A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,731
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My DIY wedding, complete with too many photos!!!  (Read 9450 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thekster
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007 06:20:04 PM »

I saw your invites before and I saved them on my computer, but they saved weird so I couldn't see them. I was sad cuz I couldn't remember exactly what the looked like, but I knew they had flowers on them and wanted to use it as inspiration so I searched and searched and searched and found it again!
I have a question though - on your RSVP cards, did you do the words or the flower first? I really like how the flower shows through a little bit on the letters. Have any tips on how you did them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2007 06:13:31 AM »

thekster, I stamped the flowers first, you are correct.  They were stamped with colorbox ink in white (I'm sure it had a more frilly, interesting name...  but it was plain white).  Then I went and stamped the RSVP in colorbox ink in brown (again I think it might have been called mocha or something....  it wasn't a DARK brown).

I hadn't intended for the flowers to show through the letters, but I was really pleased with the effect.  Just to warn you though, that white ink takes awhile to dry.  It's pretty thick ink compared to the brown, and sometimes it was still tacky after 30 mins so take that in mind when you're setting up a stamping station.  I had to do about 10 cards at a time because my tiny desk didn't have enough room to lay out more than that.  Get some help too, because after doing all 50 of them, my hands and arms REALLY hurt.  I guess I stamp too hard or something.  Smiley

Good news, we got TONS of compliments at the wedding on all the DIY stuff.  I got one photo of my centerpieces in action, but it is film so I have to wait to scan it.  Everyone loved the invites, the newsletters, the programs, and all the little touches.  Made all that hard work worthwhile.

Oh, and I added more photos to the front of this post.  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007 06:17:46 AM by halblingefrau » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

PM me for personal swaps.
thekster
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2007 11:26:34 AM »

Colorbox, hmm? That name sounds really familiar. That's just the brand of ink right? I feel like I've seen that stuff at Hobby Lobby recently... I'll have to go grab me some.
Also, I'll have to reconsider my paper color cuz I just planned on plain ol' boring white.
You did such a good job; I just have to gush! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
designermommy

Born to be a mommy:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2007 08:06:43 PM »

Congrats! I love your invites - and the save the date card is adorable:) It looked like a beautiful wedding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LindsayLuu
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2007 12:02:00 PM »

I love your invitations! 

Did you say that the flowers were stamped? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zarafa
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2007 12:14:08 PM »

omg, your invitations are gorgeous.  i am trying to design my own and i love the idea of the photo corners to attach the directions page. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lollipop
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007 04:12:22 PM »

I LOVE those invitations!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If adventures do not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.
-Jane Austen
MizzBec
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007 08:10:40 AM »

I love your invites and rsvp cards! Does anyone know what font the RSVP part is done in? I know someone said Angelina font but that's not it. :/ I guess I will go search. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007 10:14:16 AM »

In all my hundreds of hours looking for fonts I've never seen the RSVP bit as a font. I know Hablingfrau used a stamp for it. Now, just because I haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but be prepared that it might not. It's the rest of the text that is in Angelina.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pumpkin Pie Dip
Cocoa Peanut Butter Cookies With Jam Recipe
How to Make Baseball Player Bomb Pops
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Pancakes
How to Make Mixed Berry Cobbler
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...