A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Luna Lovegood's Crocheted Cardigan Pattern from Harry Potter  (Read 154854 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , craftster_best_of_2007 , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindseyloo
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2007 08:46:29 AM »

lindseyloo, that's GORGEOUS! I'm so proud of you! wha a beautiful color, too. Can you give me any feedback on what needs to be changed in the pattern to make it a little easier to understand?

Thanks so much!  I can't really think of anything that needs changed in the pattern.  It was pretty easy to follow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sinisterbutterfli
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2007 12:16:16 PM »

Oh gosh, I can't wait to try this. I just loved Luna's clothes in the movie, especially this one.

*dashes to Hobby Lobby for yarn*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
irishfruitcake
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2007 06:00:05 AM »

you clever girl!! I rushed out and bought some fab purplish yarn and Im good to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NINcompoop
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2007 06:33:33 PM »

Ok, so here is a pic of me in my new Luna Lovegood sweater!!  I originally crocheted the pattern as written, but as you can see I'm a wee bit bigger than the average gal so I had to modify it to fit me.  If anyone wants to know how much I added let me know.  This is the very first sweater I have ever crocheted so I am thrilled!!!  The pattern was pretty easy to understand, though it took me 3 times to get the sleeves right.  THANK YOU for the pattern!  YAY!!!

One more thing, the button covers were really easy tho I broke my favorite hook making them, HA!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010 10:53:58 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

NINcompoop
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2007 07:16:25 PM »

Ooo, that looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
flushabletoilet
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2007 07:28:14 PM »

I attempted to make the cardigan, but it came out all wrong.  Undecided Your pattern was actually pretty easy to follow, chucklikesart, but I, in my infinite wisdom, was brought down by my obsessiveness.

I was looking at some HQ shots of the Thestral scene, and zoomed in to check out Luna's cardigarn, and discovered that the fishnet is also on the sides of the cardigan, and that the bottom of the cardigan looks like it is done in some kind of ribbing:

link: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/flushabletoilet/label.jpg
excuse the semi-creepy cropping... i wanted to conserve my printer ink. Smiley

So, I worked the fishnet mesh a few rows under the sleeves. My undoing was that I hadn't thought about how the fishnet mesh would make the body of the cardigan much too wide... And so I scrapped

I really shouldn't have tried to modify the pattern, since this was the very first thing I ever crocheted (learned just to crochet this!  Grin), but I was wondering if there was some way to work in the mesh without the sweater becoming too large?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkyrican
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2007 07:50:23 PM »

NINcompoop- so pretty! It looks great. I can't wait to finish mine!

I am working on this pattern and am almost finished with the yoke, I have been kind of slow on this project. Since school starts next week, I have been spending most of my free time with my boys playing outside! I do have a few hours tomorrow to work on it in the car though so hopefully I will finish soon. I am using Simply Soft Brites in the color Grape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkyrican
« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2007 07:29:49 AM »

I'm having problems with the sleeves, the middle mesh is working out fine but the ends of the sleeves are a mess. I am a little confused on how to finish these rows is the mesh supposed to be all the way to the end or do I finish it with dcs?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bobalie
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2007 07:01:37 PM »

Dragonslair,
Thank you very much for the little one's directions!!!!
Bobalie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2007 09:34:48 AM »

Dragonslair,
Thank you very much for the little one's directions!!!!
Bobalie

you are very welcome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Ways to Make School Sack Lunches More Fun
Chef Serves Next Level of Local Food
7 Delicious, Unique Waffle Recipes
Homemade Ketchup Recipe
Dorie Greenspan: Serving Innovation
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...