A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Heroes: The Board Game **Added Game Rules and Card Pics to make your own!**  (Read 18511 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007 , heroes , tv , toys_challenge_3_life_is_a_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 15, 2007 03:47:02 PM »

Been waiting until the last second to put this up because it was in a package on the way to Xiexie11, but as far as I can tell it's been delivered....

So....Here it is!  The ORIGINAL HEROES BOARD GAME!

This won't make a bunch of sense or be that interesting to those of you who aren't big Heroes fans but I think it's great!  This is made from an old game box and board that I found at a thrift store.  Recovered, painted, modge podge, whatever I had to do!  My guy even made me make another for us, he thought it was that neat!

Box   (in Heroes font)

Board  
--the eclipse is a big thing in Heroes as well as the DNA symbol down the center.
--There are "action" cards where it tells you to do something, and "hero" cards that you try to collect.  You can see some of each type spread under the piles.

Pawns (polyclay, and a "Sylar"--the bad guy-- piece in black)

Here is what the board looked like in a game

Here is the game in the Planning Stage

Hope she likes it as much as I do!  Thanks for looking!!

EDIT TO ADD:
If anyone wants to make their own game, please feel free to do so!  I do ask that you post a picture so I can see all the fun too!  Smiley

Peter Play Cards:  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Patty_O_Furniture/Swaps/Petrelli.jpg
Hero Cards:  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Patty_O_Furniture/Swaps/FrontCardsHeroes.jpg
Action Cards 1:  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Patty_O_Furniture/Swaps/FrontCards1.jpg
Action Cards 2: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Patty_O_Furniture/Swaps/FrontCards2.jpg
Action Cards 3: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Patty_O_Furniture/Swaps/FrontCards3.jpg
Action Cards 4: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Patty_O_Furniture/Swaps/FrontCards4.jpg
Action Cards 5: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/Patty_O_Furniture/Swaps/FrontCards5.jpg

HEROES: THE BOARD GAME RULES

Objective
You are Peter Petrelli.  Wander around the board trying to land on as many Heroes spaces as possible and learn the other Heroes powers.  Use the powers to defeat Sylar.

Equipment
The equipment consists of a board, 12 sided dice, 4 player tokens, Sylar token, Heroes Cards, and Action Cards.

Preparation
Place board on a table and retrieve all Peter cards and the Claire Card.  Place the Claire Card on the Claire Box.  Pick out a 1-12 Hero Cards Set for each player.  Then mix the Heroes Card Sets together and place them face down (on the board or off to the side).  Mix the Action Cards and place them face down (on the board or off to the side).  Each player chooses a Peter color and matching Pawn, and places that Pawn wherever theyd like in the outer circle.  Place the Sylar Pawn on Sylar Start.  Each player rolls the dice and the highest plays first.

The Play
Roll the dice.  Go as many spaces in any direction.  If you land on a Heroes space or Action Card Space collect that card.  If you roll a 12 you may play another turn.

Notes:
Two or more players may be on the same space.
You may not be on the same space as Sylar.  (not allowed to jump)
You must play one turn before returning to a square.
If you run out of Action Cards, shuffle the discards and use them.
You may have more than one of the same Hero Cards.  Save it or Trade it with another
     player.  You can not trade with the deck.

Hero Cards/Spaces
(Spaces shown by a letter H)
If you land on one of these spaces choose the top Hero Card.  You may have more than one of the same Hero Card.  

Some Hero Cards will save you from a bad Action Card.  For example if you choose an Action Card that says, Save Card Hiro and you have Hiro, you do not have to follow what is on that card.

Action Cards/Spaces
(Spaces shown by the DNA Symbol)
If you land on one of these spaces choose the top Action Card and do what it says.

Hiro Transport Spaces (Shown by a Clock)
If you land on one of these spaces find another Transport Space, go there, and play another turn.  For the inside (the DNA path) Transport Spaces you do not need to play them on an exact roll of the dice.  For the outside Transport Spaces you must play them with an exact roll.

Sylar
Each Round (player one, other players, back to player one) Sylar moves 1 Space towards the Fight Space.  When Sylar reaches the Fight Space, the game is over.  

Claire
After you collect at least one hero card you can roll and move to Claires Box (does not need to be an exact roll) and can try to save her.  Roll the dice, if you roll an Even number, she is saved and you can collect her card.  If you roll an odd, you need to play to the outside circle before you can try to save her again.  

Claire saves you from Action Cards (like Hero Cards), and will also give you another chance with Sylar.

Finishing the Game
When Sylar reaches the Fight Square the game is over, OR when someone has all 12 Hero cards, OR at a Players Choice.  

Sylar End
The Fight starts with the player who has the least amount of Hero Cards.  That player rolls the dice.  If he/she has the corresponding Hero Card (number in corner) he/she wins.  If the number is not a Hero Card that person has he/she loses.  This goes on to the next player, and the next, until someone has the Hero Card number rolled.  (Remember the player with Claire may roll a second time if needed).  If all players have rolled and lost Sylar wins the game.

If two people have the same amount of hero cards, if one has Claire, they go first.  If neither has Claire then roll the dice and the person with the highest roll goes first.

12 Card End
The person with all Hero Cards (1-12) automatically wins!

Player Choice (this option may be left out)
A person is allowed to use their turn to fight Sylar whenever they choose.  Just announce at the beginning of your turn that you would like to do so.  Then do the same as finishing the game, roll the dice, if you have the Hero you win.  If you lose then you are out of the rest of the game (you lost your brain).  Claire is a good card to have if you choose this option, because you can try again, or  you may decide to wait until later to try again.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012 07:53:43 PM by patty_o_furniture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anniekate
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007 03:50:26 PM »

Awesome! How do you play? What do the cards tell you to do, etc?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MrsGraves
Proud Army Wife!

Yee-Haw!

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007 03:51:24 PM »

Oh my gosh my Hubbles would go crazy after that!  I'd like to know the rules as well! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap anything crocheted for a Poppet!

My Blog:  www.livejournal.com/users/MamaCatCrochet
My Wist:  www.wists.com/MrsGraves
RevvX
The Tiny Metal Viking Lass

Braaaiiinnsss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007 04:17:02 PM »

Oh my god!!! The Sylar piece even has the little hat!  This is amazing.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Plundering, pillaging, and being generally badass since 1000 A.D.
spaceXbunny
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007 04:27:37 PM »

wow that's very awesome. i like how you have their faces on the cards!  Smiley i want to play!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wonderful etsy shop - http://www.spacexbunny.etsy.com
CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007 04:42:36 PM »

That is so cool!  Great job  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007 04:58:00 PM »

I don't know much about Heroes (I missed the first few, so I refused to start watching it because I missed some), but I think your game looks really great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
Tygir

I am a leaf on the wind

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007 05:35:35 PM »

wow that's very awesome. i like how you have their faces on the cards!  Smiley i want to play!!

I want to play too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007 05:51:47 PM »

Added abridged rules  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007 07:44:33 PM »

WOW this is so cool! LOVE it! My DH would go crazy for this too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sugar-Roasted Plum Recipes
Light Mini Donut Recipe
How to Make Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pudding
Raw Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Magnolia Bakery Strikes Balance Between Sweet and Smart
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...