A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix knits!!  (Read 15595 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mackymoo
« on: July 11, 2007 01:10:45 AM »

Who's seen the new Harry Potter movie yet? I was squeeing over the knits the whole movie. This seriously went beyond the whole house scarves and Weasley sweaters. Hermione had some lovely sweaters, Luna had some great crocheted things... and when they all went to Hogsmeade in their winter gear...! Also Umbridge and her office looked like an explosion of pink funfur. So delightfully tacky. I was already starting to think of patterns on the drive home. What did you guys think? Anyone have any good pictures?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009 10:14:38 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Made title more descriptive » THIS ROCKS   Logged

yellowsky
yellowsky

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007 06:22:46 AM »

sorry to say that i have no crazy patterns as of yet. but i totally agree the knitting/crocheting in this movie was off the frickin hook. (haha)how ridiculously awesome were mrs. weasley's christmas gifts? she is for sure my knitting role model. 

heres a pic i found of hermiones sweater
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&q=harry+potter+and+the+order+of+the+phoenix+cast+&btnG=Search+Images

THIS ROCKS   Logged
clicksticks
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007 09:03:22 AM »

I haven't seen the movie yet, but Hermione/Emma Watson is wearing a really neat looking cream sweater with a patterned yoke in some of the still shots and previews--I think I might try making something like that sometime!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Studio Marlowe  Knitting patterns, etc.
onlydodobird
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007 01:17:13 PM »

I saw it last night at a midnight showing and I agree that the knitted stuff was AMAZING! When they were at the Hog's Head I was going through and making mental notes of what hats, scarves, and sweaters I liked. I LOVE the Weasley scarves. Once I find a still of that scene, I'm making the twin's scarves and Mr. Weasley's scarf. Very amazing knitting in this movie. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KaeMarie
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007 01:35:30 PM »

I so seriously want the hat Mrs. Weasley made for Harry at Christmas.  The coat that Sirius was wearing when he saw Harry off from the train station was pretty wickedly awesome too, even though it wasn't knitted (so unfortunate!) Ron and Neville's sweaters (vest in Nevilles case) are definately on my to-knit list.  (I bear a certain fondness for geeks in sweater vests.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, we'd have peace. -John Lennon

A dream alone is just a dream, a dream together is a reality. -Yoko Ono
spicecarrie
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007 08:32:33 PM »

Mrs. Weasley's Christmas gifts were definitely awesome! Especially the twin's scarves. I also liked Luna's purple crochet jacket/cape, even though I don't crochet.  A couple of Ron and Ginny's hats were great too. So much to knit!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

caledonia_mission
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007 09:33:12 PM »

I LOVED the sweater Neville was wearing when he found the Room of Requirement.  Subtle fair isle with accentuated raglan shaping?  I need to make me one of those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The dog is barking out back; he thinks he's in the band.

http://calamity-rach.blogspot.com
xx_bumblebee_xx
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007 07:31:48 AM »

I was hopping I wasn't the only one entranced by all the wonderful knit stuff. I almost died in Hogmeade when everyone was wearing beautiful knit hats and scarfs, etc. I thought the movie was the best yet. Most of the stuff, knit-wise, looked really simple but really good at the same time. Can't wait until people start finding or creating patterns for this movie!!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clicksticks
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007 10:43:15 AM »

Okay, so I found a few shots of that cream sweater Hermione wears and made myself an excel color chart this morning.  I seriously think I am going to rip it off!  Maybe add some similar patterning around the wrists and bottom of the body so it's not miles and miles of stockinette in the round.  Has anyone used the Palette yarn from Knitpicks?  It seems like it'd be about the right weight and since this is a fairly simply FI pattern (colorwise, at least) I think the color range of Palette would be up to the job.

My only concern is that I'd probably have a light colored sweater like that discoloured in no time!  Maybe I'll invert the coloring and make it a dark brown body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Studio Marlowe  Knitting patterns, etc.
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007 02:07:45 PM »

I really liked the lace sweater Umbridge was wearing at one point (not the scary fluffy one, teehee).  If I can find a picture of it, I don't think it would be too hard to make some similar lace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Breakfast Recipe
Trifecta Mac N’Cheese Recipe
How to Make Salty Snack Medley
How to Make Smothered Potatoes
How to Make a Ahi Tuna Hawaiian Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...