A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,117
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My visual journal: New Page Sept 21!  (Read 20616 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007 , visual_journal , journal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007 10:38:05 AM »

Your journal's beautiful, just like your ATCs! That's great and the post-it idea was smart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007 11:17:04 AM »

Thanks WIPs!  I really appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bottledupideas
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007 12:03:33 PM »

I love this!! The idea is so cool! I may try something similar as a journal while my hubby is deployed! Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brittknits
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007 02:24:26 PM »

Those are fantastic ideas!  You've really inspired me with the calendar journal.  I have had the same issue in the past, but this looks like something very worthwhile and fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftHarmony
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2007 07:41:14 AM »

Okay so I don't want to pester you but no one else wants to answer my questions on the general discussion board. What is visual journal?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_______
Tori

"Just because you are an idiot, doesn't mean you have to act like one."- October Road

ljharmony.livejournal.com
darkladymajesta
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2007 08:58:05 AM »

Okay so I don't want to pester you but no one else wants to answer my questions on the general discussion board. What is visual journal?

A visual journal is similar to regular journals but, instead of using words you paint, draw, collage whatever you want in way of pictures to describe events. Somtimes there is a combination of words and pictures. If you just google it you will find many great examples and lots of fun tutorials. I haven't craftster searched it yet, but I am sure you will find some good threads here to.

Anywho, I love this idea! I find a large page daunting to create in. I used to keep journals but have since stopped. I think a little square would be a perfect idea.

I do like your idea of an index. If you look closely at some of the older pages on the flickr link you sent us you will see how that artist solved the problem of knowing where the calendar was. Index tabs, I have used them for a number of things other than making index, but the easily viewable tabs are more to my liking. If you search "Avery Index Tabs" at amazon or any office supply store you will find what I am talking about. They do sell colorful ones as well as white. And all come with some paper that fits inside so you can label. Avery's are my favorite while post-it and other companies also make them too. I just found that those stick the best (also an organization freak here Wink)

As I already said, lovely journal. I believe you have set many journals into motion. I cant wait to see more of these coming XD

Edited to add: sorry about the super long post... I just woke up Wink
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007 09:03:34 AM by darkladymajesta » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2007 09:18:54 AM »

Darkladymajesta nailed it -- a visual journal is a journal that combines visual elements in the journal format.  It's a very loose term, and covers things like sketchbooks, personal journals like mine that are wordy with some visual stuff, and journals that are works of art in and of themselves.

I don't like index tabs because I find they get bent or broken off.  For me, it's enough to have a list in the back of things I'm likely to look for again.  But I bet the index tabs would look really cool!  Smiley

I'm glad that people have found the calendar page inspirational.  It's been really wonderful for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shae16
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2007 09:24:55 AM »

I love this visual journal thing!!  I kept a journal through Jr high and high school and then I quit!!  I have 2 little girls, and I think this would be a great way to document little things they do, and that I do, for them to look back on when they get older.  I was lucky enough to inherit all of my grandma's journals when she passed on, I like to look at them. It really is special to see what she was thinking on any particular day, I really should do the same for my future generations... Thanks for sharing the inspiration
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sayomi
D-I-Y Designettes of Metrowest Massachusetts

Make tea, not war.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2007 10:39:18 AM »

I love what you've done with the idea, your pages are lovely, I'd sneak a pick at your diary for sure!! LOL Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dazee
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2007 11:09:24 AM »

Thats so awesome! I was looking for an idea to use for school this year to get my daughter to journal (I homeschool) I think we will give this a shot she loves crafty things.

Thanks!
Kym
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Blessed and Free
www.dazeesworld.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Farm by Tom Rob Smith Book Trailer
How to Get a Free EBook?
Claire Legrand: What Are You Reading?
Crystal Chan: What Are You Reading?
The Frackers: Wildcatters Who Made It Big
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...