A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Nekkid Man-along? Warning: anatomically correct (knitted) men ahead! NSFW  (Read 3925 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

The Cats Mother
KnitWit

I said "I'll see what I can do."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007 10:35:20 AM »

I've finally finished knitting my knm (knitted naked man) Some pics:

My boyfriend also wants me to make a matching female. I'll keep you updated on that, as well. Wink

At last! Well done, Singlemom. Cheesy I'd love to see what you make of the female version - the bosoms defeated me and I gave up!

I'm just finishing a 'Nekkid Sleep-In' hot water bottle cover. I'll post it when I've got the pattern typed up.

Kate
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, No! What's She Knitting This Time?
Singlemom
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007 08:39:09 PM »

Thanks  Smiley  Working boobs in such a small area is going to be a challenge. I thought maybe using elastic to pull the cleavage area back in after adding the fullness might help things a bit. I also have considered using some sort of short rows. I'll definitely keep you posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Singlemom
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007 02:05:40 PM »

Just an update on my knit-alone Wink

I don't have any yarn in the right colour to do hair for my knm, so I've started working on my knitted naked woman. I'm using the original pattern as a baseline, but adding some additional shaping for hips, waist, boobies, etc. I'm nearly to the end of the second leg for her, but I'm running out of yarn. I might have to de-stuff a bit of mr nekkid to complete mrs. nekkid.

I may also just have to call them Adam and Eve.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Singlemom
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007 04:33:19 PM »

In case anyone's interested, here are my progress pics for the knitted naked woman:

As you can see, I've done quite a bit of shaping for her. As you also may be able to see, I had to unstuff a bit of the knitted naked man to come up with enough yarn fragments for her. Luckily, I was too lazy to cut the yarn I used to stuff the knitted naked man into too small of sections. (Most of it had already been precut on the skein by my daughter when she was quite a bit younger.) You might also notice a bit of spotting on her from a spilled drink accident. I decided not to try getting rid of the spot until I had her all tied up.

If you can tell, all of those little ends coming out of there are from where I cobbled bits together to finish her. Now I only have to find enough yarn and stuffing to stitch her up and repair the rest of him. Their permanent identities/features are still under debate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
m_diamond

"Where did everybody go? It's lunch!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007 11:59:00 AM »

It seems like the woman is going pretty well. Congratulations!
By the way, I loved that hot water bottle cover too. It was so cute it nearly made me squeal. All of my friends are demanding ones with their favourite fanship characters in.

(wow that sounds sad)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Watch this space -> Sig coming soon*
CraftyGal1965
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008 03:18:15 PM »

Has the nekkid women been finished.  If so is a pattern available?

Cora
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nannetta
Ankh-Morpork Knitters' Guild - Section Roundworld

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008 01:38:35 PM »

A pattern would be so so great... Any fo piccies??

Nan
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I happen to believe in beauty without cruelty." - Gytha Ogg, whilst wearing her very own LIVE tomcat GREEBO for an evening at the opera.

i <3 wisting!
Singlemom
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008 09:15:54 AM »

To be honest, I never dragged my knitted nekkid woman out after moving six months ago. I should finish it, shouldn't I? (I didn't realize anyone was paying attention  Embarrassed )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nannetta
Ankh-Morpork Knitters' Guild - Section Roundworld

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008 12:43:44 PM »

I'm rather new here so i didn't have the chance to be in this from the start.
nekkid man/woman seems a fun project to me though... from the look of it you were rather close to finishing them too  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I happen to believe in beauty without cruelty." - Gytha Ogg, whilst wearing her very own LIVE tomcat GREEBO for an evening at the opera.

i <3 wisting!
Singlemom
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008 07:20:00 AM »

Just so you all know...I can't figure out what I did with my knitted nekkid woman. I have looked all over, in every box that still hasn't been unpacked, and I can't find it.

I may just have to start over. Sorry. :/  I can tell you that my basic differences was to start with two less sitches on the legs, put a few less rows in the legs, then added more increases up towards the hips, with more decreases to get to the waistline (i think i bunched those decreases within a few rows, too, for the pronounced hips and waist. For the boobs, I believe that I started out with bobbles just a few rows after the waist increases with one line of unincreased stitches in between the, uh..."boobles". I then decreased less severely at the same time as I was adding the arms. The arms were also started with two less stitches and made a few rows shorter, to keep in proportion with the legs. The head was made similarly to the guy head, as far as I had gotten.

I'll keep looking. I really hope I didn't leave her up north...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Everyday Glam: Get Glowing
How To Remove Blackheads
Why Gel Nails May Be Bad For You
Sam Rollinson - Model Profile - Interview & Runway
Why Do People Wear Makeup?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...