A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,317
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Have you ever had those stupid crafty moments? -_-  (Read 19110 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gurlwhopurls
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2005 06:56:25 PM »

OWW OWW OWWWYYYY!!! why can't you feel pain in your thighs, if you don't mind my asking so? wow, thats got to be incredibly painful if you could feel it though! lol, sorry, I know! but it's just funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ms.cate
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2005 08:26:57 PM »

Oh god I have sewn things to my clothing so many times! And cutting fabric-I've often cut the fabric thats underneath also!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flutegeek104

Can't touch this!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2005 02:38:01 PM »

It corrigates with nerves that don't work and other kinds of babble I don't understand. Once I hotglued fabric to my skin and didn't really know until I couldn't get it off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krushvillis
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2005 08:49:10 PM »

Heh, it really is good to hear that I'm not the only one whose elaborate ideas are sometimes, um, a little better than the finished product.

This Hallowe'en I was making a costume for myself a few hours before the costume party I was supposed to attend.
I had bought a new gluegun, but a few hours into the project when it came time to start glueing I realized I had bought the wrong size gluesticks for the gun. No prob, I thought, I'll make a tinfoil dish, melt the glue in the toaster oven and spread it on quickly.
Well, the plan actually worked, until I put the dish with the melted hot glue in it down for a moment, looked away, and absentmindedly leaned over and put my hand down into the boiling hot glue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happy cricket
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2005 08:37:22 PM »

Ow.   That made my stomach hurt just thinking about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bubba of Borg - "Y'all's fixin' ta be assimilated" - Chris Richards

http://cookingsucks.blogspot.com
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2005 08:56:12 PM »

Ouch! I had a crafting related injury myself today: I was making my first record bowl, but i decided i'd cut the bowl in spots so i could overlap parts and fold it up so it could be more vase-like. So i decide to try to use the "hot knife" attachment that comes with my woodburner. Evidently i didnt understand how to attach the knife correctly, because halfway though cutting, it came off and was stuck in the bowl. So with the only thought in my head being "well, i cant let it harden and get stuck in the bowl!" i grab the hot knife which had been attached to my very hot woodburner. Needless to say, i burnt my finger big time and it's making it difficult to type this.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2005 08:57:49 PM by Haylie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
strangela

beware of octopus girl

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2005 07:53:30 PM »

I had a bad couple of days with slice-y things: One day, I was trying to cut something tiny out with this really sharp craft knife thing. So, of course, I sliced into my finger. The next day, I was using a jewellery saw thing to cut jump rings in this class I was taking. Well, you have to hold the coil of wire really tight, and your fingers are RIGHT NEXT to the saw. So, what did i do? I sawed across the craft knife cut, making a nice little X thing. It was 2 weeks ago and i can still feel the saw cut a little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serialdeviant
Like personal swaps? Me too.

This was completely unintentional

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2006 02:09:26 AM »

When I was in primary school, I was into making these weird glue things, which involved squeezing craft glue that dried clear onto a hard plastic surface, then sprinkling loads of glitter on to it. I'm not sure why I made these, but anyway. I'm kind of clumsy, so I practically had my nose touching the plastic surface, I was so close. That was when I discovered I was extremely allergic to glue. That was fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daydreamer13579
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2006 09:48:41 AM »

I can't believe I haven't seen this before. Grin

I have a "really should have known better". I was looking for leaves to press a couple of months ago. I found some very pretty bright red ones, on a vine, and in a group of three. I grew up running around outdoors. My dad made sure I could take care of myself...one of the earliest lessons...Leaves of 3 let them be...it is poison ivy. So were my beautiful red leaves......poison ivy makes you itch even when the leaves are no longer green. I had it on my hands, my face and in various other places.... Embarrassed My family, especially my kids, thought it was hilarious. I was too busy scratching to laugh. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miffy
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2006 11:35:09 AM »

When I was in primary school, I was into making these weird glue things, which involved squeezing craft glue that dried clear onto a hard plastic surface, then sprinkling loads of glitter on to it. I'm not sure why I made these, but anyway. I'm kind of clumsy, so I practically had my nose touching the plastic surface, I was so close. That was when I discovered I was extremely allergic to glue. That was fun.

I did that too! I still do, sometimes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Cup Texture - Cheetah 3D Modeling
How to Create a Spoon Texture - Cheetah 3D Modeling
How to Create a Wine Glass Texture - Cheetah 3D Modeling
How to Make Clouds - Pixelmator
How to Create a Cool Text Trick - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...