A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: our handmade 7/7/07 wedding  (Read 15804 times)
Tags for this thread: favors , day_of_the_dead , dia_de_los_muertos  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*MAR*
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2007 12:38:15 PM »

You JUST got married in August? Cool! I want to see some pictures!

You know what is really funny about our Chicago wedding/reception? Friends of mine did an aerial performance at the reception, and their performance school has been featured on two local TV shows in the past week! I am sure my wedding had nothing to do with they surge in popularity, but it is super cool seeing them get recognition!

I was so disappointed with the pics from our second reception, but a few turned out well.

Our big top....

I spent HOURS hanging these lanterns!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2007 12:45:56 PM »

Wow, Mar!  I love these pix, too.

The lanterns are a great splash of color under the tent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
SprigofIvy
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2007 08:29:17 PM »

It looks super gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poyupop

Master Craft Disaster!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2007 11:02:01 PM »

All the work you put into it must have made it absolutely perfect. Weddings like yours are extra special and everyone remembers them as being the best wedding they have ever attended.

We had our wedding at his mothers home in her garden. Everything was borrowed, made or a thrift store find. We wanted it to be simple, very small and personal. It reflected our personalities and charm.

I really admire you and all the effort you put into your wedding. While ours was small and simple it was a huge amount of work. I barely broke the surface compared to the work you must have done. You are a goddess in my book.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2007 09:28:28 AM »

All the work you put into it must have made it absolutely perfect. Weddings like yours are extra special and everyone remembers them as being the best wedding they have ever attended.

We had our wedding at his mothers home in her garden. Everything was borrowed, made or a thrift store find. We wanted it to be simple, very small and personal. It reflected our personalities and charm.

I really admire you and all the effort you put into your wedding. While ours was small and simple it was a huge amount of work. I barely broke the surface compared to the work you must have done. You are a goddess in my book.  Wink

That is quite a compliment! Thank you so much. I never really thought I'd get married. I was never one of those little girls who had it all planned out as a kid. So, when we decided to get married this year, I really was able to think about what WE wanted, and not what I thought would be expected of us. And the best part about paying for it yourself (mostly), is that if people don't like what you're doing - TOUGH - because they are not footing the bill! We really tried to include everyone though, my brother walked me down the aisle, my Uncle gave me away, our Mom's were our ring bearers, our family that had passed was honoured. I think that alot of people were touched that we framed all their wedding photos and displayed them at the wedding. Having a smaller wedding is great, because you are able to add touches like that. Very personal. It is fun, family & friends are still talking about it. I went to a club the other night, saw a very old friend of mine and the first thing out of his mouth was "I've heard your wedding cd, it's fantastic!". How funny is that? Our wedding compilation cd is making the rounds! haha.

I LOVE that your wedding was small, in a family member's garden, with everything borrowed. THAT is a great accomplishment and truly personal. Congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lemadrid
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2007 07:07:47 PM »

i love this idea!! i;mtrying to pick up tips for my upcoming wedding. ahh i'm so excitied!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2007 08:15:24 PM »

Congratulations! If you have any questions, feel free to ask. How long do you have to plan? It is an exciting time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2007 04:29:42 AM »

Congrats, lemadrid!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2007 05:57:44 PM »

wow! im just starting to now plan our wedding and yowza! yours looked beautiful!!! i love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
*MAR*
« Reply #89 on: October 23, 2007 11:04:00 AM »

Congratulations ViciousKittie! How long do you have to plan?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Bangs
How to Strip Hair Color
How to Straighten Your Hair with a Straightening Iron
Hair Scrunching Tips
How to Bleach Your Hair
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...