A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Minneapolis Craft Group starting soon and looking for space to have?????  (Read 2498 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annrocks
CRAFTY LADY!

MN girl obsessed with thrifting.

View Profile WWW
« on: July 13, 2007 11:23:44 PM »

Hello Crafty people
I just moved here from Atlanta Ga and I had a group there called the crafty pirates. We met 2 days a month and made all kinds of fun things at my house. I am in MPLS now and want to start the group here because I am itching to craft again and also make good crafty friends like I did in Atlanta. Problem is I do not have a big place yet, working on that. Anyone out there know of a good place we can craft? Possibly a coffee shop that is not that busy at night?
Please email me if you are intersted.
Check out www.myspace.com/thecraftypirates
I will be continuing to post on there with more information. It is a FREE group unless there are special supplies to get. Everyone is welcome. New to crafting old to crafting you are welcome!
I am excited to get this going again.
Ann
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annrocks
pumpkingirl
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007 07:57:20 PM »

Crafty Planet http://www.craftyplanet.com/mtarchives/000012.html has a craft n chat night the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, if you could be swayed into joining an established group (not that the same people go all the time...). It's in Northeast Minneapolis if you haven't checked it out yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
annrocks
CRAFTY LADY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007 08:18:59 PM »

I love Crafty Planet. I have not been there yet and need to check it out. I work that night most of the time which is the bummer.
Thankx
Ann
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annrocks
sheepncaffiene
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007 03:32:29 PM »

I have been watching this space, a little bit lately, since I don't nearly get enough crafty-group time so I'm racking my brain trying to think of a good spot to meet! : ) There are tons of good coffee shops but when it gets cold the space needed for crafting may be at a premium.
Have you thought about a more "open " indoor space such as the Midtown Global Market? There are tons of little shops but maybe it's possible to corral an open space for a meeting.(There's big chunks of space in between the market stalls, and lots of tables and chairs.) Cons: parking, and also there's not a lot going on after 8 pm(no late night stuff).But I know there has been an interest in making the market area more interactive, and less food-court like. I am also a little bit biased, I live close enough to bike there most days- many groups I would love to be a part of, but I would need to car pool with someone.
My only other suggestion would be the Seward Pizza Luce- but that would totally be dependent on time of day,and if you like pizza!Well, anyway, much luck and I'll continue to lurk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamaggb
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007 09:52:22 PM »

They don't serve coffee, but have you looked into reserving space at a local parks and rec building?  Not sure if this would work or if it costs $$, but might be a thought. 

Another thought is Clickety Sticks on 50th St has space where they offer classes, maybe they would be open to hosting a group?  Same with Wonderment in Linden Hills. 

What part of mpls are you thinking about?  I can think of several little neighborhood coffee shops in the Nokomis/Longfellow neighborhoods, but I'm not how much space you're really thinking about needing. 

That's all I can come up with on top of my head, but I'll think about it some more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruggedchick
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007 07:12:29 PM »

I just added you as a friend to my Myspace page. (I'm Madelyn.)

I love this idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
burlygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007 11:37:27 AM »

I know in St. Paul it's very cheap or even free to reserve community meeting rooms in the public library. Maybe in Minneapolis too? I'd also be interested in joining in on the fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beelisty
bitchin' stitcher

* <3 *

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007 11:02:03 AM »

i would also be very interested in a group like this, but i'm new to the area and don't have much in the way of a suggestion of a location...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I make my portrait patterns using PC Stitch.

let me listen to me & not to them.--gertrude stein

gallery: http://www.beelisty.com
blog: http://beelisty.wodpress.com
group blog: http://queercraft.wordpress.com
shop: http://epeolatry.etsy.com
annrocks
CRAFTY LADY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007 08:28:37 PM »

Finally
I have a big space to have the group. I would like to know who is interested. It will be in NE Mpls and will be free except for supplies and I would love to have it be a potluck.
Please email me for more info
www.myspace.com/thecraftypirates
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annrocks
elizalou
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007 08:24:04 PM »

Hi there.  Just checking in to see if this group was still meeting.  I went to the MySpace page but didn't see any updates.  I'd love to get involved in a group (of course that would mean actually thinking a project through from start to finish)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smokey Eye Cat Makeup and Hair Tutorial
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredients TEA, DEA, MEA
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredient DMDM Hydantoin
How to Curl Hair With a Can
Tips on Using a Hair Straightener Flat Iron
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...