A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,330
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cheery Craft  (Read 730 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

theaveragedream

beware of those who dislike cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 09, 2007 06:58:23 PM »

I've just made a new LiveJournal community dedicated to crafting for those in need. It's a personal swap/swap angel sort of thing! You can read all about it here: http://cheerycraft.livejournal.com/profile

Basically, if you have a friend or family member who you know needs a good up-lifting, you can post about them on Cheery Craft and wait for a response. The response will be several packages at the doorstep of that friend or family member, who is now incredibly bouncy on account of the caring and encouragement that was knitted, crocheted, sewn, pressed, pasted, painted, or printed into every card or package (or at least, this is the idea).

If you have a depressed daughter or a hurting friend, they can all do with a little cheery crafting, don't you think?  Grin

I'm really hoping this community kicks off and is a bit hit someday. Please, if you're interested, join! While this isn't a community to receive tangible gifts, the gift of giving is so satisfying.

But I have planned in the future for there to be "The Cheeriest of a Month." This person will receive some sort of prize or package or crafted love from me. Or maybe I can compile a sort of donation, or just buy something myself, such as is done with Craftster Challenges.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please let me know!

While this isn't on a HUGE charity or social cause scale, and more on a personal one, I hope this is the right place to put this Cheesy

Thanks for your time!

~ Joa
http://theaveragedream.livejournal.com (this is my brand new journal, so it's not really interesting yet)
http://cheerycraft.livejournal.com

EDIT: As you may see, I am in desperate need of promoting banners! I would love anything tangible (like business cards!) that I can send along with swaps I'm doing. Graphic banners are good too, for LiveJournal promotion, as well as on my site and anyone else who is interested in promoting. I would greatly appreciate LiveJournal avatars (anything to go with the theme) and even eye-pleasing banners for the profile page, since all I have now is colourful text. All you Photoshop-savvy people, I need you! Please PM me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007 07:15:37 PM by Frozenboogereatr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007 07:02:14 PM »

I love this idea. I might participate in it sometimes in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
aphie
Botticelli Babe

No narrow-hipped nymphet, I'm a Botticelli Babe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007 09:00:09 PM »

I really love this idea! But I don't know if I can take part in it unless people post for folks in Australia, because postage is OUCH internationally. I will def signup though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Craft Blog }
I do personal swaps - PM me!
theaveragedream

beware of those who dislike cats

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007 09:05:50 PM »

I really love this idea! But I don't know if I can take part in it unless people post for folks in Australia, because postage is OUCH internationally. I will def signup though. Smiley

Awesome! I'm hoping that we'll get a wide variety of people in, from all over (like bday_packages). Plus, some people are willing to pay that postage, if you ever happen to have a friend or family member in need ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 8/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 9/10
How to Crochet a Lazy Wave Chevron Part 5/5
How to Crochet a Lazy Wave Chevron Part 1/5
How to Crochet a Peppermint Twist Baby Hat Part 1/15
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...