A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 304,879
Currently Running With Scissors:
691 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix knits!!  (Read 16354 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Oublei
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2007 03:18:19 AM »

I REALLY want Ron's plaid sweater. I swear it looks knit, but, my god! The work that would go into doing that! Anyone here try knitting plaid? I haven't done a sweater yet, but I'm an ass and try the hardest thing as my first project, so I may have to jump in and try it...

I WANTWANTWANT George and Fred's heart sweaters with cables on the collar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clicksticks
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2007 06:20:43 AM »

I think one of the early issues of Magknits had a plaid sweater or vest in it--you could probably look at that for tips on plaid knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Studio Marlowe  Knitting patterns, etc.
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2007 08:07:55 AM »

I REALLY want Ron's plaid sweater. I swear it looks knit, but, my god! The work that would go into doing that! Anyone here try knitting plaid? I haven't done a sweater yet, but I'm an ass and try the hardest thing as my first project, so I may have to jump in and try it...

I WANTWANTWANT George and Fred's heart sweaters with cables on the collar.

I think the plaid top is a fleece, or at least the plaid bit is - in the one the photos it looks kinda tufty...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2007 10:35:34 AM »

Has anyone seen this sweater? http://michaelthompson.org/phoenix/szluna-lovegood.jpgIs it from the movie also, or is it just from a promotional photo? It looks like the same color as the one she wears in the film, but this one is a cabled sweater. It's pretty yummy if I do say so myself. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
chucklikesart
RADTASTIC!

Cross my heart and kiss my elbow.

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2007 12:02:54 PM »

That's a promotional image from right after they announced that she (Evanna Lynch) would be playing Luna, about a year ago. I do like the sweater,  though-- I have one almost exactly like it from Delia's, but mine is the same color as her skirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Inara
I am cute little bunny. I pose no threat to society

It's hard to work in groups when you're omnipotent

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2007 06:44:04 PM »

I REALLY want Ron's plaid sweater. I swear it looks knit, but, my god! The work that would go into doing that! Anyone here try knitting plaid?

I've tried it, and I have to say I highly recommend just knitting the horizontal stripes, then add the verticals later with duplicate stitch or slip stitch.

Personally, I want the vest that Ginny's wearing as they're getting on the train at the end.  Nice thing about being a redhead - if it looks good on a Weasley, it'll look good on me  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sleep beckons. Also waves. Also makes threatening gestures and hops up and down until I notice. - Neil Gaiman

http://effulgentstudios.etsy.com
http://inara-knits.blogspot.com
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2007 11:38:02 PM »

Ginny has loads of great knitwear in this film! I haven't been able to find piccys of alot of it though. There's a little golden shrug she wears that is gorgeous and a granny square embellished brown cardigan thingy too.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oublei
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2007 01:09:12 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions/general replies. :]

I feel silly for not paying more attention to what Ginny was wearing. I keep hearing about this gold top she's wearing and I have no recollection of it!

I do like Hermione's grey sweater with pastel stripes, but I would not wear it. Ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2007 11:58:11 AM »

found another photo of Luna's "waffle stitch sweater" It's a bit closer up...hope it's helpful here's the link
http://www.bonniewrightonline.com/galleries/displayimage.php?pid=2779&fullsize=1
In the same picture Ginny is wearing a really cute fair ilse sweater (from when their inside the ministry), Ron is in his plaid jumper, and Hermoine is wearing the grey striped sweater. Anyways I hope this is useful to someone. I love the sweater ginny and luna are wearing...I just need to get some supplies and get to it I suppose...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
*knitasaurous

OMG.A giant sheet of styrofoam is going to eat me!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2007 02:58:48 PM »

I think Luna's waffle stich sweater probably has a hood, because in the high res photos of them in the ministry, the collar is pulled back to much to not be being pulled back by the weight of a hood, as opposed to being a shawl collar, although the weight of her hair could've had something to do with the collar being pulled back, if it was a shawl collar. And that was a really long sentence. After I watched the costume drama, I was kind of sad that the didn't talk about the knitting! Although, as the host was walking through the racks, you could see one sleeve of the lavender sweater Luna wears in the forest (It stuck out, cause it was like this light purple and everything around it was dark reds, greens, browns, etc). I looked up the French angora they used for Umbridge (I think) and it's like 20 bucks per 131 yards, so that sweater's bloody expensive (yes, I am American. My family, however, is supposedly related to Anne Boleyn,and both my parents say bloody all the time) I love Ginny's ministry sweater, but it's kinda insane. Fair Isle and lace at the same time. Luna's scarf looks to be filet crochet(say it with me- 'feeLAY kroSHAY') and is varigated blue/grey, like some one made it ,dyed it grey and the accidentally splashed pale blue dye on it and they thought it looked Lunaish. The teardrop scarves from Knitscene do look a lot like it, only wider and with a pointy edging...and beads. And this is probably the longest post I've ever done,wich says A) how obsessive I am about Harry Potter (I read the book in four and a half hours and was bawling at the end) B)How obsessive I am about costumes and C) that I ramble. Nuff said.
Thank you And good... 3 Pm, i guess? Afternoon? not night, I know that much... see what I said about the rambling?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bad podcaster, no cookie!

knitasaurous= the knitting dinosaur that will eat you for calling it a grandma
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 1
Object of the Game in Backgammon
Pieces of the Board in Backgammon
The Basics of Backgammon
Playing Darts - Keeping Score
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...