A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: our handmade 7/7/07 wedding  (Read 15402 times)
Tags for this thread: favors , day_of_the_dead , dia_de_los_muertos  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thriftjunkie

if patience started a band, i'd be her biggest fan

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007 02:31:20 PM »

you are absolutely beautiful in a classic way, and i think the hair and dress really brings that out. good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007 02:47:28 PM »

you are absolutely beautiful in a classic way, and i think the hair and dress really brings that out. good job!

Oh wow, thank you so much. That is incredibly sweet. I wasn't that excited about the thought of having to figure out my wedding hair, because everything you see is all bridal and prom-esque and up-do's and rhinestone princess tiaras. ugh. Not for me. Then, I got to thinking, my dress is from 1962, and has a 50's flair. So, should my hair! I was then able to get excited about it! I talked to my pal Anne, who works at Milio's here in Chicago, showed her a bunch of shots of do's from 50's pin up girls and actress bombshell types, and she figured this out for me. Mine was based on a half up, half down 'do, but we modified it for the very very hot day. Heather's (the blonde) hair was based on Anita Ekberg's hair, and my sister Pam's hair was based on a Maria Corday 'do.  We had some fun with the hair. I really wanted to have false eyelashes too, but I did my own make up (on a budget....) and ran out of time for the lashes, because I was making my bridal bouquet, in the kitchen, in my corset and Spanx! ha ha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazy4katz
A Needle In A HAystack

Old....but not dead yet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007 02:49:24 PM »

Everything looks absolutely beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftingHands101
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007 02:52:04 PM »

OMG< Your wedding looks awesome! Good job with everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My imagination runs wild...while my crafting skills fall asleep....

♥~♥~♥~♥~♥
*MAR*
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007 02:55:04 PM »

Love it!! Weddings on small budgets are always better (in my opinion). Who needs $20 grand when you have a creative spirit.

I hear ya! I am on another forum, not to be named, for weddings. And some of the gals talk about how they spent $8500 for their flowers. I mean, that is nearly twice the budget for our entire wedding!!! I am not the cookie cutter, country club type. And, although, this was alot of work, alot of stress, I couldn't have imagined not being involved and creative with it, every step of the way. The only thing I would have changed is the catering. I would have spent more money to have had a better set up. The food was great, but the dudes just came, dropped the stuff off and split. They didn't even light the sterno. I mean, I paid for set up, I don't get it. I was hauling out food boxes and schlepping chafing dishes in my wedding gown. In retrospect, it was fairly hilarious. But, not at the time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillville
would you like to swap personal? - just pm me!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007 03:14:00 PM »

what can i add?
it's amazing and you really look very beautiful (and i do like 60ies dresses  Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just drop by if you like:
www.ohmyjillies.wor dpress.com
uncomfyflamingo
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007 03:18:09 PM »

So gorgeous!  I wish I had the skillz (and patience) to craft my whole wedding; I guess I have a few years for a head start!

Your hair was perfect for the dress too.  Yay for Milio's!  It's the ONLY place to get cool hair in Chicago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007 03:21:09 PM »

So gorgeous!  I wish I had the skillz (and patience) to craft my whole wedding; I guess I have a few years for a head start!

Your hair was perfect for the dress too.  Yay for Milio's!  It's the ONLY place to get cool hair in Chicago.

Hollah!
Anne Richardson, from Milio's - an absolute genius!

Bathsheba Nemerovski from Sine Qua Non normally does my hair, and she did the cut for my husband for the wedding.

Double hollah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007 03:52:47 PM »

Wow.  What a beautiful wedding!  I hit "This Rocks" even though I'm reasonably certain that weddings arent ever featured projects.   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
locamama
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007 03:57:34 PM »

It looks absolutely lovely.  There is nothing that looks "bargain" about this wedding.  I may use some of the ideas for my hubby's grandparent's 60th anniversary party.  Thanks for sharing and congratulations.  I hope you have a wonderful marriage which means even more than the beautiful wedding. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Rule the Page for Calligraphy
How to Warm Up for Calligraphy
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - C, O, E
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - I, L, J, R, F, T
How to Draw the Lowercase Calligraphy Letters - P, B, K
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...