know what type of crafts you can do, but if you've seen the robot here with the removable heart: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=103746.0

you could make him a plushie of invader zim or gir or another favorite character like that. or if that's a little too tedious, you could try to do something like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=113042.0

that's semi-mushy i guess Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007 12:32:18 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47986.0

try looking at that thread, there's 56 pages of ideas. You're bound to find some ideas  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007 12:43:55 PM »

I like to knit cute stuffies for my BF to cuddle with when I'm away.

You could always write a letter as well, everyone loves to get mail and he can read it whenever he's thinking of you.

Maybe a scrap book/journal with notes to him and pictures of things you've done together?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
thisissunshine
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007 07:29:13 PM »

wellll so far I know he'd love pictures of me.  but I don't love pictures of me haha.  But I was thinking of getting a frame that can show more than one picture and then have a couple different pictures of me each holding a different piece of paper.  So one would say "I" the next "Love" and the third would be "You".  And he's always that I have his heart and he has mine... or at least in a round about way, so I was thinking about a whole "giving him my heart" type of concept.  But I don't know how to send him my heart... haha.  Maybe make a heart?  Or??? Meh,  but I also want to do something to manly it up a bit you know?  So it's not all mushy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninjanator
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007 08:07:30 PM »

i did the whole holding up paper thing for mine for valentines this year ^^ he <3'd it and i know some others on here have done it so that's always a good idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
yellowlamp
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007 06:28:31 AM »

Hello there =) I don't know if this will help much- but for my boyfriend,I made a cute scrapbook of sweet sayings that showed how much I care and love him with cut-out pictures from magazines I stumbled upon in different stores XD It'll take some crafty effort, but the happiness and laughs my boyfriend got out of it were ALL worth it!
Here's a photo of one of the pages out of the book:
NOTE: It said "YOU" in big letters on previous page.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z303/blaireivy/0713071438.jpg

I made about 20 pages in all,front and back.I would have gone longer,but with the added thickness of stuff being glued onto the pages- it got pretty thick! I hope I helped just a little bit with giving you an idea =] You could incorporate some Invader Zim into something like this if you wanted and put some photos of yourself too.I don't think any guy would object to pictures of his girlfriend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gammerus

Optimus prime owns you

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007 12:44:45 AM »

You could always make him a promise letter. Write all the things you promise to do with/for him when he comes back home. Being stuck out on an army base can get rather lonely (in a nonplatonic way) so I'm sure he would like a nice reminder of what is waiting for him at home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Photoshop 2/2
How to Use Photoshop 1/2
how to Make a Picture Look Like A Painting in Photoshop
How to Create an Electric Text Effect In Photoshop
How to Use Camtasia Studio
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...