A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hi everyone!  (Read 587 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2007 02:08:15 AM »

Hello, my name is Rachel and I've been an adikt for almost 2 yrs. ( in case no one gets this, you know its how you introduce yourself in AA and my name is "crochetadikt" ) sorry my sense of humor is a bit off and its not even 5 am yet. I have a ten month old who likes to wake up a couple times a night and I'm sick with a sinus infection and bronchitis so its hard getting back to sleep. Anyways, I love to crochet. I've been doing it since I found out I was pregnant. I tried learning from my mom before but it just never took. I was determined to crochet my daughter a baby blanket so I just taught myself using a couple diff books. I used to do tons of other crafts too but now that Rosalyn is here I really only have time for crochet plus its portable and if she pulls it off the table it won't hurt anything. So anyways, just keep an eye out for me in the crochet section. I hope to post some of my finished projects eventually but it doesn't help that everything I make I give away to friends and I never took a pic of any it. Oh well Smiley Ok back to bed I gotta wake up for work in an hr and a half. Wow that was a lot of writing, I really apologize...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetAdikt

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007 02:18:05 AM »

p.s. i am totally interested in doing swaps but i'm in the process of moving to colorado from michigan sooooo it'll be awhile before i can (bout a month). I would love doing personal swaps too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007 04:46:29 AM »

Hey there! 

Congrats on Rosalyn (beautiful name, by the way!).  Can't wait to see some of your crochet projects.  I'd love to learn, but it's not "taking" with me either.  Hmph!

Michigan to Colorado is quite a move!  Wonder why you're moving there?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
Muria
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007 06:19:04 AM »

Welcome to Craftster!  I have a friend who moved to Colorado from Michigan a few years ago. She thought it was really beautiful there.  Smiley

I hope your sinus infection feels better! It's rough when the baby wakes you up and you can't get back to sleep.  I look forward to seeing some of your crafted stuff in the crochet forum (crochet is definitely easier with babies than knitting. I've lost whole projects from my toddlers taking out my knitting needles and pulling on the knitting.  At least with crochet, I only lose one stitch at a time.)  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
trinnie_doo

i'm from CO! gotta love South Park!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007 07:50:29 AM »

Where in CO will you be?  I'm in CO Springs!  You'll love it up here...although i wish the rain would stop for a couple of days...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetAdikt

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007 08:04:32 PM »

Welcome to Craftster!  I have a friend who moved to Colorado from Michigan a few years ago. She thought it was really beautiful there.  Smiley

I hope your sinus infection feels better! It's rough when the baby wakes you up and you can't get back to sleep.  I look forward to seeing some of your crafted stuff in the crochet forum (crochet is definitely easier with babies than knitting. I've lost whole projects from my toddlers taking out my knitting needles and pulling on the knitting.  At least with crochet, I only lose one stitch at a time.)  Wink

both mi and co are beautiful for diff reasons, i will def miss mi because of the variety of trees and the lush green grass and the beaches. and i will love co because of the mountains and the variety of things to do out there and of course because of the celestial seasonings tea factory! lol j/k Smiley
Hey there! 

Congrats on Rosalyn (beautiful name, by the way!).  Can't wait to see some of your crochet projects.  I'd love to learn, but it's not "taking" with me either.  Hmph!

Michigan to Colorado is quite a move!  Wonder why you're moving there?

thank you, her full name is rosalyn jade which is what we call her most of the time...it just seems to fit so well. and i'm moving b/c my lover man is out there. he got a job in co and moved from mi also but he had ta set up housing out there b/f i could pick up and leave esp with a baby. i haven't seen him in almost 3 months so i can't wait to get out there!
Where in CO will you be?  I'm in CO Springs!  You'll love it up here...although i wish the rain would stop for a couple of days...

i will be living in lakewood-heard of it? i guess its like 20 min outside of denver...i think co springs is about 45 min from there or am i wrong...i'm awful with remembering places...btw got any ideas about fighting altitude sickness? i get it everytime i go there...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007 08:14:24 PM by CrochetAdikt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

meanderingartist

Gotta love Gary Larson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007 08:39:50 PM »

Welcome Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC 100 Themes Challenge  13/100
trinnie_doo

i'm from CO! gotta love South Park!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007 07:45:55 AM »

i will be living in lakewood-heard of it? i guess its like 20 min outside of denver...i think co springs is about 45 min from there or am i wrong...i'm awful with remembering places...btw got any ideas about fighting altitude sickness? i get it everytime i go there...

yeah! lakewood is right outside of dener...you'll like it.  we're about 60 miles south, but it's a quick easy drive...

altitude sickness...your best bet is take things slow until you get used to it.  that's what i had to do when i moved up here.  it took me about a month to get used to it, now i have a hard time when i'm not around altitude...pm me if you need anything!  i'm just around the corner
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007 01:09:11 PM »

Small world.  I think Lakewood is where my friend moved to, too.   Smiley   Unfortunately, she's moved twice since then, so giving you her name won't be much help. 

Good luck with the move!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Workspaces, Location Tracking and Slide Shows
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - File Naming Inside the Bridge
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Manage Your Images
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Showing Off New Features
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to View Thumbnail Metadata and Labeling
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...