A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Binghamton anyone...anyone...anyone????  (Read 3470 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

poprock6903
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008 12:27:38 PM »

gabsmadblonde, there's a group of us that meet at B&N on the Vestal Parkway every Tuesday night for knitting/crochet/spinning, etc. around 7 pm. As far as other crafts go, I'd be willing to meet up sometime/place that's convenient for you. I saw some girls doing beadwork at Panera on the parkway a couple weeks ago, too. So there's lots of places to go, and even more if you're willing to go someplace else than the Parkway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gabsmadblonde
To any recent swap partners: I apologize immensely for slacking. I got completely bogged down in a lot of different things and decided to just flake out on my Craftster responsibilities instead of fixing my mistakes. I'm so sorry.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008 12:45:29 PM »

That's so awesome! I'll have to find out more about this beading group. Hmm. As far as crochet/etc. goes, I don't know too much about crocheting, but I've had this awesome idea for a Pink Floyd hat for my boyfriend in my head forever, and I know it shouldn't be too hard to do, I just need someone to show me how. Maybe I'll pop in and see if anyone can give me a hand? I don't have too much money to throw around, but I can repay you for your time in bracelets and shiny things! Tongue

As far as other groups go, I'm willing to go anywhere! I was thinking about maybe starting some sort of crafting club on campus (whoo alliteration!), but I guess that'd have to wait until next semester anyway. Hm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A revolution without dancing, is a revolution not worth having"
~V

Craftster: Fantastic for my soul, terrible for my wallet. ^_^;;
Support my habit: GabberwockGifts.ets y.com

I WILL PERSONAL SWAP FOR PERSONALIZED NAME KEYCHAINS! PM me for details

Anyone interested in a Binghamton, NY area
poprock6903
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008 04:08:10 PM »

Don't worry about repayment... we help each other out for free all the time! We have several expert knitters/crocheters at hand that would be more than happy to assist. Shiny things rock.

As far as the crafting club, do it! You'll probably find that there are way more crafty people around you than you previously thought... I know that at my college, the number of people that showed up for our benefit stitch-a-thon was more than I had expected.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftpossessedmom
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2009 07:06:47 PM »

Crafting in Binghamton.  I am up for it.  I am new to this site, but old to Binghamton (technically I live in JC).  I also go to BU (non-traditional student) and take care of my kids and hubby and the household and volunteer and I wish I had more time and money to craft.  Currently, I am quilting, but trying my hand at art quilts.  I can crochet and knit (very badly and only know the basics and I am left-handed).  There is a yarn shop for knitters down and across from General Hospital and there is a yarn place in Endwell/Endicott that I have yet to visit.  I have done rubberstamping, watercolor painting, beading, etc  I am all over the place and my work room looks like it.  If you like to meet on campus this Spring (09) to trade ideas or whatever, let me know.  ~Beth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ctwmn63
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009 03:02:03 PM »

I live the Endwell area and I like to crochet the most , but I was trying to learn to knit but is this a long time for me to lean this. So I go back to crochet and cross stitch and now I will be getting back into sewing as well. I work for ARC in Binghamton and I was talking to my boss and asked her that if we could get our people that we take care of make some craft for a craft fair so the public can see what our people can do. Out of 9 so to be 10 core room I had 6 core room to help make craft. I figure that some of the staff and consumer (people that we take care of) can make the different craft items and sell them. Now I have some of the staff said that to work on a Saturday for craft fair that they can't did it. It will take away their time from their family. SO we found an other place to have it. The Maine Endwell high school is having their craft fair on Nov. 8 th and we will be there with some of our people to help sell the craft there.   
i would like to get into a craft club but I work from 8am till 4:30 sometimes 5pm.  At work we have allot of staff that is very good with their hand in making craft and it doesn't have to be crochet. I do all kinds of crochet and everyone said that it great that I can do it. But I have not sell any yet. Right now at work we are making greeting cards to sell at the craft fair, we are also making pin cushion that is made out of tea cups and coffee mugs and the list goes on and on. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kitty Litter Cake Trick for Halloween
Tricks and Treats to Enjoy Halloween on a Budget
How to Carve a Pumpkin for Halloween
How a Native American Drum Is Made
Pumpkin Carving 101
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...