A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,405
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Opinions, thoughts, criticism! *pattern now available*  (Read 1362 times)
Tags for this thread: halter_top , debbie_bliss_cathay , free_pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frenchnewwave
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007 08:40:40 PM »

I love the lace - it's very pretty without being too intimidating. And the detail of the small slit in the sides (saw on your blog pics) is very sweet. I also like the seed stitch border!

I would like it to be a little wider along the top. And my only concern about the straps in the back - are they "strong" enough to stand the test of time? They looked kind of thin, but it might have been the pic. It would be very embarrassing for them to get snagged on something and the shirt fall off!

Otherwise, very lovely! The magenta color is even more beautiful in the pics on your blog.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
randomcyn

OH MY GOD IT'S EATING MY HEAD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007 09:51:07 PM »

I like the design. It's simple and flattering and the little side slits are a nice touch. There is one thing that would stop me from knitting it as-is, and that's the placement of the lace section. It's over the bra line, which means that either it would show my bra or I'd have to wear something underneath, and I don't like either option. That's personal preference, but I think it's a common personal preference; I've seen a lot of pattern discussions where people choose not to knit something if it won't play nicely with their bra. So it might be worth thinking about.

Pattern-wise, it sounds like you've got the basics covered. I agree with spaghetti on the schematic with dimensions, that's a nice thing to have. I also like when patterns state the intermediate stitch counts often. Good for checking to make sure you haven't missed a decrease, etc., and also very helpful when you're modifying a pattern if you're between sizes or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007 01:17:33 AM »

i personally wouldnt wear it because i would be worried about the lace with my bra but i love the design!
i would definatly make it for someone else though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady_cyanide
too weird to live, too rare to die.

hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name <3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2007 02:03:41 AM »

i think it looks great. i've been knitting 2.5 years now, and recently just got the balls to attempt clothing. i've made two shrugs so far, but i'd love to make some halter tops. the design doesn't look too intimidating, and i love the lace. i think i'd have the balls to make something like this. i think the lace should go just a little higher, to avoid bra exposure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a pile of shit has a thousand eyes.
NWPlatinum
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2007 11:19:42 AM »

Thanks again, everyone, for your responses.

I'm happy to announce that the pattern has been put up on my LYS' website and available for download- free!

Please go have a look, and if you knit it, please let me know how it goes. I live for feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007 12:11:18 PM »

Thanks for adding the link, and for free too! You're a lovely lady. This is going on my to-knit list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wrongful Death Book Trailer
J. Michael Lennon Exposes the Double Life of Norman Mailer
Jonathan Alter: What Are You Reading?
Unremarried Widow by Artis Henderson
Neal Shusterman: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...