We had Stouffer's chicken pot pies last night - they were pretty good. I took a night off from cooking, lol
Today I am making a recipe I got from a friend:
Chicken Breast with Creamy Chive Sauce
1-2 lbs. Boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins (Depends on size of your family)
1/4 cup flour
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 large shallots (Or one medium onion)
1/2 cup white wine
1 14 oz can reduced fat chicken broth (or use bouillon with 1.5 cups water)
1/3 cup low fat sour cream
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup chives
1) Flatten chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap till about 1/2 inch thick. (I just bought thin chicken breasts, so I skipped this step.)
2) Dredge chicken in 1/4 cup flour coating chicken lightly.
3) Heat the 2 tsps olive oil in a large non-stick skillet (med-high heat) and add chicken. Let cook about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and keep warm. (I put them on a plate and covered with foil.)
4) Add the remaining tsp of olive oil to skillet over med-hi heat. Add shallots and cook stirring constantly until golden brown scraping up any brown bits. About 1 to 2 minutes.
5) Add wine and bring to a boil stirring often.
6) Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Cook at a simmer until the chicken is heated thru and no longer pink. About 6 minutes.
7) Stir in sour cream, mustard, and broth until smooth. Turn the chicken to coat with the sauce.
Stir in chives and serve immediately.
Serve over penne, egg noodles, or rice (whatever you prefer)
Serve with a salad or veggie - maybe asparagus so you can pour the sauce on it as well.
I am looking forward to making this today.