A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,351
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tour de Fleece 2007  (Read 31985 times)
Tags for this thread: craftster_best_of_2007  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SlickMariaVic
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2007 09:29:01 AM »

Everything looks awesome so far! Im proud to say that I've been keeping up and have managed to spin every day. I have about 1 1/2 pounds of superwash sock hop yarn from Crown Mountain Farms that I need to get done! If I manage to finish that by the end of the tour I have some rainbow dyed superwash and a 10 oz bag of mishmashed fiber from a "garden party" my local group had. If I have energy I'll post pics. Keep on spinnin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
feralfeminine
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2007 02:36:00 PM »

More finished yarn!

This is the superwash merino/viscose mill end yarn that I spun on the first day of the tour. It's mostly viscose. It's really silky and smooth, but still fuzzy - it feels really nice!

Handspun tencel in shades of yellow with bits of pink, brown, orange, and white. I might be making something interesting from this. I spun this yesterday - I'm usually at least a day late on taking photos.

I already spun some merino/bamboo and merino/soysilk earlier today, so I should have more to show tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isamax
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2007 04:11:05 PM »

Handspun tencel in shades of yellow with bits of pink, brown, orange, and white. I might be making something interesting from this.

That is so beautiful.  I can't wait to see what you make with it.  I am in love with all things yellow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ba Ba Booey
LUBEE
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2007 06:42:21 PM »

feralfeminine- wow that is really nice to me it looks like rusty lemons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lufahsman
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2007 07:01:14 PM »

I'm going to try to do this as well.  I don't really have any daily goals.  This is my third day spinning, so I'm still winging it.  Anyway the first two days I got this done.

And today I got this done...

I'll have to raid Jacki's fiber stash for something for tomorrow. 

More pictures here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/trvance/

Travis
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A very silly place...
http://yarnzombie.net/Travis
theboythatspins

If you don't knit, you must aquit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2007 07:08:15 PM »

I include everyone who spins in this but really, LUBEE, TRAVIS, and ISAMAX....you spinners rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I USED TO BE 007lucious_lips!!!!! I MOVED!

If you're happy and you know it say a swear; Boobs, Hiney, MITTENS!
     www.livejournal.com/users/obscura_lamia
Check out the blog for my photography and crafts...and don't forget silly high school drama
                     <3Brandonlicious
chipper
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2007 07:16:25 PM »

I don't have pics yet but today my son woke me up begging to be allowed to spin.  So today was his first day as a spinner.  I pulled out the Spunky FOTM from last October.  It was called Monster Mash and with a name like that, what 7yo boy could refuse.  He and both his sisters each got a turn helping me spin (they did most of the drafting and I kept the the wheel turning) about 2oz, then I spun up the other half and plied them together.  Since I can't find my noddy anywhere, I have no idea what kind of yardage we got but I did wind it into a ball and started knitting a hat with it (the boy is a total hat freak so that's what he wanted).  The kids spent the rest of the day looking at roving deciding what they are going to spin tomorrow Smiley   I did take pics of the ball so hope to share them tomorrow.
--chipp
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isamax
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2007 07:52:22 PM »

I include everyone who spins in this but really, LUBEE, TRAVIS, and ISAMAX....you spinners rock!

Aw, Thanks.  I have long admired your yarns also!  Kiss

chipper:  Don't you love child labor!  My 5 & 7 helped me drum card today!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ba Ba Booey
fyberduck
the quacking fiber addict

I reject your reality and substitute my own

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2007 08:07:26 PM »

I don't have pics yet but today my son woke me up begging to be allowed to spin.

You're story is so sweet!  I can't wait to see pictures of the kids with the wheel Cheesy

And, while I haven't been active on Craftster (has anyone else been getting those "ERROR" messages when they try to check the boards??), I have been spinning:

My Mum took this picture of me at the Hoyt Arboretum this afternoon - I keep having to spin on the fly lately and still don't have my new wheel Cry  But, I have been spinning laceweight yarn, albeit slowly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the qfa:
unequivocally proving that knitting is not an intelligence test

Got a tape measurer?
knitwit

The cookie thief

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2007 08:12:17 PM »

I love the action spinning shot! ...and the chicken nesting in the yarn and the gold yarn you need sunglasses to view - great stuff!  Smiley

I've got some yarn on bobbins and on the niddy and hanging in my bathroom. Sneak peek:

fyberduck: I actually had to go back to safari to look at craftster. Firefox was giving me constant trouble.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Revlon Age Defying Wrinkle Remedy Line Filler Product Review
Kendall Jenner Makeup Tutorial
A Tomboy-Glam Makeover For Cassandra Bankson’s Biggest Fan
Make Your Lipstick Last the Entire Day
Hair Treatment Myths and Realities
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...