A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,658
Currently Running With Scissors:
427 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: kitty bed  (Read 4473 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

itscribe
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004 09:18:14 AM »

Hi All,

Last night I looked around the knitting threads, Grandma taught me to crochet; never learned to knit. This project caught my eye. The best of both worlds, making something and my kitty. I haven't felted anything and have been wanted to try that too.

Well anyway...my question is about how big do you make it? What are the dimensions of the bottom and about how high are the sides - before you felt? After?

The pattern itself seems to easily convert to crochet, but I don't have a feel for guage vs shrinkage. Have you found that different yarns shrink at different rates and have you found that related to wool content or type? What yarn/wool do you like to felt the most?

Thanks for the advice in advance. Yay finally something to make my baby besides a toy or a blanky!

regards,
scribe

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Josephine
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2004 10:11:14 AM »

Awwww...Minnow is sooooo super cute.  I wanna cat too so I can make a kitty bed Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elizacrandall
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2004 08:28:05 PM »

I finished my holiday knitting early and decided to throw one more project onto my needles... It took about two and a half hours to make, pre-felting, with Classic Elite Two Two in pink, cream, green and grey. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowsley

Meow....I'm one stitchin' kitten!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2004 08:52:45 AM »

Awww! Your kitty looks so happy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No Cookies No Peace!!
Monsters aren't Pansies!!
thecatspajamas18
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2004 08:53:08 PM »

Minnow is gorgeous.. and her bed's not so bad either!
That's such a cute idea- I think I'll make that for my own kitties, or maybe make some for the cat shelter.

For all those who want to make one but don't think their cat will use it:  you have to use reverse psychology on those kinds of cats. Act like the cat is NOT allowed to go in the bed, and he/she will most definitely then claim it as their own and use it. hehe

eliza, your tabby is so pretty! She looks like my Carlos.

By the way, is there a way to do it without the  felting? I only have acyrlic yarn and I don't think that is "feltable".
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thecatspajamas18
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2004 08:59:09 PM »

I forgot to ask... what kind of kitty is she? She looks partly siamese. (My siamese has those crooked blue eyes too). omg shes so cute, she looks so softttttt
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazydoglady

I'm dating... and it comes with snacks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2004 06:47:08 PM »

I love this pattern! I made my BIL the kitty bed from SNB and it took for.ev.er. This took much less time and I LOVE the way it turned out!

I used Lopi 100% Icelandic yarn and some fun fur trim.

The cat this is for (and who's posing in it) is Spike, a stray cat I took in and who I just got adopted. She is truly the sweetest cat I've ever met, and she deserves the great home she's getting. She's being delivered to her new "palace" tomorrow morning, and I'm pumped to have a bed to send with her!

Here she is posing in it pre-felting:

And post felting:

She's still curled up sleeping in it right now. I'm so pumped she likes it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thecatspajamas18
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2004 07:22:59 PM »

best wishes for Spike! she's adorable
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowsley

Meow....I'm one stitchin' kitten!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2004 09:08:38 AM »

Spike looks so happy! I hope she likes her new home!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No Cookies No Peace!!
Monsters aren't Pansies!!
Miss Dottie
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2005 06:45:28 PM »

Well anyway...my question is about how big do you make it? What are the dimensions of the bottom and about how high are the sides - before you felt? After?

The pattern itself seems to easily convert to crochet, but I don't have a feel for guage vs shrinkage. Have you found that different yarns shrink at different rates and have you found that related to wool content or type? What yarn/wool do you like to felt the most?

Dear Itscribe,

I'm glad you like the project. I think it would be pretty easy to transcribe into crocheting. Just do the most simple crochet stitch and add a stitch wherever it says to on the pattern.

This was my first felting project and I must say I made a little mistake and used a yarn that wasn't 100 wool in one part and unfortunately, it really funked up the felting process. I would recommend a 100 percent wool-- like Lambs Pride Bulky or something like that.

I hope your cat enjoys it as much as mine does.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Drag Style Face Makeup
Eyes and Eyebrows in Drag Style
How to Makeup a Cat Nose
How to Do Cat Eyelashes Makeup
How to Do Cat Eyes in Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...