A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Topeka or Topeka/Lawrence craft circle?  (Read 7888 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

opheliareborn
The Bouncy Insomniac

Talk nerdy to me!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 29, 2004 11:35:46 AM »

Would anyone be interested in starting a craft circle or Stitch'n'Bitch in the Topeka/Lawrence area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lootyaj
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004 08:27:50 AM »

Although I am not a knitter (I can, but I prefer crochet)  I would love to get together with like-minded people to craft.  I live in Topeka, but could travel to Lawrence about once a month if I had a reason......

Come on guys (girls, whatever)  don't be scared!  Post and lets get something going!~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amy Jo ~
My Wist
FluffyMonkey
i feel my fate in what i cannot fear

The creative mind plays with what it loves

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005 12:06:13 AM »

Aren't Lawrence and Emporia just about equidistant from Topeka? I was thinking they were both about an hour (different directions, yes, but still).

Fluffy Monkey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

On Ravelry! Look me up; there I'm baela.
opheliareborn
The Bouncy Insomniac

Talk nerdy to me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005 05:00:23 AM »

Lawrence is only about 20 minutes east of Topeka.  Emporia is over an hour southwest.  A little further, but definately doable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FluffyMonkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005 07:17:51 AM »

I could see giving this a shot once I have money for GAS!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"There are two kinds of strengths: the strength to lead, and the strength to follow; the strength to control, and the strength to yield. There are two kinds of power: the power to strip another's soul bare, and the power to stand naked."
~Yaldah Tovah

tlcmom
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005 03:18:24 PM »

Hey, I live in Overbrook, which is about 30 mins south of Topeka and Lawrence (SE of Topeka, and SW of Lawrence) We could get together at the Bank, they provide a room free of charge, we just need to schedual a day and time. I think that might make it fair, or we could change host places, like one month do it in Lawrence, the next in Emporia, the next in Topeka. something like that. Meetup.com also has some local meetup groups. I have never gone to one, but someday might. Smiley ~Christi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iamsobadass
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005 10:06:11 PM »

i'd probably show up at one in topeka if it were a weekend when i was at home (im' from Holton) but i'm living in wichita now, and only make it home about once a month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FluffyMonkey

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005 07:37:40 PM »

I'd really be most likely to go if it were in topeka. what sort of things would all of you like to work on, or would it just be everyone working on different things and just there to have someone to talk to?

fluffy monkey
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Yaldah Tovah

iamsobadass
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005 10:25:57 AM »

i'm coming home not this weekend but the weekend after (18-20) so the 19th would be a great day for me to get together and do some crafty hanging out.  We could all just meet at a coffee shop or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittycrafter
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005 05:36:48 PM »

I just wanted to let you know that there is a Topeka Stitch n Bitch forming go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stitchnbitch-topeka

If you have any other knitter of crocheter friends let them know too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tlcmom
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005 02:50:09 PM »

That is a good idea, I would go. You can start one up at meetup.com
I can go to either Topeka or Lawrence since I live 30 mins from both of them. ~Christi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Adaquinn
How beaded it is!!

Aren't I cute?!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005 10:20:21 AM »

Is this group still going on?   I'm in Topeka and I love to do crafts, I haven't crocheted much lately  (I've become bead obsessed)  and I'd love to figure knitting out.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iamsobadass
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2005 09:53:21 AM »

i'm heading home this weekend to the topeka area (my dad lives in Holton) and i was thinking maybe us NEK crafsters could get together in topeka saturday night?
i posted on the yahoo group.
anyone want to show up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006 10:21:36 PM »

I know this is a way old topic but I'm in the SNB Topeka group.  We're a fun bunch of people and meet Wednesdays at 21st and Fairlawn's Classic Bean.  We are there from 7 P.M. - 9...I usually stick around til 10 but other people get sleepy faster than my caffeine-enduced body.

I'd love to meet some fellow craftsters (aka cracksters as my friends call it) at an SNB meeting!!! 

And this is the first time I've scrolled past the KNITTING section on the main page.  I never noticed this before.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
missamorphosis
"The man who has no imagination has no wings."~ Muhammad Ali

Butterflies, Buttons, & Crochet--ah, life is good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006 09:09:17 AM »

I tried to go to the Yahoo group and got this message:

Group Not Found
There is no group called stitchnbitch-topeka. Please make sure you typed the web address correctly. If you have done so, the group may no longer exist.

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shade Tree Crochet (crochet/craft blog)
Stitch-Stirrers - prompts and other fun things for the crocheter
knittycrafter
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2006 09:19:19 PM »

Another Topeka yahoo group to check out: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/topekaknit/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2006 09:37:59 PM »

We had to change it to Topeka Knit b/c of the whole in progress law suit thingamabob of Stitch n Bitch  Tongue  It's now Topeka Knit.  The group moderator that has the login info for SNB isn't a very good moderator anymore.  She sends out invites on Tuesdays but they're bogus. 
Feel free to PM me (anyone!!) if you want to go to the SNB on Wednesdays.  If the date/time changes, I will definitely post here and let everyone know.
Anyway...again...

What:  SNB Topeka (knitters and crocheters welcome-and people wanting to learn or observe)
Where:  21st and Fairlawn - Fairlawn Plaza - The Classic Bean (big coffee joint), Topeka, KS
When:  Officially begins at 7pm - 9pm, but several of us get there around 6.  But like I said .. "officially"
Why:  cos it will rock your socks off!

So come. New people are always fun.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
opheliareborn
The Bouncy Insomniac

Talk nerdy to me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006 04:02:25 AM »

I'd actually still be interested in more of a multicraft group, in addition to the SNB.  I hadn't had much response here, so I stopped checking it forever ago, sorry.  I think it'd be fun to do a weekly or monthly craft circle.  Everytime, a different person leading us in a project.  The SNB sounds fun, but I'm terrible at knitting and crocheting.  I've tried for years, but my fingers don't actally move right for me to do it with any comfort and without dropping. It's not really fun for me, thought I love my Nifty KNitter
THIS ROCKS   Logged
UnsceneObserver
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006 10:52:52 AM »

I'd actually still be interested in more of a multicraft group, in addition to the SNB.  I hadn't had much response here, so I stopped checking it forever ago, sorry.  I think it'd be fun to do a weekly or monthly craft circle.  Everytime, a different person leading us in a project.  The SNB sounds fun, but I'm terrible at knitting and crocheting.  I've tried for years, but my fingers don't actally move right for me to do it with any comfort and without dropping. It's not really fun for me, thought I love my Nifty KNitter
I would also be very interested in a multi-craft type group. I sew mostly, do some crochet, but I don't knit at all, but I love meeting crafters and learning new techniques!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

I have an etsy! The Home for Imaginary Friends
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006 01:32:39 PM »

I wish I had found this site before I moved from Lawrence back to Tennessee.  I was a manager at Paradise Cafe before it went thhhhhfffffffft and could have had get togethers there.  The same guy that owned it also owns Creation Station.  I know he would have been down for it. . . . .  oh well.... sigh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krisadair
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009 09:00:41 PM »

We currently have a craft/knitting/crochet circle in Lawrence meeting Tuesday nights. If anyone is interested send me a message.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
organizergirl
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2009 08:47:18 AM »

Hi, I'm new to this board and amazing website.  I see this thread actually started several years ago, but thought I'd chime in and introduce myself. 

I live in Topeka and like to sew.  I can do very basic knitting!  Also do a lot of scrapbooking and other papercrafts.  I do work full-time and have started a professional organizing business (hence the username), but would still like to have some time to meet other craftsters in the area.

Becky
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shrimp Creole Recipe
How to Make Broccoli Rice Casserole
Seared Orange Salmon - Alaska Salmon Recipe #3
Crab Cakes with Lemongrass Mustard Mayo
Zesty Italian Salmon - Alaska Salmon Recipe #2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...