A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 308
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's for supper?  (Read 159819 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crochetedkitten
« Reply #1400 on: August 10, 2008 03:08:16 PM »

Last night we had white rice (steamed in chicken broth instead of water) steamed corn on the cob, grilled chicken and apple crisp. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life Is Short, Crochet Naked!
Buttermilk
All I wish is that my side of the story may be told. Kintpuash of the Modoc tribe, 1873

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1401 on: August 11, 2008 05:53:52 PM »

Oh sinful me
Sausage, gravy, biscuits with real butter, tomatoes from the garden, home-made cherry pie with ice cream.

But I did drink ice water.

*bloat*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GenaG
« Reply #1402 on: August 11, 2008 06:49:31 PM »

Actually tonight I had 5 of the Morning Star Farms bufflow wings with Blue Cheese dressing and some watermelon. The other night was my husbands and I's 1st wedding anniversary and I made his fav. Shrimp Alfredo. It was very easy to make, so easy my husband has made it for me. This time I took it one step ahead and made my own homemade alfredo sauce. NOT LOW FAT! LOL... but FULL of goodness

Here's how

TC's ummm good Shrimp (recipe is from my husband's friend TC)- marinate in 1 Amber Bock (or other fav. dark beer) for 1hr. Remove and lay out on cookie sheet or butcher paper or whatever you have, just so long as they are separated and flat. Then sprinkle with Emeril's Bayou Blast (or other fav. creole seasoning) and allow to set in fridge for another hour. After that toss all shrimp in a frying pan with approx. a tablespoon of butter. Cook for approx. 5mins until shrimp turn white. The shrimp are great alone like this or you can now add them to the alfredo sauce.

Alfredo Sauce- Adjust measurments as needed, they are really only "Suggestions" anyways. LOL. Whatever you do, don't heat above Med. or higher heat. Cook on LOW! Melt 1/2 cup butter in sauce pan over LOW. Then add in 2 cloves of crushed garlic cloves, 2 cups of heavy cream, 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper, and simmer. Be sure to stir constantly and cook until it "thickens" (mine never did really "thicken" and I also added some salt and a lot of black pepper to taste). Next add in 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (not the process imitation stuff, like the REAL cheese) and simmer for 10mins. Then add in 3/4 cup of Mozerella cheese and stir until melted well (approx. 10mins.) It sounds intensive but it is really easy and quick and soooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo much better than the sauce from the jars.

Now just boil your noodles and you have din din..... ummm good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeesaLove
« Reply #1403 on: August 12, 2008 10:34:04 AM »

Sunday: we all went out for dinner. I had a slice of pizza & grilled chicken salad with incredible homemade greek dressing.
Monday: I marrinated chicken in the rest of the dressing (brought abt half the salad home & asked for an extra side of dressing lol   tasty stuff!! ) from Sunday cooked that in a skellet with some green & yellow string beans. had concord grape home made jello for dessert.

Today: is my crock pot day. Making stewed tomatoes (from http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/search/label/vegetarian ).    UPDATE: Tomtoes were incredible, I used less butter than called for, I greased crock with butter then used 2 pats butter in crock. . I  could have eaten MUCH more than I did, I doubled the recipe. SO GOOD!!  I also added basil, & a bit of minced garlic. I used juice fofrm tomatoe cans to cook long grain rice. Had the tomatoes, & the oninions from stew over rice... a BIG bowl.

In other half of my divided crock pot making beef stew, very basic: stew meat, a bottle of beer, a couple whole onions, (don't like to freeze them, weird texture, leave whole so I can fish out) lots of baby carrots. I will take lid off to thicken gravy towards the end. I'll freeze up in smaller contaners.  then as I eat it I'll more veggies in each serving.  UPDATE:[/b] The rgravy (er...beer) wasn;t thickening at all....I should say I did drege meat in flour, salt & pepper & quickly brown in skillet before adding to crock pot. I scooped out abt 4 oz of the juices, gravy & shook that with pepper, & 2 table spoonsflour. then slowly stirred it back into crock pot. That did the trick to thicken it up a bit. I used one bottle of Sarnac Wheat Beer. Made for tasty gravy!!

In my smaller crock pot I have 11 granny smith apples chopped, a couple pats of butter, lots of cinnamon, a handfull of dried cherries &  a handfull of peacans.  I will keep that in fridge to heat up & eat for breakfast  or eat cold as a snack. I find just 2 or 3 pats of butter (it's a 6 qt crock)  is enough  to give it what it needs... with ot adding a ton of fat.  this is my first tiem making with out brown sugar.... we will see how that goes, I usually add just a couple tablespoons, but teyinh with out it this time.   UPDATE: Way to full to try apples, will have some tomorrow for breakfast.

So dinner tonight will be stewed tomatoes over steamed rice & chicken from mon.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008 04:09:27 PM by LeesaLove » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cinnamon teal
« Reply #1404 on: August 12, 2008 12:47:45 PM »

The fam is in town and I'm hosting dinner tonight.  I'm going to make crockpot chili, cornbread, and I'm going to try out a recipe for watermelon sorbet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinsNneedles
« Reply #1405 on: August 12, 2008 01:18:13 PM »

Tonight I made sausage rolls just like how my mum used to make them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeesaLove
« Reply #1406 on: August 12, 2008 04:12:36 PM »

cinnamon teal    Chilli & corn bread is one of my fav meals. Any special tricks for your Chilli?  I have been adding fire roasted corn the last couple times I have made it.

pinsNneedles    Whats a sausage roll?? Is that saugage cooked in a bread dough??  Or like a cabbage roll with sausage in it??   I'll bet it's tasty either way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #1407 on: August 12, 2008 04:57:20 PM »

LeesaLove, today ended up being really different from a normal Tuesday thus no crockpot. I was really missing it when I walked in the door to an empty house and no dinner.

My DH got called to leave town for a last minute business trip so I made chili/cream cheese chip dip and vegged out on the (new) couch while watching the Olympics. Life isn't too bad without him around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinsNneedles
« Reply #1408 on: August 13, 2008 11:49:42 AM »

pinsNneedles    Whats a sausage roll?? Is that saugage cooked in a bread dough??  Or like a cabbage roll with sausage in it??   I'll bet it's tasty either way!

It's sausage meat rolled up in puff pastry, brushed with beaten egg, then baked.  Maybe it's a british thing...?

Just for you LeesaLove, I've taken a pic of one of my sausage rolls!  It's cold so it looks a bit wrinkly.  They're best when they're fresh out the oven.

Tonight's meal was much healthier than this!  We had grilled salmon that had been marinated in herbs, lemon on butter.  Served with cous cous, runner beans and tomato salad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sunnydays914
« Reply #1409 on: August 13, 2008 01:40:49 PM »

It's sausage meat rolled up in puff pastry, brushed with beaten egg, then baked.  Maybe it's a british thing...?

It's not just a British thing! My mom makes it and it was one of the first things that she taught me to make before I moved out on my own. I <3 Brinner! (Breakfast for Dinner).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 308 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stephen Hunter Talks About Dead Zero
Joseph Maroon Explains the Correct Dosage for Resveratrol
Meet Author Matthew Reilly
Liza Marklund Talks About Writing Crime Novels
Meet Dr. Joseph Maroon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...