A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,700
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Have you ever had those stupid crafty moments? -_-  (Read 17040 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

miffy
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005 01:31:47 PM »

What's worse, for me, is when a beaded something breaks in public. You have no chance at recovering any beads whatsoever to attempt to recreate it. I HATE that. It's happened a couple times to me before. Lets just say I hate sidewalks and grass. Hahaha

And public restrooms located in rest stops three states away from home.........
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janer

all my friends are skeletons

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005 03:13:10 PM »

Dang. Yeah that would be awful, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on a break from swapping... much needed!

www.myspace.com/_jane_

http://www.wists.com/janer
sporkx71

Like anything I made? http://sporkx71.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2005 12:25:45 PM »

well just two nights ago i did something stupid. i wanted to make some earrrings but my pliers were somewhere in my garage and i was too lazy to get them. so i decided to use my nails instead. well it was working for awhile until i tried to bend open an eyepin and the end of the pin went underneath my nail and punctured the skin. i had to pull it out...the next day that particular finger throbbed whenever i touched it. and my nails were pretty messed up and layers were peeling off.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like anything I've made? BUY it here: http://sporkx71.etsy.com
anirtak
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2005 04:35:19 PM »

i was trying to make a shrug top yesterday, and instead of pinning before sewing, i figured, "i'll just try to eyeball this as i sew... it'll be faster." bad idea. All of the fabric got twisted, and 2 hours after starting the project, i threw it out.

lesson i learned: pin before sewing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mintbamboo
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2005 08:49:30 PM »

in response to those who posted about nail polish misshaps...

well the other night i was going crazy with all of my nailpolish and did my nails in this horrendous, every-color-must-be-included kind of thing... then the next day i realized i had to go to a goverment building, and had 5 minutes to get the polish off. the layers were so thick that using nail polish remover on a tissue was taking forever, so i had the brilliant idea of plugging up the sink of my tiny bathroom (fanless and windowless, might i add) and dumping about half the bottle of remover into it, thinking that by sticking my fingertips into it, it would dissolve right nice...

it doesnt work quite like that. there was some extreme tingling on my fingertips, and i have a lot of hangnails-turned-open-sores around my cuticles, so that stung badly. the polish didnt dissolve, and i had to scrub away like before. that was... 3 days ago i think, and i still smell the remover wherever i go. not on my hands, i think there must be some remover molecules permanently embedded into my nostrils, as it will not go away. (everything i smell now is [item]+remover... like peach hand lotion+remover, apple pie+remover, chocolate+remover) Cry

oh dear. dont try this at home guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm your fool
Zero_Girl

Use a smile as a noun and I think like a verb

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005 12:40:11 PM »

I too have had mishaps with nail polish remover.  The worst was when my step-sister was still in cosmetology school, and was using me as a guinea pig for acrylic nails. Of course, she screwed up horribly, and decided we needed to soak them off immediately. So, she stopped up the sink, dumped PURE ACETONE into it, and demanded that I soak my fingers until all the glue had dissolved. An hour and a half later, I had raw, peeling skin, tear stains down my cheeks, and those damned nails were still stuck!   Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pibbgirl
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2005 08:52:30 AM »

My stupid nail polish moment involved eating a sucker, watching tv, and painting my nails.  Having the nail polish brush in one hand and the sucker in the other and engrossed in whatever happened to be on tv at the time I ended up putting the nail polish brush in my mouth!  So not good!  That is not a taste you get off your tongue easily!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thefloridagurl
Crafting keeps me sane.

Rockabilly with a Vintage twist

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2005 02:08:46 PM »

Sorry, I am sure that was pretty gross, but that's freaking hilarious!!! That happened to me, too one time, but I did that with a cigarette instead. And with the end that was lit up...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lipstickmafia
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005 01:25:11 PM »

Yes... I decided I was going to make a card for my friends who were moving.   Right after I finished making it I saw a mosquito across the room.  Not thinking, I took the card in my hand and swatted it.  Getting blood all over the newly finished card.  And the mosquito was still alive.  Thing just wouldn't die.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dustpan dan

Call me Captain Tin Can

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005 01:49:22 PM »

my friend eenjoys drawing watches on my arms during bio and the pens are usually semi-permanent-ish so its always like 3:17 acording to me for a few days hee hee
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Dish Cloth Part 1/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 7/9
How to Crochet a Diamond Cable Stitch Part 6/9
How to Crochet a Cross Cable Pattern Part 1/4
How to Crochet a Cross Cable Pattern Part 2/4
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...