A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gifts for Four People.  (Read 509 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

groundedpidgeon
« on: July 16, 2007 08:10:07 PM »

Hi. So, October is a pretty busy month for me, in terms of birthdays. I know, I know, it's a couple months away, but I really want to do something special for all of them, and I want to make sure I've got enough time to do so.

First, there's my boyfriend's on  October 3rd.
He's the sweetest most amazing guy in the entire world. (Okay, I'm sure most girl's think that about their guy, but he really is, I swear Grin ) And he's kind of a goofball, but he's a cute, sweet, romantic goofball. We've been together since April.
His favorite color is blue. He's really tall and skinny. He doesn't wear jewelry. And his favorite kind of flowers are roses.
He likes music. He's almost always listening to his ipod unless he's talking to somebody. He mostly likes rock, j-rock, and some R&B-ish stuff.
He's always carrying around a hacky sack, but I'd rather not get him a hacky sack, seeing as the one he uses now is the one I made him.
He's definitely an anime nerd. I'd list his favorites, but he's got about a billion. Tongue
He spends a loooot of time at the arcade playing DDR. He's amazing at it, but I can't really think of a whole lot of DDR related things to give him.
He likes videogames, but I'm not really sure which ones he plays. I know he likes Halo and other shoot shoot kill kill kinda games.
He likes drawing, and he's kind of teaching himself to play the guitar, but I don't know how serious he is about it.
The only thing I've made him in the past is a couple of hacky sacks, so I don't think I want to do any kind of hugely elaborate mushy gift. I want to ease him into the whole crafted gift thing.

Next is my best friend, on October 18.
She's the sweetest girl I know.
She's very stylish and pretty trendy. Very Christian. Very girly. Likes driving a whole lot. Likes photography. Plays softball. Likes pretty much any kind of music.
 She'll be turning 17. Not really sure what other info to give about her. Last year for her birthday, I crocheted her a blanket and matching scarf.

Next is my brother on October 21.
We don't always get along the greatest, but he's a really awesome guy.
Very into music. Especially the kinda indie/unknown stuff.
Likes anime quite a bit.
Likes computers. Especially his laptop.
He's leaving for college at the end of the summer, so this may have to be something I can send to him. Or else wait to give it to him until the next time I'd see him (probably Thanksgiving or Christmas)

Last, but definitely not least, my mom on November 1st (ok, not October, but close enough)
She's the most amazing woman I know. She's my hero.
She's super crafty. She's always doing things for other people, and not nearly enough for herself.
She's not very girly. Her favorite color is red. She's lost a lot of weight in the last year or so, and I'd kind of like to maybe give her some new clothes, since she's still wearing the same big ol' t-shirts she used to wear. But she's not really the type to wear any kind of clothes that aren't old and worn. I think they make her feel like she can't play around because she doesn't want to get them dirty. I'm thinking I might have part of her gift be a gift card for a clothing store or something? I'm not really sure though.

Any suggestions would be absolutely amazing. Thanks. And my apologies for such a loooong post. Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007 09:36:36 AM »

heya, I'm planning for my friends' bdays as well ^^ 'cause i don't want to procrastinate and then end up crafting the night before a huge test or something Tongue

for your bf - my cousin digs DDR as well so I'm getting a t-shirt in a colour he likes and then printing arrows vertically down on it. The arrows will probably be his favorite move or something funky like that.
Since he also adores his ipod, you could make him an ipod case or something. To decorate it, you could embroider the name of his favorite anime series (it might look cooler if it was done in the native language like japanese or something)

for your best friend - since she's trendy and girly, you could get/make her accessories. Things like belts (i'm sure there's tutorials around here...) wallets (definitely tutorials for these), and if you feel up to it, crochet/sew a purse. The fat bottom bag is a relatively easy to crochet bag Smiley

Your bro - a laptop sleeve? again the idea of embellishing it with text or a simple character from his favorite anime series ^^

Your mom (has the same bday as my bro Tongue) - definitely a card or something to convey your awesome thoughts about her being your hero ^^ hmmm, playing with the clothing idea...you could mix and match an outfit for her - there are tutorials here for resizing t-shirts and making your own clothing from regular household items (like pillow cases) This might encourage her to wear them since they won't be shiny and new. but they'll still fit her and probably look better on her than the oversized things Smiley

hope that helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
groundedpidgeon
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007 04:36:02 PM »

Thanks Ninjanator. Those are some really good ideas  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Stencil in Photoshop
How to Remove Redeye in Photoshop
How to Use IPhoto
How to Design Anime Bodies
How to Illustrate Anime Mouths
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...