A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 303,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buns!  (Read 783 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: February 05, 2008 04:47:21 PM »

I finally, finally, finally got pictures of my buns back from my mum's camera, so.... Here they are!

I really love these guys. The boy is still at home with me, but the girl (who's dress I'm dreadfully proud of, however simple it is) went back to CA with my brother's girl friend (who's the sweetest thing ever).

Her paws are painted with Golden Fluid Acrylics mixed with Liquitex Fabric Medium, just like her face.

I sewed the boy's pocket on as an afterthought - but he HAD to have somewhere to keep his comic books and candy bars!

And the boy by himself:

These are made with a really basic, super geometric sort of pattern I doodled up. I wanted something that was definitively homemade-looking, super easy and quick to assemble and mega customizable. I made them kind of big, too, finding that most patterns I was getting (for free) from online sources (mostly thanks to you beautiful Craftsterees) were sort of small.

They're made of really basic muslins, so they're a little see-throughish and I wouldn't do embroidery, but I LOVE the way painting them worked, even if it was a little tricky and I should have taken more time with it.

I'm planning on making kitties and polar bears and more bunnies and squirrels and dogs and wolves and seals and monkeys and zebras and...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008 04:48:25 PM by JillBoBill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008 05:17:31 AM »

Why are the images so small? How do you guys get yours to be bigger - Photobucket?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008 07:35:20 PM »

Aw...so adorable! I love the clothes on boy bunny! The painting on face and paws are fantastic!! Wink
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008 05:20:40 AM »

Aw, thank you! XD
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008 06:28:43 AM »

I adore these, especially the boy. They really are lovely. I never ever liked rag dolls when I was little  Embarrassed But now I'm all grown up at 25  Wink I really really wish I had a rag doll type softie that I could make clothes for.

These really are lovely lovely buns.
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008 01:27:33 PM »

They're so, ridiculously super easy to make, too. Thank you!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Your Own Pirate Hat
How to Make Origami Stem
How to Create Origami Rose
How to Create an Origami Frog
How to Create Origami Boxes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...