These are so easy and so cute, I just love the color combos I can make with Sugar and Cream. Another present for my niece who turns 2 at the end of the month...now she has the bright pink sherbert one and this purple one.
The original pattern can be found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=176430.0
...and these are my modifications:
1) I used a G hook (b/c my niece is tiny...20" around her chest).
2) I did none of the Edging that the pattern calls for...meaning, I did Rows 1-8 as the pattern specifies, but I just kept using the yarn I used for the triangles (the variegated) in lieu of fastening off after Row 7.
3) Instead of doing a Ch 42 at the end of Row 8, I did a Ch 38 b/c my niece is so tiny. I would measure around your wearer's chest first, but I didn't have that chance so I wung it. Again, I haven't tried it on her so I'm hoping it fits!
4) I only did 8 rounds of the V-stitch pattern (in the pattern it's Rnds 10-24)...I know this will be long enough for my niece but again, I didn't measure.
5) For Rnd 9, I switched to the variegated yarn again and just did dc around the whole bottom edge in lieu of the clusters the pattern states in Rnd 25.
6) I didn't do the straps as the pattern states. I did this instead:
- sl st in an end stitch at the top of one triangle
- sc in top 3 stitches
- yo, pull through all 3 sts.
- make a Ch 50 for strap and continue to sc back down the strap.
- attach to top 3 sts of triangle.
*** ALSO, in order for both triangles to have the correct side facing front, you cannot join the tails together to join the triangles as the pattern states...one triangle has to be turned around.