so, after seeing all these amazing recons, i decided to jump on in. i've had this fabulous vintage pillowcase lying around. only for the longest time i didn't think it was fabulous. and that's why i chopped it up first, instead of turning to my really awesome ones.
i used one of Beans' 18mo size dresses, and i hope it will fit her properly when she does get into it.
so, without further ado, i give you the dress Beans will not wear until next summer.
(i'm still trying to find my red ribbon. what i have in the shoulders is too thick for the sides. and i also need buttons on the back, and a decorative button or 5 on the front. minor finishing details that i'll do on her next nap.)
i'm kinda retarded sometimes when it comes to being so anal about details. i wanted ribbon to support the button holes.
after sewing the skirt into the bodice, i encased the top half of the seam in bias tape. because even though my stitches are crooked, they'll be crooked and covered in bias tape, dang it.
i'm also proud to say, that even though the pictures are deceiving, i sewed a nice even circle when i joined the top and bottom. for once in my life.
Edit: still can't find the ribbon. but i stuck the baby in it anyway