A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
465 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: kitty bed  (Read 4536 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

itscribe
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2005 12:23:05 PM »

Miss Dottie,

In between making hats and scarves, I've been working on the bed. It seems so big and it's only about 20" around. I'm so glad crazydoglady posted before and after felting shots with her cat- gave perspective that I'm on the right track.

To be honest I haven't been following your pattern, I've just been making a big circle; increasing where it seems needed.

I've been looking around for a bed to make my favorite feline, but so many of them (either sewed or crochet/knit) did not appeal to me or looked like something you would hide when company would come.

Thank you for providing this pattern. I love the gallery on your home page of all of the happy recipients of your project.

scribe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Dottie
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2005 07:50:43 PM »

Scribe,

I'm sure your kitty bed will rock and your gato will spend the rest of the winter in its cozy wool felted goodness! I wish I could take credit for the pattern, but alas no--it's the talented Wendy who has a great blog called wendyknits.net--check it out!

And when you are finished, please post pictures of it! I'm sure it's just gorgeous!

What colors are you using?

Miss Dottie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itscribe
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2005 10:01:41 AM »

I found some grey Candide I had picked up somewhere - probably yard sale/thrift. One full skein/hank and several pieces. I found a smallish skein of rust - another ys/t find, was most likely intended for embroidery; but does have quite a bit. Based on the speed at which the Candide is disappearing, I purchased some dark blue of a brand that escapes me at the moment.

Mom informed me she wanted a scarf to go with her new hat, so poor Miss Kitty's going to have to wait a little longer.

Would love to share a finished product, but a digi just isn't in the budget right now. Know anyone who needs a Tech Writer/Business Analyst?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lisascenic
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2005 11:16:07 AM »

I was just thinking about buying a kitty bed....but this is so much better!

Did you take a peek at the felted catnip mouse-pigs I posted elsewhere?  Great scrap yarn project, and the kitties love 'em!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=20858.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Dottie
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2005 08:51:28 PM »

I love this pattern! I made my BIL the kitty bed from SNB and it took for.ev.er. This took much less time and I LOVE the way it turned out!

I used Lopi 100% Icelandic yarn and some fun fur trim.

The cat this is for (and who's posing in it) is Spike, a stray cat I took in and who I just got adopted. She is truly the sweetest cat I've ever met, and she deserves the great home she's getting. She's being delivered to her new "palace" tomorrow morning, and I'm pumped to have a bed to send with her!

Crazydoglady,

Thank you for posting the terrific results of your kitty bed. It's a great example of pre and post felting. Yours looks just amazing! I may have to make another one and try it with the Lopi yarn too. And I'm so glad to hear that Spike is adopted. You are a wonderful person to knit that for her.

Hurrah kitty beds!

- Miss Dottie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miss Dottie
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2005 12:45:52 PM »

I finished my holiday knitting early and decided to throw one more project onto my needles... It took about two and a half hours to make, pre-felting, with Classic Elite Two Two in pink, cream, green and grey.

Eliza, I love your kitty and your bed is just amazingly gorgeous. Beautiful colors and your gato looks so sweet in it.  Two and a half hours to finish--you are a knitting machine! What is your kitty's name?

Thanks for sharing!

- Miss Dottie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elizacrandall
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2005 04:41:48 PM »

Eliza, I love your kitty and your bed is just amazingly gorgeous. Beautiful colors and your gato looks so sweet in it.  Two and a half hours to finish--you are a knitting machine! What is your kitty's name?

Thanks for sharing!

- Miss Dottie!

Miss Dottie,
Her name is Kally and she's a talker who can't stand to be alone.  The shelter where we adopted her had named her princess.  It so fits, even before I've completely spoiled her by placing a bed, or two, in each room of the house.  The kitty pi bed is in the office, on the desk, next to the computer, where she curls up, usually with my DH sitting next to her at the computer and me curled up behind them with a book or more knitting (by the time I get home from work, I cant stand to be in front of a computer any longer). 
I wouldnt say Im a knitting machine.  Since it is knit in the round, and pretty mindless, I started it while at my mothers house watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and was within a few rows of binding off by the time the film finished.
Take care,
Eliza
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woolgathered
Sp-diddly-inner

woolgathered.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005 04:43:11 AM »

Here is the bed I made for my sister and Mom's kitty:

Wendy's Kitty Pi before felting:

And as it's blocking:

Knit with sz 13 DPNs and a 40" Addi Turbo in the same size, of Reynold's Lopi in Fuschia and Happy Red. I would have washed it again to felt more, but my Mom thinks that it would be too small for her kitty then. I wish I had a picture of Mitzi actually in the bed, but it wasn't done blocking by the time I left their house yesterday. And I bet you Mitzi won't sleep in it, because she is like that (we're thinking of putting some chlorine soaked bathing suits in the bed to entice her in. You think I'm kidding? She loves my sister's suits!!). Oh yeah, I'm blocking it on a round picinic basket, BooBoo.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005 04:47:23 AM by woolgathered » THIS ROCKS   Logged

flatstanley72
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2005 08:26:18 PM »

I'm very excited to have completed my version of Wendy's kitty pi http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm, which is my second completed knitting project and my first attempt at felting!

And, my Sweetpea likes it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Pork Tenderloin
How to Make American Sushi
How to Make a Roasted Aphrodisiac Chicken
How to Make Turkey Meatballs
How to Make Bannock Bread
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...