A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,164
Currently Running With Scissors:
641 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking to swap for a doll  (Read 1326 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« on: July 19, 2007 09:49:12 AM »

Hi everyone - I am one of the many  looking for a Blythe doll - she doesn't have to be current - I don't care how old she is or what color her hair is - but I would like her to be regular sized - not the petite..

I crochet, machine knit, sew, machine embroider and love to machine embroider lace - need/want a ton of xmas ornaments?  I will make them for you - it's time consuming but I looove to make them! - and would love to swap with somone... I can also shop for you too if there is something in the US that is storebought that you would like... books, whatever.

If anyone in Japan is interested in a swap with me for one, please let me know.  I can't find one where I live - Huntsville, AL is not a big enough area to get much like that!  I keep looking in hopes that some second hand store would have one turn up but I am frustrated.  I really want to design clothes for her - and need a body - and well, head - to go with it... so a Blythe would be my dream swap - and I would keep it quiet so that you don't get hounded with requests.  I did search the toysrus site for Japan and it looks like they aren't too terribly expensive there - it's just that if you bring them over here the sellers on ebay charge a ridiculous fee for them (like 10x what they cost! sweet little deal they got going on, aye?) and then charge a ridiculous amount for shipping to boot!

Anyone?  Please?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
sbeck
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007 01:43:22 AM »

Have you found this doll yet? I just moved to Japan so I havent seen one of these dolls yet but I could definately keep an eye out for one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007 04:13:20 AM »

I am still looking for it - and I do keep trying to bid for them on ebay but keep getting outbid (and then some) each time.  I figure sooner or later I will find one that no one wants for some reason or another!

I want to say ToysRUs has them among other places - I will see what I can do with finding some actual places.

I found this list - which may or may not be helpful.  I have had a hard time trying to figure out how much they REALLY are over there.  If it is an expensive thing then I will keep working on ebay to get one that I can afford.  I got all excited - I found one that I fell in love with on Amazon.com.japan and I got bummed when I figured out that it was for the dress only!  Oh well.  I will have to make my own little poodle skirt for one when I finally get a blythe!

http://uk.geocities.com/magicknightrhiannon/where-to-buy-blythe-dolls.html

« Last Edit: August 23, 2007 05:10:35 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
sbeck
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007 11:14:29 PM »

Well I have a toys-r-us that isnt too far away from where I live and I'm almost confident I could drive there.   (Driving in Japan can be a nightmare)  Also the list you posted mentioned they have quite a few stores in shibuya-ku and one in shinjuku I was half planning to check out a fabric store in shinjuku sometime next week.  If I can find any of these stores i'll take a look to see how much the dolls are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007 03:48:45 AM »

You are awesome!  If they are expensive don't get one - if you think it is relatively reasonable, please grab one if you see it - the doll should be about 11 - 12" tall - pretty much Skipper's body with a huge horking head.  I am not sure if they are something that is so collectible that they get them, sell out and then have to wait for the next shipment to arrive or the next doll to be introduced...  it looks like the small ones (petites) are pretty easy to find - it's just the regular sized one that is mia maybe?

I hope the fabric store has some great stuff for you!  We have one by my mother in law's house that I looooove!  Whenever I go there (as long as it isn't a Sunday - yeah, living in the South there are still a TON of places that are not open on Sundays!) I go and check them out.  I am almost overdue to go... we just keep going to visit on Sundays! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Production Begins (PART 1)
Production: How to Make some Zombie Action
Production: How to Shoot Indoor Scenes
Writing the Script
Post Production: Telecine
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Pallet Shelf
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...