A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,605
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: not so plain peasant top  (Read 3811 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tenille
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2007 07:13:32 AM »

That's an awsome reward. Way better than the clapping and squealing my friend does for her daughter. And they look so cute on her
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.b logspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
kcjc
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2007 07:16:07 AM »

As always, darling!

And it works out really well for me because our wee ones are about the same size!

Thanks so much for the tute - we're going on vacation soon and this is just thing thing I need!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
baby-bumblebee
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007 09:57:27 AM »

Ok so every time I see a post by you my eyes just bugout!  Shocked

I am not sure how you find the time to craft such pretty clothes for your little one. Who by the way is so pretty! I have three under six and sometimes do not get a shower until hubby gets home after 5!

I am too tired at night to do anything but sleep. But being in FL I have had many a too hot to sleep nights. Instead of laying there cussing the heat maybe I should get my butt out of bed.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my very first blog!

http://sassy-pixie.blogspot.com/
quiquesmom

I love this show

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007 10:16:53 AM »

The blouse and your daughter are adorable. Thank-you for the tute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kimberlina
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2007 10:44:58 AM »

Here's mine- the tute was pretty easy to understand, even for this amateur seamstress. 

My daughter is freaking out about the sleeves, so next time I might actually just make a button-hole in the sleeve and run ribbon through, instead of elastic.  That way I can tie a bow at whatever looseness/tightness factor she happens to require.  Roll Eyes

I did mess mine up a bit- measured the sleeve elastic an inch shorter than it is supposed to be. Other than her complaining, though, it is fine, since it is still an inch bigger than her arm measures.  (And FYI, you will all be horrified to hear that I used a rubber band as the elastic in one of the sleeves- ran out and had to finish because I am compulsive that way.)

The next one is going to be this neat bright blue fabric I have.  I'm going to cut it now before I go to work.

PS Please ignore the Medusa hair.

PS Again- Thanks so much for the tute!!!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007 10:45:43 AM by Kimberlina » THIS ROCKS   Logged
balkandina

Junk+funk+glue=Art

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2007 10:52:54 AM »

Love this, as usual! And Kimberlina-I love your innovation with the rubber band. My youngest daughter used to hate anything tight-that's a great idea for putting ribbon through!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People sometimes reproach me with having neither genius nor talent nor deep feeling, but I have a will of my own"Isadora Duncan
vegbee
Tutorial Contributor

tip-toeing though the pixels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2007 11:53:27 AM »

Thanks all!

And thanks Kimberlina for showing us!  I'm glad the tute worked for you.  Rubber band good idea!  Ribbon better idea.  Bet it would be really pretty (hmmmm, mind wanders off for mental tour of ribbon stash with a cross reference to fabric... what would go together... maybe a ribbon tie in the front also?  hmmm...)

okay, gotta go sew something...

That's an awsome reward. Way better than the clapping and squealing my friend does for her daughter. And they look so cute on her
only bad point is that she feels compelled to show me the evidence in order to claim her tat.  She will carry her little pot across the house, "see mom, I did it" instead of just dumping it.  I keep telling her she doesn't need to prove anything, but maybe she feels her integrity is on the line?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

norahkate
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2007 12:00:37 PM »

ha!  no.  They are temp tattoos, and we use them as potty rewards.  (y'all can check her potty learnin' progress over the past few weeks by looking over her tats)

But I do get asked every once in awhile if her ink is true.  (I'm not that mean!  Plus, it would definitely get weird as her skin stretched and matured  Grin)  But she likes to be like mom and dad, who both have ink.

once again i love you for not only answering my questions, but doing it so quickly so i can go home and quit obsessing over how to make this and start actually making it!

and i had to laugh, because my husband and i also are "inked" and little man loves his pretend ones.  when i am with him i hear a lot of, oh that's cute - about them.  but for some reason when jason takes him out people give nasty looks and/or comments.  lots of things about destroying his own body but leaving his child alone...

poor guy.  oh well, some people will never get it.

on the other hand, he thinks daddy's arms are the best coloring book ever!  (after one memorable afternoon i had to get some washable markers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for baby food jars (or other small jars with lids)
mystarstyle11
Undescribable

It's an obsession....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2007 12:05:53 PM »

Wow! I just saw your rainbow dress, and now this?! You're amazing! And to think you didn't even measure or anything! Too cute shirt! Once again, my little sister would love that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swaps: OPEN
My Wists
My Blog
jennette
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007 01:25:23 PM »

Adorable!  Thanks for the tute, I have some fabric that is telling me it wants to be a me-sized peasant top....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Blur The Background on an Image in Gimp
How to Make Text Effects Instantly in Gimp
How to Make Funny Cartoons with Existing Pictures
How to Make HD-Quality Videos with Camtasia Studio
How to Create Moving Text GIFs
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...