A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,603
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Have you ever had those stupid crafty moments? -_-  (Read 16984 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005 12:14:16 AM »

I did that once. Except I tried doing it on foam with a stencil that took me nearly an hour to cut out. I figured, hey! nail polish would be really cool, and already varnished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
Silly

I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005 11:02:09 PM »

I often times get ahead of myself and sew what I should be sewing LAST first.  For example sewing the body of a bag before ever putting pockets, zippers, snaps or anything in... I have so many useless half-bags because I started sewing up too early...

I have concluded that CONCENTRATION is the key to happy crafting.  I'm making a wallet right now and I'm being extra careful to think ahead and not ruin it.  I ruin and never finish at least 85% of the stuff I make... no, more.  I seem to have many, many crafty ideas that end up not working as well as they do in my head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

By the way, I never liked your face.
lovelyscrubs
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005 10:53:58 AM »

hey we have something in common i guess i get so ezcited to make something i really dont take the time to make sure i am doing every little step i try to shortcut alot but now i have been taking my time once i sewed a pocketbook on totally backwards and never realized until it was time for me to turn it how dumb!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the noodle princess

When you are the moon....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2005 05:10:26 PM »

this is some funny stuff! reminds me of the time my friend was embriodering, sitting on her bed. she stood up after a while and the project was embriodered to her pants. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*spinswim* my hand-spun yarn and fiber shop!: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5546058
StookeyDough
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2005 07:50:36 PM »

Not very crafty, but here's a nail polish horror stories.

I was painting my nails while I was on the computer in my dad's new house.  The nailpolish happened to be pretty expensive and also sparkly black, so when i moved to type it spilt all over the carpet.   Sad  So then I got the brilliant idea to use nail polish remover, making the stain grayer- except it spread big time.  Finally I took the scissors to it and cut off the top of the carpet and my dad never noticed it.   Lips sealed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onesmallinstrument

I am your pamphleteer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2005 10:45:32 AM »

Fortunately I have ducked the nail polish difficulties, but one of my earliest crafting mishaps involved parafin wax.  I was something like 9 or 10 and I was not supposed to be playing with the stuff, but we had been making firestarters in girl scouts and the supplies were all over the house, including a can of parafin on the stove for melting.  So I got some molds (dixie cups mostly), put some toys in them, and was just getting ready to pour the wax into the molds when I heard my mom coming up the stairs.  I panicked and dumped the wax down the kitchen sink.  I couldn't understand why it wasn't going down, so in a panic as my mom got closer, I ran cold water, not realizing that that would turn the wax in the drain into a solid chunk.  My parents were SO mad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"How I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you. How you don't know where you should look, so you look at my hands."
maehem

.glitz and glamour.

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2005 09:57:03 PM »

HAHAHA! OMG!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005 07:27:50 PM by CHEAP THRILLS » THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 alyssamae
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005 10:54:54 AM »

Well I just learned something new!  I made my nephew a hemp beaded necklace.  I thought, "Instead of the loop & bead closure, I'll do a nice metal closure."  Yeah, good idea there!  Instead of going to get the clear nail polish (nail polish HAD to be included somehow!) I decided to use Super Glue to keep the ends of the knots from fraying.  What I didn't know is that hemp and Super Glue have a weird end result.  The hemp started to smoke and the metal finishings got really hot!  When all was said and done, the hemp had big hard lumps of glazed looking knots.  Not my best idea!

Dawn
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gurlwhopurls
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2005 12:11:42 PM »

One time i thought it would be a good idea if i tried mixing my own nail polish shade from different nail polishes i already had. urgh. i dumped in different colors from just about every polish i had and it was some weird purpley silvery sparkly looking junk. it was so thick. i tried painting my nails with it and the color wouldnt smooth over, my nails just looked streaky and purple. so when i was done my nails where at least a half inch thicker with nail polish! lol. and trying to clean it? Shocked oh wow, what a mess. the sink had purple stains in it and the sink knobs tacky with polish! not one of my finer moments.
 man this thread is hilarious! love it.
once my friend had some black spray paint and we were going to spray some cardboard and put our hand prints in it. i was thinking, im so not putting my hands in all that paint! but something must have just not clicked in my friends mind because she stuck her hands in it all. so glad i didnt do that. oh man she couldnt get it off and so we grabbed this WHOLE bottle of nail polish remover and she tried to scrub it off. it just smeared all over her arms and hands. lol. her hands and arms were all gray. it was so funny, well not for her but...... lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flutegeek104

Can't touch this!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2005 05:03:38 PM »

I can't believe I forgot about this!

I was hemming up a dress, and was sitting on my bed watching TV. I was hand sewing it (I'm not a huge fan of sewing machines). This dress was absolutly perfect. I gathered it and climbed down (loft bed). I picked it up, and felt this incredible tugging sensation on my leg. I look down, and I had not only gone through a pair of jeans, but also into my skin. I can't feel pain on my thighs, and I hadn't even relized that it was sewed onto my legs. I have scars from the stiches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Velvety Curry Chicken Recipe
Sesame Noodles Recipe
Chicken Legs with Apricots Sauce
Eating at a Japanese Family in Tokyo
Cucumber Raita Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...