A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,067
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~Olive Oyl's funeral~ Another hott pencil skirt. - Tutorial  (Read 88345 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2004 02:58:02 AM »

So somebody said something in my hors d'eouvres skirt topic ( http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=17766.0 )that sparked an idea. The idea quickly became a plan, which resulted in another pencil skirt. I cannot even begin to express how much I love pencil skirts. They're so.....executive sex. Just my style  Grin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/juniperl13/spotted1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/juniperl13/spotted2.jpg

Technical details: 12 panels (6 narrow spotted stretchy ones, 6 wide black poplin), red satin stitch on either side of every spotted panel, back lacing through ribbon loops, hem lace. It fastens with a red side zip and red button. This would probably fit an XL best. I'm a M-L and the lacing is a bit too tightened for my taste to make it fit me. Waist is just overedged, folded in, pressed, and straight stitched.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007 06:11:09 AM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
squirrellypoo

Sew sew sew scandalous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004 04:08:08 AM »

wow! that looks like something straight out of the film Secretary! SEXY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fehr Trade - custom clothing
leentje
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004 04:28:41 AM »

lovely lovely lovely!! And nice shape too! Can you post a pic of the zipper if there is any in it? I love to make skirts, but I hate putting in zippers.. I'm just so bad at it.. Did you post a pattern of the panels in the other post? I'll take a quick peek! x L
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.:popsi:.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004 05:42:48 AM »

that is so hot - definitely secretary chic. everytime i look at your work i'm wondering if you can beat your last effort - and you do!  fabulous skirt ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
homegirleh

this is not a llamatization!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004 05:56:20 AM »

wow! this and your other skirt (hors d'ouvres) are both SO classy and fabulous-- like everyone has said! soo...how much are you thinking of selling it for? -wink wink-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004 04:31:40 PM »

okay, here's how i mapped out the pieces. the piece on the right is however wide you want the skinny panels to be (mine are 2") and the length of your skirt. I had 6 of those skinny panels, so 6 x 2" = 12". Subtract that 12" from your hip and waist (hipbones. whatever) measurements. I ended up with 22.5" and 27", respectively. Divide each of those by the number of wide curvy panels you want the skirt to have. So 22.5" / 6 = 3.75" and 27" / 6 = 4.5". Line A on the left piece is your divided waist (high hip) measurement, line B is your divided hip measurement. Line C was determined by holding my knees apart a comfortable distance, measuring around them, and doing the same subtracting and dividing that was done to get lines A and B. Line D is the final hem circumference after the math. Add a half inch seam allowance and a one inch hem allowance to both pieces.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2009 05:24:40 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

weaselfeet
Wretched arthritis seems to be starting - unless you can get carpal tunnel symptoms in your fingers.

Can I PLEASE take it with me?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004 05:35:54 PM »

wow! that looks like something straight out of the film Secretary! SEXY!

I love that movie...and that whole scene at the end of her hunger strike is so romantic. Kinky, but romantic...with him giving her the spongebath and then laying her in the grass-bed...that was awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the fight between you and the world, back the world. ~ Frank Zappa

How can I phrase this diplomatically without a lawsuit coming... ah screw it. ~Stein
Krysta
Livin' In Wonderland...

'yo sup dawg?'

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2004 06:00:49 PM »

Oh wow, that is so awesome. My mom and I were just talking about making a skirt like that for me and my sister to share. Wonderful! I love the red, black and white polka dot combo. -thumbs up-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be what you would seem to be - or, if you'd like it put more simply - never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
duckiedarling
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2004 06:10:43 PM »

That is a gorgeous skirt! Sexy and sophisticated. Love the Macbeth title, too! Definitely my favorite Shakespeare play. Well, that and A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Off topic. Anyway, good job! You should make quite a bit off that skirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2004 11:57:41 PM »

You'd never guess this *cough*, but Secretary is my favourite movie. Mainstream romances are just too saccharine for me. Besides, I'm secretly a masochist. It appeals to me on a very personal level.

That being said, I wish I had the slightest idea how to make sexy blouses as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Peter Ames Carlin on His New Bruce Springsteen Biography
BeBe Winans on His Book The Whitney I Knew
Eben Alexander Discusses His "Journey Into the Afterlife"
"CHEAT: A Man’s Guide to Infidelity" Infomercial
Annie Lederman Interviews Joe DeRosa on Cheat
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...