A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,204
Currently Running With Scissors:
442 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 308
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What's for supper?  (Read 175377 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady_cyanide
too weird to live, too rare to die.

hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name <3

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2007 09:42:53 AM »

I like to post the next day. I get so sleepy after I eat. Grin Seems like last night was fish night for everyone. WIP what kind of fish did you have? And what about the pumpkin?

Last night was baked breaded tilapia fillets. Lemon scented brown rice. Sauteed baby spinach w/ garlic and lemon. Oh and a little squirt of lemon on the the fish when it was done.

tilapia is my favorite fish EVER.
my fiance marinates them in italian dressing along with other seasonings...i believe lemon pepper and garlic powder for fish. it's the same process for other meats, italian dressing marinade and whatever seasonings suit the meat. he usually tells me "get out the kitchen, it's a suprise!" and then when it's time to taste we play "guess what i seasoned the meat with."

lol is it just me or did that sound a little dirty?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a pile of shit has a thousand eyes.
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2007 09:44:52 AM »

I love tilapia! My favorite fish too!

The fish was salmon and I don't know how my mom made the pumpkin. I think she just seasoned it and that's it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
poo head

I didn't really drop my baby! No hate mail!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2007 10:00:18 AM »

Tilapia is my favorite too. Not too fishy. Although last night I kinda under-cooked it so it was more fishy than normal.

Lady_Cyanida: I've done chicken & steak w/ Italian dressing, but I never even thought to do fish!

Maybe if I did that, the hubby wouldn't insist on slathering on mass amounts of ketchup! I loathe ketchup. I make this nicely seasoned fish and he acts like I heated up frozen fish sticks! That's what I get for giving in and putting bread crumbs on everything.

WIPs: I've only had pumpkin pie and pumpkin cookies. Now I must try a more savory version of pumpkin. Yum! Off to search for pumpkin recipes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to do a personal swap for any boyish nursery print flannels! I can send polymer clay charms, purses, paper crafts, microscope slide pendant kit, and a lot more.

~My Inspiration~
~Benjamin Reed~
~11.8.07~

wist me away
♥personal swaps♥
Kaissa
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007 12:41:13 PM »

ohh pumpkin. I'm going to go search for pumpkin recipes too. Cheesy

..and now I want tilapia for tonight's dinner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007 12:48:28 PM »

Now I want pumpkin pie! My mom makes the best pumpkin pie...from the can. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysnewproject
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007 02:17:54 PM »

My parents are getting back from vacation (living up here over the summer) so I figured I'd make fancy food:
Gnocchi with pesto
Maybe some sort of salad.

I need a protein.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am squeezing the Disney magic right now.
Nyx_slittleDemon
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2007 04:13:29 PM »

last night we had deep fried zuccinii in drakes batter...(SO good) and tilapia oddly enough....lol
i didnt like the fish much tho..which is odd cuz i love fish..or any seafood..so i dont know..hummm BUT

today we are having chicken..eathier it will be ODed in lemon pepper..very good OR deep fried in drakes...(i like drakes lol)

also since i just found this post thought i would say what i had the day before too...lol
it was hamburger mixed in with mac and cheese (velveta) and mashed potatoes...i put the mac on top of the pototaoes and its REALLY good..its like hamburger helper kinda but way less salt and better for you..and the boyfriend who wont pick anything likes it SO it works...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poo head

I didn't really drop my baby! No hate mail!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2007 06:38:40 PM »

I'll post for tonight since we ate early. We had BBQ boneless skinless chicken breasts in the oven. Mashed red potatoes w/ garlic & cheddar cheese. And I took a note from Kaissa's meal the other night and had frozen broccoli w/ garlic & cheddar cheese.

Nyx_slittleDemon: What is "drakes batter"? I'm intrigued!

~ I have a question. Since finding out I was pregnant I've been trying to eat more meat. I've only ever eaten chicken, turkey, fish, and Arby's roast beef. Cheesy For me it's more of a texture thing. Well anyway back to the question. The husband thinks I should try pork, but just the idea of it kinda grosses me out. Any suggestions for pork that will have a chicken-like texture/taste??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to do a personal swap for any boyish nursery print flannels! I can send polymer clay charms, purses, paper crafts, microscope slide pendant kit, and a lot more.

~My Inspiration~
~Benjamin Reed~
~11.8.07~

wist me away
♥personal swaps♥
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2007 06:55:34 PM »

I want to know what drakes batter is too!

Poohead-No suggestions for pork. We rarely eat it. Sorry!
Your mashed potatoes sound really good!

Tonight we're having Mexican short ribs (frozen), Spicy Buffalo Wings (frozen), and carrots and celery with dip.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaissa
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2007 07:42:05 PM »

tonight... meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans  Grin

poo head - the only suggestion I have for pork is to throw a pork roast in a crockpot all day, then shred it up with BBQ sauce and put it on buns, or mix it up with green chilis and salsa and have it on tortillas.  I'm not a big pork fan either so those are the only two ways I will eat it. Cooking it all day then shredding it kind of gives it a texture like shredded chicken. As a bonus, it makes a TON, so you can freeze some up for later.

I don't know what drake's batter is either. I googled it and found a website - it's fry mix, which doesn't explain a lot (at least not to me), but it sounds yummy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 308 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Keira Knightley Makeup Tutorial
Emma Watson Makeup Tutorial
False Eyelashes in Less Than 5 Minutes
Twist-N-Roll Tweezer Review
Watch Us Try Oil Pulling
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...