A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,684
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's in a perfect bag?  (Read 1942 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DsgndbyRJ
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006 08:18:34 AM »

For me I already have quite the bag collection so buying a new one has to be justified - ie: practical.  Generally I look for something that can go from work to casual - and is sturdy enough to protect my electronics - even though they're always in their respective cases, I still feel a bit uncomfortable when they're rolling around in a fabric bag . . .

I love pockets, but know they add $$$ to a purse - so that's always a toss up.  At least one inner pocket is always nice to have . . .

And I tend to use my fabric (ie: handmade) purses more in the summer when I'm not worried about snow & slush and other fun Canadian weather issues soaking them . . . so that's always something to consider as well.

And of course - there are a lot of purses out there, and just like anything else, having something really unique to yours - whether an extra something, special closure, very unique fabrics, etc - always helps! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.RJBeads.etsy.co m - beads and jewelry making supplies! **SALE ALERT**

www.designedbyrj.bl ogspot.com
Rogue Butterfly
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007 11:21:02 AM »

What I look for in a bag is at least one small pocket for cell phone, chapstick, bus fare, anything I don't want getting lost in the bottom of the main compartment.  I like pockets less than I like simple cloth deviders.  I usually have two categories of stuff in my bag, stuff that's always there (wallet, iPod, tissues, etc) and stuff I decided to haul around with me that day (novel, crafting, notepad) so even a single devider makes it easier to identify what's where.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gothmom
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007 10:08:32 PM »

My perfect bag which does not exist is this:

It is a laptop bag that is not too manly and not too girly.

It has a copious padded (really good padding) pocket for my baby laptop.

It has BIG pockets that have some kind of stretchy or velcro closure for my big ole cords. 

It has little loopy things for my pens, it has pockets for my business cards, it has spots for usb drives.

AND it has the BEST STRONGEST COMFORTABLEST Shoulder strap evar.

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ellenade
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007 06:53:16 PM »

Hi Nessa! I make my decisions based on looks mostly (I know, not the wisest approach!) and I LOVE the little details in your bags. I like knowing that I've got something unique and love catching other girls checking my bags out Tongue

Having said that, I like a bag that fits over my shoulder...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ellenade
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007 06:54:47 PM »

hey also, i LOVE your fabrics.

There also seems to be a gap in the man-bag market?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NessaGurl
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007 05:38:47 PM »

thanks ellanade and gothmom for your opinions... it really is difficult to know what everyone wants... I do agree that there is a gap in the man bag department. My hubby wants me to make laptop bags with REALLY good padding. Most of the laptop bags out there don't use really good padding, which is important when you are carrying your favorite laptop around... I'm thinking on that one. I have to get better at doing zippers... sigh...

ok... back to the sewing machine.

nessa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Potatoes Au Gratin
How To Make Turkey Stuffing
How to Make Pepper Crusted New York Steak
How to Cook White Beans
How to Make Cheese Souffle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...