A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,066
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Contemporary Fall Wedding - Professional photos finally added!  (Read 13356 times)
Tags for this thread: fall  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

theartofmegan
Tutorial Contributor

One Crafty Wife Lady

Cr4ftN3rd. <3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 14, 2007 07:53:45 PM »

My fiance and I are not of the traditional wedding variety.  We are very excited to be able to showcase this in a cool way, and are taking our wedding into our own hands.

We have a relatively small budget, but so far I think we're doing our best to maximize it!  I am a very crafty girl, thankfully, and have had no problem overdoing it with craft projects over the last several months!  I hear the sanity returns eventually, right?  Also, I am a big believer in minimizing the ecological impact I make, and I'm going to make sure that we do our best to make an effort to do so.  So wherever the greener option may be, I'll be taking it.

Anywho, here's a preview of some of the crafts that are finally starting to come together:

Here are the earrings I will be wearing with my dress.  Antiqued copper and peridot.

We're having an evening ceremony, so I poured approximately 100 soy tealights for use in all the pretty glass holders I've purchased previously used. 

My fiance and I spent a few evenings making our own paper from recycled office paper, construction paper for color, and petals from a bouquet of roses and tulips he gave me for Valentine's Day this year.  Our guests are RSVP'ing on our own personal website, hosted by FI and made pretty by yours truly.  Unfortunately, I have no photos of the inside of the invite, but they are vellum with corners punched and embossed, with two copper eyelets holding the paper to the back.  I just love it.

And just for sport, an eery infrared-filtered photo of me working on my bouquet, which is made from origami lilies, Martha-style tissue flowers, and a few pieces of harvest-y fillers.

Here's some of the new pictures I have to share, as of 7 weeks to the wedding.

These are the origami flowers that will be divided between the tables, with some additional fillers, in thrifted glass vases, hopefully in green and brown.

Here's the bouquet!!

And, a close-up to show some of the details.  There are origami lillies,  crochetted flowers, tissue paper flowers with beaded centers, and copper wrapped ting ting, as well as a fluffy green and ivory grain stems as fillers.

More again soon!

Sept 4, 2008 Update
So, I finally got the professional photos from my wedding in digital form!  How exciting!  Now I get to smear them all over the internet, like so:

Pre-wedding makeup

My mom helping me with my necklace

My dad giving me away, and Mark and his father, who is a pastor and officiated our ceremony.

The ceremony, where you can see my bouquet, my crochet flower pompom markers on the ends of the first row, and the archway that my brother and mom decorated for us... stay tuned for funny archway story...

So, everyone bowed their heads in prayer, and I like to think that God made himself known at that moment!  Because as we were doing so, look where our archway ended up!  I'm not really crying here, i'm just trying not to laugh hysterically and was tearing up as a result of that and the wind.

Newlyweds!

Obligatory ring/bouquet shot

Let's eat!  My husband and I and our friends and family prepared all the food ourselves, and my best friend spent hours wrapping those monogrammed napkins!

My amazingly beautiful cakes!  My mother in law ordered them for us with just the ivory and light sage fondant.  My friends, sister in law, and brother's girlfriend all helped me make the flowers and the leaves for the top of the cake.  Aren't they pretty?  Gum paste is fun stuff!  Mmm, sugar clay.

We look like we're getting tired of smiling here.

Look, look, real proof that my husband and I actually DANCED together!  Wee!

And another dancing shot, since it never happens.  Plus, you can see my decorations floating above.  The camera didn't pick up the glow, but all the paper lanterns were lit with battery operated LED light packs.

Cheers, thanks for looking!!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008 10:07:15 AM by theartofmegan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Art, Crafts, Fashion, Love.
http://www.theartofmegan.com

Visit my Etsy Stores!

The Art of Megan
Handmade, Vintage, and Recycled Craft Supplies at http://theartofmegan.etsy.com

HomeGrown Fashion
Unique, down-to-earth fashion, accessories, and home decor
http://homegrownfashion.etsy.com
kles879
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007 08:00:23 PM »

Wow its all so lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't give a damn for a man that can only spell a word one way." Mark Twain
octipii
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007 08:10:58 PM »

love the earrings
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The aurors are part of the Rotfang conspiracy... they're working to bring down the ministry with a combination of dark magic and gum disease..." -Luna

small wist: http://www.wists.com/octipii
*MAR*
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007 08:28:25 PM »

Fantastic colours, looks like a Frango mint. Hmm, I'm hungry now. Kudos for pouring all those candles! That is a great feat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishhead
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007 09:21:33 AM »

very cool! when do we get to see the bouqet? it sounds awsome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
theartofmegan
Tutorial Contributor

One Crafty Wife Lady

Cr4ftN3rd. <3

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007 10:28:30 PM »

Just added bouquet and flower photos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy Stores!

The Art of Megan

HomeGrown Fashion
EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007 05:28:09 AM »

Wow, that bouquet is stunning! I love the invitations too!! Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
byonic_girl

Tohnia & Mike [1/27/2008]

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007 10:35:33 AM »

Lovely!  I have TONS of those flowers lying around my house (I went through a HUGE origami flower phase when I was younger!) and that bouquet would be perfect for a gift!  I love what you've done for your wedding so far, and KUDOS on pouring all those candles!  I also love your earrings!  May you and your fiance be blessed with every happiness! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anxiety is the maiden hand of creativity - T.S. Eliot
theartofmegan
Tutorial Contributor

One Crafty Wife Lady

Cr4ftN3rd. <3

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007 11:05:16 AM »

I figured it might be helpful to explain the origami flowers a bit to you guys, because it's actually a pretty special thing for us!

Valentines day rolled around 6 years ago, and my darling fiance currently had been unemployed since the november before that.  Our relationship was new and cute still (we're actually still grossly adorable) and he thought and thought about the options he had for a gift that would be meaningful but very very cheap! 

He made me a whole bunch of little origami critters, and two lovely little flowers.  Over the years, the critters have been lost.  First the penguin, then the kitties one by one, then the box they lived in.  However, I've always managed to hang onto the flowers, and they've moved with me six times now!

When we started realizing that due to our budget being rather low for our wedding, we'd have to either have no flowers, or very very few, we started thinking about different options for centerpieces and the like.  That's when the fiance suggested the origami flowers!  I just loved it because it was so cute and sentimental, and he agreed to fold them with me!

So there you have it, we have about 170 flowers that we've folded between the two of us for my bouquet and wedding directions, and it only cost us about 75 dollars for all the supplies!  Sure beats spending half my budget on flowers, and I love it better than I'd ever thought!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy Stores!

The Art of Megan

HomeGrown Fashion
Melziebabee

"A Lifestyle is a terrible thing to waste"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007 07:36:53 AM »

I absolutely adore your boquet.  I definitely need to start working on my crafting skills!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A lifestyle is a terrible thing to waste"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Candy Bouquet With Dylan Lauren
How to Make Festive Halloween Decorations
How to Dye Fabrics at Home
How to Make a Wedding Pomander
How to Make Edible Halloween Decor
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...