A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,584
Currently Running With Scissors:
634 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Topeka or Topeka/Lawrence craft circle?  (Read 8458 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tlcmom
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005 02:50:09 PM »

That is a good idea, I would go. You can start one up at meetup.com
I can go to either Topeka or Lawrence since I live 30 mins from both of them. ~Christi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Adaquinn
How beaded it is!!

Aren't I cute?!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005 10:20:21 AM »

Is this group still going on?   I'm in Topeka and I love to do crafts, I haven't crocheted much lately  (I've become bead obsessed)  and I'd love to figure knitting out.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iamsobadass
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005 09:53:21 AM »

i'm heading home this weekend to the topeka area (my dad lives in Holton) and i was thinking maybe us NEK crafsters could get together in topeka saturday night?
i posted on the yahoo group.
anyone want to show up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006 10:21:36 PM »

I know this is a way old topic but I'm in the SNB Topeka group.  We're a fun bunch of people and meet Wednesdays at 21st and Fairlawn's Classic Bean.  We are there from 7 P.M. - 9...I usually stick around til 10 but other people get sleepy faster than my caffeine-enduced body.

I'd love to meet some fellow craftsters (aka cracksters as my friends call it) at an SNB meeting!!! 

And this is the first time I've scrolled past the KNITTING section on the main page.  I never noticed this before.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
missamorphosis
"The man who has no imagination has no wings."~ Muhammad Ali

Butterflies, Buttons, & Crochet--ah, life is good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006 09:09:17 AM »

I tried to go to the Yahoo group and got this message:

Group Not Found
There is no group called stitchnbitch-topeka. Please make sure you typed the web address correctly. If you have done so, the group may no longer exist.

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shade Tree Crochet (crochet/craft blog)
Stitch-Stirrers - prompts and other fun things for the crocheter
knittycrafter
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006 09:19:19 PM »

Another Topeka yahoo group to check out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/topekaknit/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006 09:37:59 PM »

We had to change it to Topeka Knit b/c of the whole in progress law suit thingamabob of Stitch n Bitch  Tongue  It's now Topeka Knit.  The group moderator that has the login info for SNB isn't a very good moderator anymore.  She sends out invites on Tuesdays but they're bogus. 
Feel free to PM me (anyone!!) if you want to go to the SNB on Wednesdays.  If the date/time changes, I will definitely post here and let everyone know.
Anyway...again...

What:  SNB Topeka (knitters and crocheters welcome-and people wanting to learn or observe)
Where:  21st and Fairlawn - Fairlawn Plaza - The Classic Bean (big coffee joint), Topeka, KS
When:  Officially begins at 7pm - 9pm, but several of us get there around 6.  But like I said .. "officially"
Why:  cos it will rock your socks off!

So come. New people are always fun.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
opheliareborn
The Bouncy Insomniac

Talk nerdy to me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006 04:02:25 AM »

I'd actually still be interested in more of a multicraft group, in addition to the SNB.  I hadn't had much response here, so I stopped checking it forever ago, sorry.  I think it'd be fun to do a weekly or monthly craft circle.  Everytime, a different person leading us in a project.  The SNB sounds fun, but I'm terrible at knitting and crocheting.  I've tried for years, but my fingers don't actally move right for me to do it with any comfort and without dropping. It's not really fun for me, thought I love my Nifty KNitter
THIS ROCKS   Logged
UnsceneObserver
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006 10:52:52 AM »

I'd actually still be interested in more of a multicraft group, in addition to the SNB.  I hadn't had much response here, so I stopped checking it forever ago, sorry.  I think it'd be fun to do a weekly or monthly craft circle.  Everytime, a different person leading us in a project.  The SNB sounds fun, but I'm terrible at knitting and crocheting.  I've tried for years, but my fingers don't actally move right for me to do it with any comfort and without dropping. It's not really fun for me, thought I love my Nifty KNitter
I would also be very interested in a multi-craft type group. I sew mostly, do some crochet, but I don't knit at all, but I love meeting crafters and learning new techniques!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

I have an etsy! The Home for Imaginary Friends
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006 01:32:39 PM »

I wish I had found this site before I moved from Lawrence back to Tennessee.  I was a manager at Paradise Cafe before it went thhhhhfffffffft and could have had get togethers there.  The same guy that owned it also owns Creation Station.  I know he would have been down for it. . . . .  oh well.... sigh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Powerful Woodland Image
How to Photograph Texture
How to Photograph a Stranger
How to Use Wide Angle For Sharper Images
How to Use Window Light as a Beauty Light
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...