A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
357 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Have you ever had those stupid crafty moments? -_-  (Read 17511 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ayame
Psycho Jrocker

Hurry up hurry up wrist cut show

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2004 07:17:27 PM »

*sweatdrop* Okay lets just say I was bored. VERY bored. Well, I decided to make a stencil (this was today) for a christmas card. Well, being the idiot I am, thought "Hey! It'd be fun to try and use nail polish! It'll be easy  Cool" So, I got to painting it with the nail polish. After, I removed the stencil, and looked at my ruined creation. With a sigh, I discarded it.

This happened two hours ago. I can still smell the nail polish, and I can no longer walk in a straight line, or properly. My hands can't hold onto things either. And to add onto that, I feel like I'm going to throw up, and faint at the same time.

Anybody else had a "genius"  Roll Eyes idea?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miffy
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004 04:44:21 PM »

Yes....
... Me and my friend decided one night that it would be the COOLEST thing to make our bodies into works of art. So we set out with pens and started drawing on ourselves. Each of our legs was COVERED in doodles made by the other. I then decided "Hey, wouldn't it be a great idea to add some color?"

Cut to breaking out the 3-year-old peel-off nail polish in a vibrant purple shade.

Cut to peeling off the nail polish later that evening.

Cut to a bright red/slight purple leg and tears welling up in my eyes.

Oh, what a night it was.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hellotampon
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004 05:01:45 PM »

One time I was making Bikini Kill patches (hey, I was 16, okay?) from a pair or sturdy green pants that didn't fit me anymore, and I was using a black permanent marker.  I didn't realize how close my face got the the marker until I stood up and stretched my arms, and my hands got all tingly.  This disturbed me and suddenly I became convinced that I had MS.  I thought I was going to die.  Then I started to get a raging headache, and I was wandering aimlessly around my room, which is in the basement, when I heard a noise and became paranoid that an intruder was in the cellar.  I started panicking and it wasn't until 20 minutes later that I realized I must have gotten high from the marker.

To this day, I can't stand the smell of markers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinathellama
Oh man!

I am the Depleted Uranium of Feminity!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005 02:22:31 AM »

Miffy:
Once, when I was younger, my best friend decided to paint a patch on her leg with nail polish. Well, we were about 9, and didn't shave our legs yet. So she paints her leg, lets it dry, and then starts to peel it off.

She had a bald patch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

\m/
miffy
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005 01:40:22 PM »

Miffy:
Once, when I was younger, my best friend decided to paint a patch on her leg with nail polish. Well, we were about 9, and didn't shave our legs yet. So she paints her leg, lets it dry, and then starts to peel it off.

She had a bald patch.

It's quite possibly one of the top ten most painful things to do.... that is, slowly peeling your hair out of your skin. It sucks ;x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005 04:11:41 PM »

I've had bad moments with nail polish, but they aren't exactly crafty.  I kind of trashed our kitched table a few years ago when I thought it would be cool to paint my nails with red, white, and blue stripes about an hour before the parade.  I had three bottles of nail polish open and was trying to paint my nails with three different colors without letting the first colors dry since I was kind of on a time scrunch.  My elbow knocked over the red and it spilled all over the kitchen table (where my family eats). It took away alot of the varnish on the table and stained spots of it pink.  No, I guess that wasn't crafty at all.  But still, to this day my parents don't trust me with nail polish.  I'm only aloud to paint my nails outside.  Roll Eyes   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
ParanoidEv
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005 08:03:59 AM »

I'll just call it a day now. I was finishing a necklace for a swap, and while I was holding it to see if I was finished, I let one side of the thread slip. Then a second. So the neckace hangs upside down on my chest and I hear all beads slipping of the thread... ($#($# I can start all over now! and yes, the beads are SMALL! TINY! And in my search for some missing beads, I stepped on a fresh stencilled something I just made for another swap.  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Put your hay on the ground and your sexy legs in the air! You have the right to remain wheeking for pellets!
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2005 08:12:36 AM »

Oh, I've done that before.  I spent an hour just to make a bracelet once because everytime I tried to tie it together the ends would slip and beads would fly everywhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
shortestkitty
Wootage.

Ghost ride your whip.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005 08:28:46 AM »

Not nail polish, but beads: I added some beaded strands to a wifebeater, so it's sort of dripping with beads around the neck. While wearing this top, and talking to my bf on the phone I say to myself, "Why don't I cut this annoying loose thread right now? The loose thread right by all the beading? So we're chatting, and I'm wielding scissors near my shoulder, which I can see so well, and snip! Yes, I cut the longest strand of beads on the top, completely missing that loose thread. Beads all over the kitchen floor.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look! Round windows!

Check out my Etsy shop for handpainted fashion goodness:
http://www.frompapertocloth.etsy.com

And yes, there's a blog: http://frompapertocloth.blogspot.com
janer

all my friends are skeletons

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2005 08:52:59 AM »

What's worse, for me, is when a beaded something breaks in public. You have no chance at recovering any beads whatsoever to attempt to recreate it. I HATE that. It's happened a couple times to me before. Lets just say I hate sidewalks and grass. Hahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on a break from swapping... much needed!

www.myspace.com/_jane_

http://www.wists.com/janer
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sauteed Marinated Kebab Vegetables and Fruits Recipe
Budget Friendly Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Budget Friendly Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Join the Club Sandwich Recipe
Egg in the Nest Breakfast Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...