A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 304,866
Currently Running With Scissors:
506 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 50+ Wash Cloths-along  (Read 57423 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

myklia
« Reply #260 on: July 28, 2007 03:21:42 PM »

Thanks so much for the link for the peaches n cream yarn.  That is amazing.  The shipping and handling would be worth it for all the color options.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2007 03:26:45 PM »

Kayrun thanks so much for that link for the Peaches 'n Cream. The selection amazes me!! I bookmarked it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
amyb444
« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2007 03:46:26 PM »

I have to share the newest addition to my cotton stash with you guys. I went to the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) thrift store, and they had a ton of 100% cotton sweaters, AND they had 50% off today! I got these four sweaters for $6.75. I was pretty excited. The one on the upper right (with the cat checking it out) is bulky and super soft. (If it wasn't an extra small I would wear it). As for the white one on the bottom, I have never felt cotton as soft as it is. It still had its price tag (I got a $68 sweater for 2 bucks!) and it might not become washcloths after all because it's so incredibly soft.

This will be my first time recycling yarn, and I figured washcloths were a good start because if I end up wasting some yarn by not cutting it in the right places or something, that'll just be one less washcloth, as opposed to one less sleeve.
Sorry to ramble but I'm just really excited. Look at all those washcloths to be for less than $7!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer

« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2007 06:54:18 PM »

Ohh that white one on the bottom looks soooo comfy!! I wish I had such luck in finding sweaters to unravel. I live in Texas, so sweaters in general are hard to find.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

gizmonic
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

CraftADDchick and Myklia: my fave Craftsters!

Put your helmet on, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2007 07:37:24 PM »

I have to share the newest addition to my cotton stash with you guys. I went to the DAV (Disabled American Veterans) thrift store, and they had a ton of 100% cotton sweaters, AND they had 50% off today! I got these four sweaters for $6.75.

Sweet!  Shocked Cool 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/)   I copied Shewolf's Fat Bunny.
( o.o )   I don't want to be eaten!
(>   <)*Buy a Bunny a Little Time http://www.rabbit.org
LUCY'S GREAT ADVENTURE: Little Visitor swap #7
Ravelry~Gizmonic
50+ Crochet Cloth-along
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182441.0
gizmonic
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

CraftADDchick and Myklia: my fave Craftsters!

Put your helmet on, we'll be reaching speeds of 3!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #265 on: July 28, 2007 07:39:09 PM »

I live in Texas, so sweaters in general are hard to find.

You can use your newly acquired knitting skills to make one! 

There's no stopping you now! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/)   I copied Shewolf's Fat Bunny.
( o.o )   I don't want to be eaten!
(>   <)*Buy a Bunny a Little Time http://www.rabbit.org
LUCY'S GREAT ADVENTURE: Little Visitor swap #7
Ravelry~Gizmonic
50+ Crochet Cloth-along
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=182441.0
kbauer

« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2007 05:39:18 AM »

I live in Texas, so sweaters in general are hard to find.

You can use your newly acquired knitting skills to make one! 

There's no stopping you now! Smiley

I went to the library yesterday and got 2 books on knitting. One is a beginners guide and the other was written by some lady who creates knitted fashions for movies and tv shows (there's some turtleneck sweater in the book that she said she knitted for Debra Messing to wear on Will & Grace). The title is something like Hollywood Knits or something along those lines. There's some really cute patterns in it.

Anyway, I am very squeamish to knit myself a sweater. I can crochet fairly well, so if I attempt a sweater for myself (I'd love some hooded cardigans in different colors...I love anything hooded Cheesy), I'll most likely crochet them. BUT, I am KNITTING the majority of my big item for my swap partner (a coughgarterlactotecough), so I'm very excited and proud of myself. I still haven't given up on knitting the wash cloths. I've just had to put them on the back burner on simmer for a little while. They do make nice little fillers for my swap packages. *wink wink*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2007 06:36:39 AM »

Anyway, I am very squeamish to knit myself a sweater. I can crochet fairly well, so if I attempt a sweater for myself (I'd love some hooded cardigans in different colors...I love anything hooded Cheesy),

I have been knitting since last October (minus some weeks due to a fractured wrist) and I still am afraid to touch sweaters.  I am a very large person, so most aren't my size anyways.  I figure when I do try I will just double the size of a small or medium size pattern.  I love hoodies too.  Perhaps I should knit a little less and get exercising a bit more to lose some weight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

longstory
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2007 07:43:52 AM »

I also wish one of the two brands would come out with a red/black verigated (I have no idea how to spell this either) yarn, because it would be perfect for making something for my sister.

Did you see the 'Cityscape' color?
http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/store-pc.htm
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007 08:36:29 AM by longstory » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A guy walks up to me and asks 'What's Punk?'. So I kick over a garbage can and say 'That's punk!'. So he kicks over the garbage can and says 'That's Punk?', and I say 'No that's trendy!' Billie Joe Armstrong
myklia
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2007 08:44:40 AM »

I also wish one of the two brands would come out with a red/black verigated (I have no idea how to spell this either) yarn, because it would be perfect for making something for my sister.

Did you see the 'Cityscape' color?
http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/store-pc.htm

I kept on looking and looking and couldn't find it and all the time it was the giant in front of my eyes between the small samples and where you go to purchase.  That is great!!  I know where part of my paycheck is going on Tuesday.  Thank you.  Now I can make some dishcloths for my sister.  She is the only one that hasn't gotten one yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Alejandro from Total Drama World Tour
How to Draw Dino
How to Paint With an Air Compressor
How to Draw Decorative Letters
How to Draw Anime Girls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...