A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cherry Blossom Apron  (Read 1396 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

poprock6903
« on: July 14, 2007 07:12:01 PM »

I think this is the right place to post an apron... if nothing else, it protects your clothing. I made this out of some fabric I found at Jo-Ann Fabrics, after seeing the fabric used by another craftster for a purse. I used this pattern from about.com, http://sewing.about.com/od/aprons/ss/oneyardapron.htm

Without further ado, here are the photos!

While it's not my best sewing job, it'll serve its purpose. I haven't sewn anything substantial in a while, but since this turned out decently, I'm gonna keep at it.

The apron on the recliner... just to give you an idea of the impressive wingspan.

Closeup of the pockets... I am in love with zig-zag stitch, and wish I'd used it for the rest of the pockets/apron because it's that awesome. I placed these closer together, because the way the pattern has you place them, they look really odd. You might even be able to just do one larger piece of fabric and sew it up the middle to make the pocket. I didn't do that because I didn't think of it until I was placing the pockets. I think they kind of look like a butt, but it's ok, because it's kind of funny.

Just wanted to share my work, let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009 08:00:30 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue. - don't mind me! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

quitelovely

Pancakes anyone?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007 08:35:51 PM »

i love the fabric you used...and i love aprons(very handy item)...so the two together are awesome Smiley
well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Compassion: my twisted weakness, my downfall, the illness to which so many others have become immune.
saramoo
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007 12:45:29 PM »

I really need to make an apron, they are so practical.  I like your choice of fabric and pockets
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poprock6903
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007 03:40:27 PM »

i love the fabric you used...and i love aprons(very handy item)...so the two together are awesome Smiley
well done!
I really need to make an apron, they are so practical.  I like your choice of fabric and pockets

Thank you both! I am in love with cherry blossoms, so this was pretty fitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor
Trim the Tree: Crafty Ornaments for the Holiday Season

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...