A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 308
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's for supper?  (Read 194344 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1410 on: August 13, 2008 02:22:39 PM »

Taco soup tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1411 on: August 13, 2008 03:04:58 PM »

Meatball soup with ?  I think whole wheat bread sticks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mizz.blondes
Must keep shopping!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1412 on: August 13, 2008 04:03:58 PM »

veggie burger fries and corn Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mother, Shake a Tale Feather is a wild song. It's got a good beat and you can dance to it!

There are certain shades of limelight that can wreck a girl's complexion.
                  -Audrey Hepburn
semicharm86

You met me at a really strange time in my life.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1413 on: August 13, 2008 05:24:00 PM »

I just moved into my new place with my fiance and now that we are offically done unpacking, I've had tons of time to cook yummy dinners! These are some of my favorites from the past week..
-Pasta with homemade meat sauce (with lots of fresh veggies and stuff in it also)
-Pork chops in mushroom gravy, roasted red skin potatoes, broccoli
-An Italian chicken and potato bake that I found a recipie for in a Taste of Home magazine.
-Pesto chicken with bowtie noodles, baby carrots
-breaded pork chops with these awesome green beans (frozen french cut green beans and fresh mushrooms sauted in olive oil, a package of ranch dressing mix stirred in, and bacon crumbles on top! the ranch dressing mix is awesome with mushrooms and green beans. it's sooo easy too!)
 and tonight, i'm making beef enchalladas and spanish rice with garden fresh tomatoes and onions!! yum!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1414 on: August 13, 2008 05:56:32 PM »

My 14 year old son went on a 'walk about' when I was supposed to be picking him up from the movies today. Roll Eyes
So I made him cook.  Grin He is trying to learn to cook any way, so it was not much punishment.  Cheesy

Chicken and mixed veggies cooked together in yellow rice.

Tomorrow will be hamburger soup.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #1415 on: August 13, 2008 10:25:52 PM »

We went to farmer's market tonight and got some curry and this yummy afghan flat bread thing with spinach and a cilantro pesto spread. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rottenlittleboys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1416 on: August 14, 2008 05:57:47 AM »

We went to farmer's market tonight and got some curry and this yummy afghan flat bread thing with spinach and a cilantro pesto spread. 

*iz so jealous* Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeesaLove
« Reply #1417 on: August 14, 2008 07:43:39 AM »

My DH got called to leave town for a last minute business trip so I made chili/cream cheese chip dip and vegged out on the (new) couch while watching the Olympics. Life isn't too bad without him around!
Every once in a while my best friends daughter will "cook dinner"f or us. She will make that chilli dip in a pyrex pie plate in microwave.  And we wil have it for dinner. We justify it because we use celery & baby carrots to scoop copious amounts of chili/creamcheese/chedder mix inot our faces. Hey we are eating it with celery so it must be ok.  lol  Grin

It's sausage meat rolled up in puff pastry, brushed with beaten egg, then baked.  Maybe it's a british thing...?
  PinsnNeedles that looks reallygood. I will have to try making those. One with a salad wouldn't be so bad a meal!! They I go justifying again!! 

JLoveG & RottenLittleBoys : what do you put in your meatball soup & Taco soup?

Last night I had more roasted green beans & a couple pieces of stew meat.  Then latewr at a freinds house we had peaches & vanilla ice cream.

I tihnk tonight will be sweet potoao fries & a slice of grilled ham. prob more green beans too.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008 07:51:25 AM by LeesaLove » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1418 on: August 14, 2008 10:00:03 AM »

LessaLove, it is a very simple recipe.

I use regular, browned hamburger, even though the recipe calls for meatballs, I prefer the other way.

So, ingredients are:
Hamburger
2-4 potatoes *depending on size
3-4 carrots
1 onion
1-2 stalks celery
Beef broth
Tomato paste
Basil, about 1 teaspoon
Oil for sauteing

Chop the onion and celery into small bits. Chop potatoes and carrots into small, inch size pieces. You can leave the potato pieces slightly larger than the carrot as they cook quicker.

Saute the onions and celery until they are glistening. Brown hamburger in onion and celery mix, drain off fat; return to pot.

Add potatoes, carrots, beef broth, tomato paste and basil. Top off with hot water to cover, stir to mix tomato paste into liquid, turn to medium, cover and let cook.  Do keep an eye on this the first time you make it as it cooks quite quickly for such a flavorful soup.

I can get this knocked out in about 45 minutes at most from pulling the potatoes and onions out of the pantry to setting down to eat. We eat this with a quick cornbread too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeesaLove
« Reply #1419 on: August 15, 2008 08:26:24 AM »

Rottenlittleboys that soup sounds gread, think I will make a batch of that next week.   =)

Last night I ended up having  oven baked sweet pototo fries  & green beans. My neice & nephew came to visit and ate my ham steak.  lol   they are like bottemless pits.

Tonight is prob gonna be  a slice of pizza & salad. Working a double from home today 9am - 12 mid ... so I am calling for  delivery.

Sat my neice & are going to do some cooking, she likes to try to put together  healthy meals form stuff from Dollar Generall or Dollar Tree. She is getting pretty good at it too. Getting better with spices & stuff too.
Sunday my other nieice has requested that we make muffins & rice crispy treats. =)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2008 10:42:30 AM by LeesaLove » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 308 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pink Slime
How to Make Slime
How to Make Red Playdough
How to Make Blue Plasticine
How to Make a Realistic Fake Beard
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...