A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Craft Room  (Read 32212 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_room , organization  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Amber Nussbaum

www.myaimistrue.com

View Profile WWW
« on: July 09, 2007 01:17:52 PM »

So busy this weekend! Got some knitting done, some cleaning done, and tons of organization in the warzone that was the craft room.

Click over to my Flickr photostream to see notes of what things are and where I got em.

At some point I had a video on my camera showing the wasteland that used to be the craft room, but it seems to have disappeared. Probably for the best, I don't want y'all thinking I live in filth all the time (only half the time). First thing I had to do was clean up all the garbage left in the wake of me frantically preparing for Pile of Craft. After doing that and ironing about a mile of wrinkly fabric that needed to be put away, I got to hanging and prettying it up. I got these two little shelves on sale a while back from West Elm.

Here's the section of the room that makes me feel all yummy inside, the stash corner. The white bookshelf is from IKEA, and you can buy the shelf inserts separately to make the compartments. I thought it would be perfect for my somewhat pathetic yarn stash, although it does cut the depth of the shelf about in half.

I also have ribbons, notions, buttons, glue, brushes and other stuff on these shelves. My straight knitting needles are all in a roll that sits on top of the shelf, and the circulars are in a basket until I can come up with something better.

Here are the curtains I made, just a really simple half-curtain (I do not know the technical terminology for curtains so that's probably a word I made up just now). The fabric is from Reprodepot and it's expensive but I knew I wanted it for this and got it 25% off. Yay. Those paper lantern string lights have flamingos on them and were in the $1 section at Target.

Here's my sewing area. The table and chair are from IKEA. The lamp was getting thrown away at my work so I rescued it. I love it cause it swivels to the left so I can have a light above my cutting table as well. The sewing machine is a Bernette 60 I got off Craigslist. The cute vintage paper lanterns on the ceiling were a gift from Amanda.<br/>

I got this mirror in a craft swap a long time ago, I just love it and I'm so glad it finally has a place.

These "artlines" are something I had in my head for a long time, but on my last shopping trip to IKEA, finally became a reality. These are actually curtain wires (DEKA) and I thought they'd be perfect to hang snapshots, postcards and rotating artwork that I don't want to frame but that I do want displayed. I'd like to grab three or four more of these and take them all the way up the wall.

Just love the way these look.

Here's my cutting table, which is actually a regular old drafting table that I put at maximum height and flattened out. The huge cutting mat was being thrown away at my work as well. It's got a few gouges but is more than good enough for me! That hanging thing holds a tealight candle.

I also have a closet in the room for storage, which is where I keep my bins of fabric, lip balm making stuff, packaging stuff, and miscellaneous supplies.

I'm so glad I finally got everything organized. Just walking in the craft room now makes me smile, and I can't wait to get in there and create something!

Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010 07:17:54 AM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.myaimistrue.com
my life in cooking, crafts, fitness, home decor and a boston terrier.
note to self
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007 01:23:42 PM »

Can I live there, please?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LauraCore
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007 01:24:40 PM »

This space is so beautiful. I love the colors you have used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crystalthepirate
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007 01:25:32 PM »

oh my god. that is amazing. and inspires me. i need to clean my other room and most definately make it a craft room now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MnkyMama
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007 01:26:27 PM »

wow I really like....I wish I had that much room for crafting!  I only have a little table! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
creatively chelsea
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007 01:29:40 PM »

When the D.H. gets done building my craft room would you like to come help me organize? That room looks amazing! I can't wait to get into mine and have been chomping at the bit to get it done..but I have to wait on him. I am thinking about trying to do it myself!!! LOL
that will be a sight. I will post when (and if) we ever get it done. It was supposed to be a Christmas present..(in July) I guess! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't love a woman  because she is beautiful; She is beautiful because you love her.

Life is short, Break the rules,
Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly,
Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably,
And never regret anything that made you smile.
frix220

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007 01:32:01 PM »

LOVE it!!! I'm extremely jealous of your awesome organization!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BRAND NEW-- frix220.etsy.com
n u l l g a l
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007 01:33:25 PM »

totally... jealous... what a great color scheme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fear not, for I am with you.
Is. 41:10
Amber Nussbaum

www.myaimistrue.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007 01:33:51 PM »

Thanks everyone. I've been in that house almost two years and that room is finally coming together. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.myaimistrue.com
my life in cooking, crafts, fitness, home decor and a boston terrier.
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007 01:34:40 PM »

Oh my god! That is the coolest craft room ever and you're so organized!

But, what I really want to know is where in the world did you get that adorable pig ribbon!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Simulate Acrylic or Oil Portrait in Photoshop
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 3a
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 2c
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 1c
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 1b
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...