A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Seed-themed favors  (Read 869 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wealhtheow
if this isn't nice, what is?

ting-a-ling, you bastards!

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2007 08:26:33 PM »

Hi All,
We're doing a rehearsal dinner in our NEW BACKYARD (the crowd goes wild).   The poor yard is devoid of plantlife, except the stray leaf of grass, but next spring I'm going to give it an extreme makeover.  Anyway, I wanted to do some little favors that look like seed packets, but I'm not sure what to put in them.  I would just do regular old seed packets, but 2/3 of the guests would not know what to do with them.  Any ideas for candy/toys/other cool things that would go with this theme?  I'm also looking for ideas about cheap/free decoration for our bbq.  Luckily, I have inherited a case of sunflower candles, but that's all I have so far.  thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliefer
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007 08:50:28 AM »

how about tea? that's what we're giving for our favours. we're making up a custom blend of loose tea and putting it into teabags...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007 09:05:33 AM »

you could do those flower pens in little pots as decorations and favors.

for the seeds, why not put the packet in a little pot (they're pretty cheap from like Home Depot or somewhere like that) decorated with ribbon or something, then you could put candy or whatever you want in the pot with the seeds (I was thinking gummy worms...) maybe then some of your guests might plant them, since they would already have the little starter pot. You could even make little tags to hang from the ribbons with planting instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
goldfishhead
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007 09:52:02 AM »

mabey I'm being too obvious but...what about that paper with the seeds inside it...the kind of paper you can plant? You could do little origami thinggies made out of it, or even make some little holders for some munchies. I lov it when the favor is food- it dosnt clutter up my house, and it gives me something to nibble on the ride home.

I've also always thought it would be cool, for people NOT living in the frozen north, like i do, to use that paper on invites...and try to get paper containing seeds that flower in the same month as your wedding. then, as they watch the plants grow, theill be reminded of the upcomin event, and continue to be reminded for as long as the flowers grow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007 08:28:59 PM »

You could make seed packets full of chocolate covered sunflower seeds. You could also sprout some wheat berries in baskets or other containers as a decorative placeholder... everyone gets their own little plot of grass... stake a plalcecard in them, and then they can take them home to try and keep them alive, either for decoration or for their cats to eat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wealhtheow
if this isn't nice, what is?

ting-a-ling, you bastards!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007 07:03:51 AM »

Thanks so much for all your input, everyone! :-)  I love the chocolate-covered seeds idea and the little pots of grass.  Loose tea would be really cute too, except I'm the only tea-drinker... maybe I should just change my theme to 'beer'... ;-) I think I'm going to do some variation on 'seed' food - maybe sesame seed candies.  I'll post when they're all assembled for all to see. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007 07:08:23 AM »

Poppyseed muffins, smoothies with flaxseed oil, hummus (includes tahini, made from sesame seeds) with pita chips that have been sprinkled with sesame?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Princess Roll Hairstyle Tutorial
Salma Hayek’s Beauty School: Easy Wavy Hair
How to Make Your Blowout Last the Entire Week
How to Achieve Ombre Hair Color At-Home
A Comb That Rids Frizz
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...