A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bargain Hunter Swap Gallery~  (Read 30715 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oohmybees
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2007 08:49:48 PM »

I'm glad you like the suitcase Krazy4katz.  I am really proud of how it turned out, the lining was an adventure.  I wanted to post some more photos of it though.
Here's the before(yes it came with dust Cheesy):

Here's the front:

And the sides:

I had a great time doing this I think I will be redoing more, there are a lot of them on the yard sales around here.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010 05:14:32 AM by lapoli - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2007 10:26:55 PM »

i was carole73's first swap partner, i recieved today. (considering that monday was a holiday and there's no mail on weekends, it took about two days to get here. i was amazed, it takes an average of three weeks normally).

supplies:

felt, hufflepuff beads, black beads, and studs

other stuff:

a headband, a quebec fleur de lis keychain, iron ons, left over yarn

hair tie which i shall use for a bracelet:

toque and scarf:

i find this especially awesome, considering i hadn't really told carole73 that i wanted this. i told her about my love of toque's in general, but not this. i was actually just about to find a personal swap partner to get a red crocheted hat, and ta-dah! i got one in the mail. mind reading, if i do say so myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
coral
Yarn Rescuer!

beer gut

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2007 01:38:16 AM »

I am in love with the suitcase revamp! wowowow! (I have one of those in brown, but have never redone it, now I think I'm inspired. My aunt says those are called "train cases" hee hee, how old school!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get some yarn! Jewelry! YARN! 
www.blackcoral.etsy.com

Vintage Sewing Patterns!!
www.saltwatersupply.etsy.com
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2007 03:49:35 AM »

Is that what a train case is??  I have a friend that is dying to get one - and she checks the second hand stores and then is completely bummed out when it is musty stinky or is too expensive.  she keeps saying you know a train case - and I am like, no I don't know what is it???!!!  I see them at the second hand stores down here (which might mean they are musty stinky - down south things get musty fast if you don't have an ac unit to suck the moisture out of your house... it is just nasty.  My mother in laws house is so musty I have allergy attacks when I go there - and I can smell it on me until I get showered.... I hate going to our JC Penny because of the same thing... I think they must have flooded or something at one time considering the smell..... back to mil's house... everything that comes out of the house reeks of it too - when the boys go there overnight I have to wash everything they took.. and apparantly I am the only one who smells it.... that just can't be!  She must know it is musty - she started spritzing the boys' clothes with peppermint scent before sending it back - so now I get minty must....

train case.  Must look for a train case.
I think you have started something now!!
Oh!  I love the before shots too!  Complete with dust - how funny - and what a huuuuuuge improvement!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007 03:50:25 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
coral
Yarn Rescuer!

beer gut

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2007 09:25:17 AM »

Oh yeah.  I love my train case.  I see them once in a while at the thrift shops here, and I got one in great condition for $3.00.  It has a pop up mirror in it and a separate little snap-on pouch for makeup or whatever. I keep all my travel toiletries in it and just grab-and-go when I want to go on a trip somewhere.  And I feel so vintage when I actually take it ON THE TRAIN!  hee hee.  Sometimes I take the train from Portland to Seattle to see my sis who lives there.  It's such a relaxing 4 hour trip (lots of knitting time!), and cheap considering the price of gas these days.

That sucks about the mustyness craftydeb!  We are fortunate up here to have very low humidity but it rains a lot so anything left outside will get ruined.   

I'll have to keep that idea in mind for future swaps because everyone should have a train case!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007 09:28:39 AM by coral » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get some yarn! Jewelry! YARN! 
www.blackcoral.etsy.com

Vintage Sewing Patterns!!
www.saltwatersupply.etsy.com
dramatikz

if im just bad news, then you're a liar.

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2007 09:43:40 AM »

wow, i havent been on the site for a while...

its amazing to see what you all did in this swap.

the table and suitcase a fabulous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprinklez
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2007 02:47:42 PM »

I received from suepea just a few minutes ago and I love everything!

I'll be posting pics later today or tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krazy4katz
A Needle In A HAystack

Old....but not dead yet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2007 03:41:24 PM »

Yes.. Yeah Me!!!!!! I KNEW everyone would be so jealous of my suitcase... I am so in love with it!! This morning I packed my crochet, a book, my mini starbucks thermos of tea , a granola bar, my journal and a banana and I was as happy as a clam at high tide for two hours while C had b-ball conditioning...  I was such a divia!! 
...Korinne, now Everyone will hope to see your name as their swap partner... Yep Smiley I was one lucky girl!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sprinklez
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2007 05:58:35 PM »

The pretty basket it all came in.

Amazing cupcake pincushion and some buttons.

The inside of the basket and lime green duct tape(!)

The best hat ever. I love it. I wore it for like an hour before I realized that 100 degree weather isn't the best time for knit hats. Sigh. Only four months until winter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suepea
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2007 06:26:55 PM »

So glad you like everything Sprinklez! I had so much fun making the cupcake and hat!
Here is my shopping list. Everything came from this great little resale shop run by little old ladies. It always has the best crafting finds, like yarn and thread...This was such a fun swap. Thanks.
Green cotton yarn:2.50
brown yarn scraps: .75
white yarn scraps: 1.25
Colored pins: 1.00
red buttons: .70
Sewing box: 3.00
Apple pin: .75
=9.95
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Luchia Nanami
How to Draw Lightning McQueen
How to Draw Ikki
How to Draw Hiroshi
How to Draw Hinata Hyuga
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...