A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Have you ever had those stupid crafty moments? -_-  (Read 17550 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Selnith
Ruler of Geek

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2009 07:10:11 AM »

i haven't done anything too daft while crafting
although i did make myself high while decorating a tote bag with my sharpies
what i did looks pretty, but i haven't brought myself to doing the other sides yet
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
beki710

Partly confused all of the time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2009 02:07:52 PM »

Well I had a stupid moment this evening. I was crafting a tshirt for a swap and using fabric paint. So the paint isn't coming out of the little bottle, so I squeeze harder and harder and then... Big Red Fabric Paint explosion. Over the carpet, me and the tshirt. I'm definately going to lose my deposit on this house for this one! (Managed to save the tshirt the flicks of paint are splatters of blood... of course...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2009 03:24:04 PM »

Well I had a stupid moment this evening. I was crafting a tshirt for a swap and using fabric paint. So the paint isn't coming out of the little bottle, so I squeeze harder and harder and then... Big Red Fabric Paint explosion. Over the carpet, me and the tshirt. I'm definately going to lose my deposit on this house for this one! (Managed to save the tshirt the flicks of paint are splatters of blood... of course...)

well at least it worked out for the crafty best!

i am definitely not getting the deposit back on this house....my craft room as ground in chalk and glitter glue on it (both my best friend did) and my living room has juice stains from pretty much everyone around the couch (people kick things over alot)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Persephone Hazard
I'm not going to live my life on one side of an ampersand

That song was about me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: May 28, 2009 11:04:28 AM »

my craft room as ground in chalk and glitter glue on it (both my best friend did)

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person in the world to have accidentally ruined some part of her best friend's house! *blush*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When she was good, she was very very good - but when she was bad she was fabulous.
beki710

Partly confused all of the time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2009 01:25:51 PM »

Me and my best friend share a house and are both massive craftters so we've given up hope of ever seeing our deposit. Along with the various stains, and burns in our carpets, theres paint and varnish stains on surfaces and we had to get one of our drains unclogged after pouring some leftover crafty things down it. If you include the fact that we have a hamster which is very against the rules we are pretty much screwed...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexandra-the-Great
~Chronic-Costumer~

~Better than Alexander the Great~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2009 04:36:09 AM »

One time, I was making a dress, and I was trying to fit the bodice to myself while wearing it. So I was pinning and occasionally cutting bits I didn't need off. Well, I was trimming up the top flaps (it was a halter dress) into their proper shape, and me, being the idiot I was, was getting careless and sloppy. I cut right into the tender skin that borders the armpit.  Cry I immediately shoved the dress off to avoid getting blood on it. I still have a faint scar.

Also, every time I go into my craftroom... pins. Pins everywhere. In my feet when I walk, in my knees when I kneel, in my arse when I sit... If there is a pin withing five feet of me, I guarentee you I will step on it. And there are a LOT of pins in that room.

And yet, one time, I was making a ducttape corset by myself, and I had wrapped it way to tight and was having trouble breathing. So I took the exacto knife and cut down the back with only a mirror to guide me! That could have ended very badly, but surprisingly, I didn't nick myself once. My mum was horrified that I did that when I told her later.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hats Don't Kill People. People IN Hats Kill People!
http://alexandra-the-great.webs.com/
http://www.wists.com/Alexandra-the-Great
*~!kenzallan!~*
is it weird that i wish he was here?

Rock Chalk baby!!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2009 09:37:16 AM »

my best friend puts EVERYTHING in her mouth (i constantly make sure she isnt eating non food, cos if it smells good she wants to taste it....it is adorable though....

oh. my. gosh. that sounds like me! i have learned to restrain myself tho....but once i decided to taste my facewash cause it smelled like oranges...i have since switched to tea tree oil facewash. it definitely doesnt taste good!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I hate that Ozzy got fat and stupid. Deal with it.
            -Abby (NCIS)
Zodia
Story Builder Toys

www.storybuildertoys.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2010 12:34:31 PM »

I was sewing a bunny plush last night and somehow during the process of turning it inside out then right side out over and over to get the ear placement right I managed to sew the ear to the wrong side. Fantastic. It wouldn't have been so bad, but after fixing it I set out to do the other ear and ended up doing pretty much the same thing. So much for learning from my mistakes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website Story Builder Toys
Follow me on Twitter
Willowe
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2010 02:38:55 PM »

I was sewing a bunny plush last night and somehow during the process of turning it inside out then right side out over and over to get the ear placement right I managed to sew the ear to the wrong side. Fantastic. It wouldn't have been so bad, but after fixing it I set out to do the other ear and ended up doing pretty much the same thing. So much for learning from my mistakes.

Reminds me of the time I tried to sew sleeves onto a shirt. I managed to sew them on inside out not once or twice, but three times (twice with one sleeve, once with the other)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
Pottersprincess
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2012 03:51:23 PM »

Carving a stamp, slip and make a little cut in thumb. Bandage and continue. Repeat three more times. Decide to take a break. This just happened to me. At least i have cool band-aids
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Load and Play the Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Work With Recording Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Work With the Actions Panel in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Increase the Productivity in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Toolbar Shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
October 2, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Washi Tape
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...