A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New spice, umm rack, err holders, um spice container solution???  (Read 76604 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project , spice_rack  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

moefen
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2005 07:25:08 PM »

Rylizbeth: yeah those ones are basically the same as I bought, but I did get larger ones.  They weren't that expensive... I think the set of 12 was about $13 Canadian.

Update:  I have just gone and bought 1/4 inch Earth magnets from Lee Valley, to replace the cut strip magnets that we put on the back.  I need to get some epoxy to cement them on, as the glue I had wasn't strong enough.  The magnets are super strong - they won't be the weak link anymore, but as a humourous extra, with one small 1/4 inch magnet on the back, they tend to spin around if you touch them...

Have had the spices up for about 3 months now, and have had very few casualties.  The lids do not screw on, but they don't fall off by themselves.

Moira
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ambyreskye
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2005 12:05:36 AM »

Those are awesome!  What a great idea.  I was in the craft store in town (not a chain unfortunately) and I saw some of those with the magnets already attached.  They were for keeping beads and pins in.  I would have never thought to do something so creative with them! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2005 01:54:00 AM »

that is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

andrenna

sleep a little more if you want to

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2005 07:01:11 PM »

rad! i ordered some tins & magnets from lee valley. i'm excited to get them & make my own. i'm going to stick them on this magnetic bar (link below) from ikea instead of putting them on the fridge, because i have one already hanging in my kitchen. thanks for the idea!

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&langId=-1&productId=43302
THIS ROCKS   Logged
khya
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2005 04:41:26 AM »

That is a very clever and decorative idea!

Khya
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2005 08:33:30 AM »

Ah!  I just saw the same concept...for $96.00!!  It only contains 12 containers... LOL...  Thank goodness for crafts!
http://www.wishingfish.com/spiceracks.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andrenna

sleep a little more if you want to

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2005 11:52:34 AM »

whoa! i hadn't seen that before (even though i do <3 wishingfish). anyhow, my spice rack looks very similar to those, and it has 10 canisters. i am thinking of putting another row right below the first one... but i'm not sure if i will yet. i might use them for something else. i really like the way these look in my kitchen! (i hope these photos aren't too small- i just used the thumbnails.)

on the wall in my kitchen:

and a closeup:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crvgrl
Mother with Attutide

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2005 09:23:25 PM »

If you want to add a little color to your life, Science Surplus has them in colors...http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm?terms=8159&cartLogFrom=Search%20%2D%20Category%20Filter

~bobbi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marmalade bombs

professional heartbreakers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2005 12:04:58 PM »

i did something very similar to this after i got the idea from readymade magazine but hated how they used glass tubes. but i have a fridge covered in crap so i removed the ugly plastic backsplash from the wall over my stove and replaced it with metal flashing i got at home depot and presto! something magnetic, stylish, and handy to the area where i'll be cooking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LONG LIVE NANNY B.!

i heart myspace!
http://www.myspace.com/fizz_fizz_bang

i sew, make collages, make mix cds, make home improvements, latch hook, make jewelry, paint, and am in school for interior design. i wanna learn how to knit!
sloppycraftster
Want a Mac Desktop Icon of Your Own Dog?

i AM smiling.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2005 01:56:10 AM »

i caught this thread a little late. anyway! i still wanted to tell you that i love love love your solution to a spice space issue. it's so fun looking! well, you've found your stronger magnets but i also found another site that sells what they claim to be the WORLD'S STRONGEST MAGNETS. heehee i think that's quite a claim! here's the link: http://www.wondermagnets.com/cgi-bin/edatcat/WMSstore.pl?user_action=list&category=Magnets_and_Magnetism

thanks so much for posting your beautiful creation.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Plait Classic Pigtails
How to Shampoo Your Hair
How to Style Punk Hair
How to Style Emo Hair
How to Treat Dandruff
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...