A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 305,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: little black dress...maybe more?  (Read 3615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Aistaraina
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007 04:10:03 AM »

I like the plain black dress more than the polka dots attached. But that is just my opinion Smiley If I'd see that dress in a shop, I'd buy it! Wish I could sew a dress like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frenchnewwave
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007 07:55:51 AM »

I do love the polka dotted part, but a little black dress is the essential item for a woman's wardrobe, and this one suits you so well. if you leave it plain, you'll probably get a lot more use out of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kritenkrit
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007 08:17:19 AM »

Thanks for all the input!  i'll probably leave the dress as just the black dress.  after looking through my wardrobe I realized I didnt really have one that I really liked anymore.  now i do!  i'll probably try to use the polka dot material for something else.  Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Speak what you think now in hard words and to-morrow speak what to-morrow thinks in hard words again, though it may contradict everything you said today...To be great is to be misunderstood.
Mienna
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007 08:18:46 AM »

Maybe you could use the polka dot material for some sort of shrug or shawl to wear with the dress?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mystico_tala
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007 02:38:27 PM »

LOVE the dress!  I can't tell from the pictures if it is a sewing trick or wrinkly fabric, but I love it.
I got this crazy idea while looking at it that you could make a slip skirt type thing to wear underneath it that has details at the bottom where the dress ends.  The image I had was sort of a ruffle thing with a train.  Black would give it an illusion of a solid dress, but colours would be fun too Smiley  You could make a couple!  Just an idea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Blog
skoo
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007 02:57:58 PM »

actually i like the polka dotted one more- maybe a bit shorter though.  both are great, but i like the pizazz of the polka dot
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chevykaylor
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007 06:24:16 PM »

The polka-dot version is totally couture.  I love it, and wouldn't be surprised if someone eventually turns up in something very like it on Oscar night! You have real talent, and I hope you continue to explore design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sprinklez
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007 06:29:02 PM »

I love the polka dots. You should keep it like that. But if you could, you should make it removable just in case you want to wear just the black dress.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007 09:14:23 PM »

i really like it plain. it's gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
fiberartist219
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007 09:32:33 PM »

Oh, I would definately leave it alone as a little black dress. It is just too gorgeous plain. Plus, you can wear black dresses just about everywhere.

I DO like the concept of what you have done with the polka dots... but I would make ANOTHER dress with it, and possible make it monochrome... as in both fabrics are the same color, but maybe different textures. The print is also nice as it shows the dimension of it draping down, but when I look up at the straps on the shoulders, the high contrast makes them look a bit cut off. Maybe that's just me though. I am definately inspired by the way you've played with it though. Whenever I drape fabrics across myself, it looks silly, whereas you make it look elegant.

I agree that you should consider getting into the field of designing clothes and couture. You have a lot of talent from what I can see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rick Warren Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Gary Greenberg Talks About Manufacture Depression
Jonathan Alter Reveals His Motto
An Author Chat with Julia DeVillers and Hillary Homzie Part 3
Meet Author Elizabeth Aston
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...