A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Once You Pop You Can't Stop Swap #4 Gallery  (Read 24053 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarush
« Reply #220 on: August 18, 2007 07:16:02 PM »

Yo yo yo--

I have decided to give myself an ulcer and color-coded all the pairings on the first page of this thread. Please go check it out and let me know if there are any errors. Ma Rut, maybe the first page will help you keep count, ha  Wink

I know dogsarecool and I have been sending PM's like crazy to people who may have received and not sent photos or people who have said they're sending late but have not since updated, etc. etc. etc. Hopefully the color codings don't have too many mistakes, but if you see any, let me know so I can fix it!

We're almost done with the swap... I hope you've all had fun. I love all the stuff everyone is getting.

Also, since the swap is almost done and dogsarecool and I have been doling out feedback (ha, really it's all Liz because the swap feedback form hates me), let us know if you've had any issues (good or bad) with the swap process, this swap, your partners, your organizers or anything like that. We'd appreciate the feedback because it will tell us what to put in the "comments" section and what we can change for future swaps.

Wow, this is so ramblish. I'll end now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ craft log ] [ wists ]

my job is sending me to training in the dc area from october to march. great for the career and social life but bad for the crafting.
milwjamie
« Reply #221 on: August 19, 2007 10:50:21 AM »

Hey!! I was partnered with carebear4890, and she asked me to post photos for her, so here they are!

Here is a shot of everything from the can on my lovely carpet Smiley

Shot with EX-Z600 at 2007-08-19

Included in the can:
--Fabric drawstring bag for her dance shoes
--Beaded bracelet/necklace (It can be worn either way)
--Felt flower headband/necklace/bracelet
--Stitched personalized notebook
--3 flower pens
--Round mirror featuring Aranzi Aronzo characters (sorry if I spelled the name wrong!)
--Felt keychain, muffin character on one side, strawberry character on the other
--Polymer clay cupcake and ice cream sandwich charms
--A few sheets of origami paper, and misc. other craft stuff!

here are close ups of some stuff...

The other side of the keychain:

The felt flower headband (I think this is my favorite item!):

I actually might make some of the felt flowers for my cousins for xmas.
I had a lot of fun with this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheLilCrocheter
Crochet Dork :P

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 19, 2007 11:33:01 AM »

love all of the stuff in that can@!!!!

- i sent to teartear and she has received so i guess it's time for pics!

i sent her an apron,(love this quote!)
it says "You can help by getting out of my kitchen"
a pot holder / hot mat,
front
back

nutritional magnets,

and some more magnets!

even though the apron was really the BIG item in the can, the pot holder definately took A LOT more work since i don't really sew that much. I'm so glad you like it teartear and i would absolutely love any comments from anyone Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you can complain because roses have thorns or you can rejoice because thorns have roses.

You can't be on TOP if all you do is sit on your BOTTOM

Ipod Cozy Swap : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=200883.msg2135687#msg2135687
yamwam
« Reply #223 on: August 20, 2007 05:22:29 AM »

I've received from yamwam!

I am some kind of nut who didn't find the gallery until now. Sorry! Yes, survey was correct, those sticks are full of honey. Cinnamon-flavoured honey. You can cut them open and drink the contents alone... if you're a hummingbird. My favourite use is as sweetener for black tea. Delicious.

I'm glad you liked everything sarush! Thank you to you and dogsarecool for doing a fantastic job organizing this fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
sarush
« Reply #224 on: August 20, 2007 07:12:18 AM »

You can cut them open and drink the contents alone... if you're a hummingbird.

I am trying very hard not to laugh out loud while sitting at my desk at work. Yes, I plan to use them for tea Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ craft log ] [ wists ]

my job is sending me to training in the dc area from october to march. great for the career and social life but bad for the crafting.
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #225 on: August 20, 2007 09:15:03 AM »

Flying Betty asked me to post the pics I took of the can I sent to her as her camera is "in a box somewhere"  Cheesy

So .. here it is !

Group shot

Closeup of the can

The purchased items including transfers, stickers, stamps and polymer clay texture sheets

And the crafted items including a Ravenclaw scarf bookmark, a snitch bookmark, a little octopus, pouch with many pockets and earrings
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
yamwam
« Reply #226 on: August 20, 2007 08:33:22 PM »

Received a totally awesome can from one of our gallant organizers, dogsarecool! She stepped in after my original partner had to drop out. I told her my favourite colours and how my hero is Martha Stewart (hereafter called Marthy), and she took those facts and ran.

The haul, clockwise from bottom left: pretty Marthy stickers; Tazo teabags (I've never had these, but I've always wondered about them); brightly coloured beaded stitch markers in a (I think) Marthy matchbox; two Marthy permanent markers in my favourite colours; a bit of cool rickrack; a sparkly dangly earring in another Marthy matchbox (other earring not pictured); a lovely beaded bookmark; and a big fat bag of miscellaneous useful bits and bobs. Hurrah!

The can and a zippered clutch with a wristband. How adorable is that polka-dot ribbon with the little button adornments? Awwwwww.

Lining fabric. I don't think I got the colours quite right, but you get the idea. And all the circle/dot patterns tie together. It's all in the details, man.

Thank you very much dogsarecool, I love it all!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010 10:58:52 AM by lapoli - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #227 on: August 20, 2007 08:36:09 PM »

I told her my favourite colours and how my hero is Martha Stewart (hereafter called Marthy), and she took those facts and ran.

Me too! Hail Martha!!! Grin

Very pretty goodies!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007 08:36:57 PM by Ma Rut » THIS ROCKS   Logged

fezzle
« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2007 09:15:16 PM »

Tazo tea is GREAT- you'll love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myklia
« Reply #229 on: August 21, 2007 02:36:23 AM »

So much great stuff.  Some of my favorites from the most recent cans are the felt flower headband that milwjamie received, the pot holder that TheLilCrocheter made, I love the how Ariaya designed her can and  I love the pouch that yamyam received.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Christy Haubegger: The Feminist Badge
Christy Haubegger: Latinas in the Mastheads
Christy Haubegger: Typos
Christy Haubegger: Adopted by a Tall Blond Family
Christy Haubegger: Founder, Latina Magazine
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...